#101 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 January 2016 - 19:33

I can't say that it ever occurred to me that "going walking" from the House of All Worlds meant reincarnation. I took and take it literally: as physical travel across the multiverse. The idea that Magnus is worried about Saga having a whole bad life before being reincarnated back in the HoAW strikes me as silly. It seems to me to be the simple concern of a parent that his child, traveling on her own out of his protection, could get hurt or killed, especially by frightening people with strange "unnatural" abilities like immunity to fire damage.

• GistOfSpirit, inspector and Starseeker like this

#102 jannar85

jannar85

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMosjøen, Norway

Posted 22 January 2016 - 00:09

First of all, this is just a crazy theory I have.

Not really incarnation, but incarnation from "the age they leave the house." So Saga was 4 the first time, that would mean she would arrive as a four year old (Would explain April's back story and how it's all a blur). Then she wanders off again at 14.. in book 4.... But it's just a speculation, but it would also explain all the things Abnaxus told Zoe and Crow. That's why Magnus didn't want her to leave the house before she was 18. That would also explain her uncle Galath as well, (my theory is if he is Cortez or Brian Westhouse), they can take on many forms. Magnus can't do that, as he's just a mortal - and when him and Saga go on a walk together, they are going as themselves. I also think her uncle is Etta's brother, so they have the same gift.

Vanya-illin, did you read the rest of my post? I tried to back up my theory.

#103 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 January 2016 - 19:21

I read it all, and thanks for all the dialog. It was always clear to me that Saga was April-returned. The notion of then looping it so that Saga became young April seemed to strain credulity. The backstory in TLJ made it clear (to me) that April had been adopted as an infant not a young child, and she had possibly never seen anything like humans before that.

• inspector likes this

#104 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:52

Saga's paths from HOAW are very interesting part of story. Im still not sure if April was Saga's path or Saga is reborn April. Its very possible that Anna can be Saga's path from Interlude II or III. It seems that family from House Of All Worlds can impact events in Lux's Dream.

#105 Cendres

Cendres

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2016 - 22:23

I don't get it. People talk about how similar they are, yet to my eyes they are completely different. How are these two similar?

pmAPsX1.pngsdhqdefault.jpg

I just took this pic: Yes there is in fact a scar at the same eyebrow.  No they do not look exactly alike, but if you are reborn, or if you walking as a different person but still with your soul you may not look exactly the same either. When you dream yourself in your dreams are you always exactly as you are? I know I am not. :P Not saying shifting and dreaming are the same thing, but they do share similarities. 

2016-02-09_00027.jpg

#106 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 23:03

The contention until now has been that they are the same person because they look the same.  The argument against that is, of course, that they actually don't look the same at all. 

However, now you're saying that they're the same person because they don't look the same?  :blink:

You'll excuse me if I see something wrong with that logic.

Seems to me the far simpler explanation for them looking different is that they are different people. 

• tummy ooh aah and inspector like this

#107 Cendres

Cendres

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:42

No I'm saying they could be the same person and they don't have to look exactly the same to achieve this, or the same at all. People are looking for visual clues to support they are the same person, a sort of easter egg that tie these people together. And it's just as possible that they are the same person as they may not be. Both are equally viable at this point. 

And isn't it strange that both Hanna and Saga have a scar at the same spot? You can't see April or Anna's brows at the outer corner because the hair hides them, so hard to say there. 

You know what's interesting? Daughters, plural are mentioned at the end of book 4...So no they may not be the same person, but with the theory that Etta and Saga are reincarnating in either Stark or Arcadia when they 'walk', it's possible Saga is Hanna, April, or Anna. 

Personally I don't think any of these girls are the same person, but I won't knock it until it's proven otherwise. 

EDIT: Actually not true, I think if there's any link it's between April and Saga. The spring rebirth thing is just too much for me to ignore.

#108 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:13

The link between Saga and April is pretty much a given at this point.  Too many similarities and plus there's the spirit of the White calling her sister-daughter again.  Same as April was called in both TLJ and Dreamfall. 

The connection between the two is so strong and so full of little details for the observant fan to pick up on.

Meanwhile, the connection between Saga and Hannah is what, a scar on her eyebrow?  Seems pretty weak if you ask me.  Seems to me that if you're being reborn as somebody there should be a whole lot more similarities than that.  Not to mention that, if true, would make zero sense story-wise.  How would a revelation like that change anything?  How would it impact our understanding of what's happening?  There is nothing that Hannah says or does that would change in any way if this were true.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

All this really does is over-complicate something that doesn't need to be any more complicated than it already is.

• Pawlo_86, tummy ooh aah, inspector and 2 others like this

#109 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:00

The link between Saga and April is pretty much a given at this point.  Too many similarities and plus there's the spirit of the White calling her sister-daughter again.  Same as April was called in both TLJ and Dreamfall. 
The connection between the two is so strong and so full of little details for the observant fan to pick up on.

...and also spends her time drawing pictures of Aprils life.

Would seem rather odd to me if she changes in appearance almost totally when being reborn... except for a small generic looking scar.

Plus The House of all worlds stuff has always been part of Aprils story, and noting to do with the Zoe dreaming stuff, of which Hannah is a part.
  • magic88889 and inspector like this

#110 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 18:13

Meanwhile, the connection between Saga and Hannah is what, a scar on her eyebrow?  Seems pretty weak if you ask me.  Seems to me that if you're being reborn as somebody there should be a whole lot more similarities than that.  Not to mention that, if true, would make zero sense story-wise.  How would a revelation like that change anything?  How would it impact our understanding of what's happening?  There is nothing that Hannah says or does that would change in any way if this were true.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

All this really does is over-complicate something that doesn't need to be any more complicated than it already is.

I think you're over analyzing. This is a game, not real life. Think of Hindu scripture for example, which says people are not only reborn but reborn as completely different animals. Being reborn with only an eyebrow scar being carried over to the new life seems quite a bit in that light.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#111 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 20:30

Maybe I am over-analyzing, but isn't that what we do here?  Pick apart every little detail to try and fit theories in about what's really going on?  Isn't that one of the strengths of this series?

Anyway, we're not talking about the Hindu concept of rebirth.  From a story perspective, why would you bring back a character and have them be completely different than they were in a past life?  You bring back a character so their story can continue.  But if their personality and character traits are all different and have no connection other than a small physical similarity, what purpose does it serve to have that connection?  Having that connection between April and Saga makes sense.  It changes the story, and how we perceive both April's death and Saga.  It gives a future for that character, and while we currently don't know the full impact of this rebirth, we know it has something to do with how April was "saved".  From a storytelling perspective, it adds to the story.  Yes it makes things more complicated, but the you gain so much from that connection.

Meanwhile how does the Hannah connection change or inform the story?  It doesn't.  It simply makes things more complicated without adding any benefit for us or the story.

• inspector likes this

#112 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:15

I don't think we know that yet. Hanna may have much to disclose in Book 5.

• inspector likes this

#113 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:27

That's a fair point, although I doubt Ragnar would do it that way.  Seems a bit lazy to suddenly add all those connections at the end, rather than slowly building them up as we go along.  We spent a good amount of time with Hannah, and you would think if there were that connection, the seeds would have already been planted. 

What we DO know of Hannah says that she and April are very different characters.

Honestly, I don't think we'll see much, if anything, of Hannah in the final book.  Her story seemed pretty well finished to me.

• inspector likes this

#114 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:46

I think you're over analyzing. This is a game, not real life.

Before the last book I would have agreed with this. But when you start using terms like multiverse, you better have all your ducks in a row. All of them. And it all better make logical sense.

#115 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 22:01

Before the last book I would have agreed with this. But when you start using terms like multiverse, you better have all your ducks in a row. All of them. And it all better make logical sense.

Meh, it's a game multiverse :) :P

#116 Cendres

Cendres

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2016 - 00:57

Honestly I feel like both Hannah and Anna are thrown in there without much purpose so far. Both characters confuse and annoy me because they don't seem to flow with the rest of the story, they just seem random. I'm sure that's not true, but since book 5 is the last it makes me unneasy that there will be more left unsaid after this is over. The wait after Dreamfall was just too painful... ; ; 

• inspector likes this

#117 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:42

Honestly I feel like both Hannah and Anna are thrown in there without much purpose so far. Both characters confuse and annoy me because they don't seem to flow with the rest of the story, they just seem random. I'm sure that's not true, but since book 5 is the last it makes me unneasy that there will be more left unsaid after this is over. The wait after Dreamfall was just too painful... ; ; 

like a red herring, that has occurred to me too? I don't know, I'm of the mind that they must be important because they seem so random, at least more so with Hannah then with Anna.

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

#118 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:51

Hannah to me has a purpose and her part in the story is finished. Not sure why I should see her again.
Anna to me never had much of a purpose. She started off as this mysterious individual that would help Kian in some way, but soon revealed to be a romance option...no wait..she's not even that anymore...but she knows Utana...and loves Kian...soooooo

I don't know what to make of her, but thankfully I also didn't get to see too much of her :) 

• inspector and Dhraiden like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#119 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:25

My own theory on this is that April Ryan and her story in TLJ is a figment of Saga's imagination. Remember what Cortez told April at the Roma Gallery? 

Cortez: 'For something to be real, to be truthful, the artist must transfer -- shift -- part of him or her into the work to transcend the illusion and reach for the truth of art.' 

Saga has written April in the likeness of herself. They look alike, both are artistic, shifter, intelligent, non-human anchestry, and so on.. When she places her drawings in the correct order, a shift opens which she steps through. Shifting herself into her work in order to materialize April Ryan, and her story, in the real world. 

#120 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:18

I'd be more willing to accept that theory.  However, the way the opening cinematic is constructed, with April's funeral immediately followed by Saga's birth, seems to strongly imply that Saga is April reborn, and not that Saga somehow becomes April.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Saga, April, Etta, White, Spring, Dragon, Kin, Magnus, House of all worlds, HoaW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users