Bluelikevelvet

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain!

Posted 04 December 2015 - 14:02

Hi, there! 

First of all, I'd like to congratulate RTG's team as they did a marvelous job with this book so far. Or the little I could play. 

I got stuck in the Abnaxus Abode. First, I thought I got stuck out of my own potato ability with puzzles, but no. I just saw a gameplay and I could relate how the game should behave there. 

Crow is supposed to be standing there on a barrel and help you out. In my case, Crow just flies up high in the sky (really high I must say), and I cannot interact with him, I can just click on him with the eye icon. 

Also... I have a worse performance than in previous books. The videos play super slow (something like 5 frames per second) and the dialogues that come previously to the topic election come also super slow, making it really difficult to stay focussed. 

I had bad performances before, and a kind devoloper (<3) told me it could be because of the OSX I had installed back then, which was Snow Leopard. Now I'm running it on El Capitan, the lastest mac OSX. 

My specs are: 

Macbook late 2009, 8GB RAM, 

2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1066MHz frontside bus

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM

I'm running the game with the lowest quality, graphic effects turned off and shadow distance really close. 

┬┐Could you tell me if it's my mac doing it weird?  :huh:

:D Thanks! 

• fire_lizard likes this

:crow: "You know that Rubber Ducky comes from April Ryan's appartment right? RIGHT?!"

#2 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2284 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 December 2015 - 20:52

Reply...I'm not sure this is a bug...have you talked to Oner yet?  Crow was nowhere around when I first went there, but after talking to Oner and walking away, then he was.  So maybe?

• Mr_Russ likes this

#3 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 05 December 2015 - 21:58

Crow is on a trigger.

#4 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:11

Yeah, I don't think it's a bug. You have to do some searching. 

#5 Inaere

Inaere

Rubber Ducky

• Journeyman
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:02

It is a bug. In my case, Crow keeps floating in the air and not for a second stands on the barrel or he is at a very high distance in the sky and can not interact at all with him. Also, after the barrel hits that man, my game freezes (the man is laying on the ground, the other man's feet are behind him, the grass is moving but nothing else is happening...I can not make any progress from that point). I have been replaying this scene over and over without any success.

• Bluelikevelvet likes this

#6 Bluelikevelvet

Bluelikevelvet

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain!

Posted 06 December 2015 - 15:03

Reply...I'm not sure this is a bug...have you talked to Oner yet?  Crow was nowhere around when I first went there, but after talking to Oner and walking away, then he was.  So maybe?

It is a bug. In my case, Crow keeps floating in the air and not for a second stands on the barrel or he is at a very high distance in the sky and can not interact at all with him. Also, after the barrel hits that man, my game freezes (the man is laying on the ground, the other man's feet are behind him, the grass is moving but nothing else is happening...I can not make any progress from that point). I have been replaying this scene over and over without any success.

Hi there, fellas! thanks for replaying so quickly! 

Well, as Inaere says, it is actually a bug. I did a lot of walking-talking and scouting too. Crow is still up high, not relaxed in any barrel or trigger. First i thought I had to search something myself or so, until I saw a gameplay. In my case, Inaere, I cannot even throw the barrel to the goon, just because I cannot pick up crow and tell him where to go... he's so far! And yeah, as I said, I talked to Onor Hillaris, three times, as I didn't know what to do. After that first time, Crow said something, but he wasn't anywhere near, just up high in the stratosphere. He must feel like a rocket, I guess. 

Thanks again for replaying so quickly! Let's hope there's a solution coming :) 

:crow: "You know that Rubber Ducky comes from April Ryan's appartment right? RIGHT?!"

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 December 2015 - 15:07

Does it happen again if you load an autosave from before you entered the city green, and then try going in there again?
  • Bluelikevelvet likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#8 Bluelikevelvet

Bluelikevelvet

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain!

Posted 06 December 2015 - 17:58

Does it happen again if you load an autosave from before you entered the city green, and then try going in there again?

Hi! Well, I have been trying different things. And that one didn't work, but I started thinking and upgrading my mac for other matters. Turns out I had to install Java in a late version to get to work some software I had. After installing it, I retried what you just said, and yeah! CROW IS ON THE BARREL. I haven't gone any further from there, I won't be able to play until tomorrow. But maybe java was the problem? :D 

• Tina, khh and Mr_Russ like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, performance, mac, osx, book4, crow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users