• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#1 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:00

I'm playing through Ch. 4 again - which I LOVE - nothing has made me happier than returning to all the wonderful familiarities of TLJ. Anyway - I doubt I'm the first to think of this, but I am convinced that Zoe is dreaming all through Propast - in other words - I think she is still in the coma. And the reason is because: In Dreamfall: TLJ when she hooked up to the Dreamer at home (in Stark - at The Fringe & from Japan) - her body stayed behind. And when she was IN Marcuria - DREAMING - every time she was sent back home, her body disappeared - remember Na'ane and April freaking out "Where did she go??" and in the end scene when the Azadi kill the Rebels - Brynn and Chawan make her fall asleep and her body "poof! disappears again. Because when she is in a dream her body disappears when she goes to another location. In Propast when she hooks up to the Dreamer in front of Mira - her body disappears - meaning she was never really there in bodily form - she was in Propast in a dream (still in the coma).  Make sense? I can't wait until Book 5! :)

*Note: I posted same topic discussion over on Steam...

EDITED to add further explanation I posted later in this thread:

I actually don't think Propast is REAL. I don't think it is a real place and as such I don't think Reza was ever there. I think Reza died in Venice in Dreamfall TLJ. I think that Propast is in Zoe's mind in her dreamstate/coma state - where she is trying to wake up. And the struggle to wake up has caused her to have these experiences which are subtly reminding her who she is and where she needs to be. So for example, Reza in her "dream-coma" is there b/c she is remembering she had a boyfriend, she is remembering they had some problems - and eventually she will remember how she went to go look for him in Venice and that's what led her to the dreamers and WatiCorp. Another example: Zoe needs to remember Arcadia - so her dream-coma state of Propast is littered with signs - i.e. the Crow-Light-Up-Talking-Map. I believe as Queenie is a dragon - she had forced her way into Zoe's mind to aid her in waking up - and that was a real experience.  If Hanna is magical then the experiences with her may be real as well.  I may not be right, of course, but do you understand my theory better now? It's a bit confusing -but its what I really think now. I think the events in Propast (a/k/a Zoe's confused mind) represents her struggle to wake up.

*I added this further explanation here b/c we seem to be confusing ourselves with the dual meaning of the word "dream" as Dreamfall gives "dream" another meaning as pertains to Zoe: I believe when Zoe "dreams" herself into Marcuria - Marcuria is a REAL world. Zoe's special power of course is as The Dreamer. When I say I think she was "dreaming" through Propast that was a generic (confusing!) use of the word - as in "its all in her head" with of course some potential magical intruders! 

OK I'm playing TLJ, the Original again - just downloaded - back to the beginning! :) 

• Veen Friend likes this

#2 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2114 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:29

I'm playing through Ch. 4 again - which I LOVE - nothing has made me happier than returning to all the wonderful familiarities of TLJ. Anyway - I doubt I'm the first to think of this, but I am convinced that Zoe is dreaming all through Propast - in other words - I think she is still in the coma. And the reason is because: In Dreamfall: TLJ when she hooked up to the Dreamer at home - her body stayed behind. And when she was IN Marcuria - DREAMING - every time she was sent back home, her body disappeared - remember Na'ane and April freaking out "Where did she go??" and in the end scene when the Azadi kill the Rebels - Brynn and Chawan make her fall asleep and her body "poof! disappears again. Because when she is in a dream her body disappears when she goes to another location. In Propast when she hooks up to the Dreamer in front of Mira - her body disappears - meaning she was never really there in bodily form - she was in Propast in a dream (still in the coma).  Make sense? I can't wait until Book 5! :)

*Note: I posted same topic discussion over on Steam...

I think not... she probably dream herself there... (I'm pretty sure Hannah is real for example...)(So, double dreamshift.)

• inspector likes this

#3 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:39

When Zoe is knocked out by Nela's explosion there is a quick shot at her in the coma bed "glitching". And now she's finally awake...and in the real world.
I believe propast was a Wati-induced dream, while Marcuria was "real". Now she's back in Stark, me thinks

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#4 Barentity

Barentity

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:44

Propast was a dream but everything is a dream, so everything that happened in Propast was real. Zoë was only there because she dreamed herself there, in the same way that she dreams herself to Arcadia but it is still real. Reality itself is a dream of the First Dreamer.

• Vainamoinen, khh, Alcarmo and 6 others like this

#5 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2114 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:46

Propast was a dream but everything is a dream, so everything that happened in Propast was real. Zoë was only there because she dreamed herself there, in the same way that she dreams herself to Arcadia but it is still real. Reality itself is a dream of the First Dreamer.

And now the first is fuse to Zoe and Yaga... holy what!!!

#6 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:47

When Zoe is knocked out by Nela's explosion there is a quick shot at her in the coma bed "glitching". And now she's finally awake...and in the real world.
I believe propast was a Wati-induced dream, while Marcuria was "real". Now she's back in Stark, me thinks

But there's mention in CH. 3 how that explosive would have killed anyone near it - yet, miraculously Zoe lives? With "dragon-like" (hmmm...) scales skin grafts?? And those maps with the light-up Crow just can't be real - it has to be her dreams all intertwining... And Reza is pretty likely dead - it was too weird how he suddenly just appeared in Propast. And of course the big give-away is when Queenie (definitely a dragon) tells her she is fading. There are more weird things - those are just a few.

I'm sticking with Propast being all a dream!  We shall soon learn the truth! :) I think I'm going to start from the very beginning with TLJ again today. <3 

• the red of the kin likes this

#7 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:48

And now the first is fuse to Zoe and Yaga... holy what!!!

No way do I think Casablanca was a dream...

#8 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:49

As the White Draic Kin said in Dreamfall (quote is from memory) : "You are Dreaming, Zoe, but this is not a dream". In other words, Zoe was indeed in a coma but "dreamt" herself onto the real world. Most probably, that is.

• Alcarmo and inspector like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#9 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:50

Yeah maybe but throughout all first 3 books people are telling Zoe to wake up. And during these chapters I kept thinking she has to wake up from her induced coma....which she did.

• NicoleCT likes this

#10 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2114 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:52

As the White Draic Kin said in Dreamfall (quote is from memory) : "You are Dreaming, Zoe, but this is not a dream". In other words, Zoe was indeed in a coma but "dreamt" herself onto the real world. Most probably, that is.

well, seriously, Ragnar is freak to be able to find is way around inside this universe, because it's clearly becoming complexe on a high level.

• Yarrozu likes this

#11 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:52

But there's mention in CH. 3 how that explosive would have killed anyone near it - yet, miraculously Zoe lives? With "dragon-like" (hmmm...) scales skin grafts?? And those maps with the light-up Crow just can't be real - it has to be her dreams all intertwining... And Reza is pretty likely dead - it was too weird how he suddenly just appeared in Propast. And of course the big give-away is when Queenie (definitely a dragon) tells her she is fading. There are more weird things - those are just a few.

I'm sticking with Propast being all a dream!  We shall soon learn the truth! :) I think I'm going to start from the very beginning with TLJ again today. <3 

And I totally agree!

• NicoleCT likes this

#12 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:54

oooh - also:  In Propast there is even an art gallery owned by Emma on some random corner - you may not have even noticed it. And it means nothing to Zoe? No way. It's a muddled memory thrown into the mix... like the crow-maps.

• the red of the kin, Shumu and Yarrozu like this

#13 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:54

This was before her "mother" put her in a coma. She was dreaming herself in Marcuria while at the Fringe...if I recall it right?

#14 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:59

This was before her "mother" put her in a coma. She was dreaming herself in Marcuria while at the Fringe...if I recall it right?

Yes, she dreamed herself into Marcuria - her body remained behind at The Fringe - because she really was at The Fringe searching for Reza.

• the red of the kin likes this

#15 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:37

Actually the Gallery does mean something to her. She even says she got in touch with Emma about it.

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#16 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:39

I still think/hope we'll see Emma in Book 5 and it won't be just a cameo, but she'll have a role to play.

• inspector and Yarrozu like this

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#17 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:41

Actually the Gallery does mean something to her. She even says she got in touch with Emma about it.

Yes you're right - if you click on it. I didn't word my thoughts on it properly - I meant it played no role in the story. One didn't even need to notice it or click on it to play through the Chapter. It was more there as a fragmented/muddled memory...

#18 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:51

From the second Chapter on, I thought everyone knew or suspected that Zoe had dreamt  herself into Propast.

Did you notice that Zoe's room in Casablanca is behind a heavy metal door that looked like high security.

• wandrew likes this

#19 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:52

From the second Chapter on, I thought everyone knew or suspected that Zoe had dreamt  herself into Propast.

Did you notice that Zoe's room in Casablanca is behind a heavy metal door that looked like high security.

Yep - I just wrote about that in my "HELENA CHANG!" topic - lol. I think that's definitely Helena Chang sitting behind the window watching her - just like with her sister, Faith... 

• Kari2 likes this

#20 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:54

I think she's no longer in Kansas Casablanca, but the room for some reason "emulates" the room (and the view from the windows, etc) she was at the end of the first Dreamfall. Maybe it was already "fake" then or she was kidnapped/moved to that observation room later.

• Veen Friend and ct2651 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zoe, Propast, April, Marcuria, Dreamer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users