132 replies to this topic

#121 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 January 2016 - 22:58

"the stuck/freeze during loading" was a very annoying bug and im so glad that it is fixed in 4.2
  • Niklon likes this

#122 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 January 2016 - 23:46

In Version 4.2 RTG fixed "vanishing music" in Chapter Three. Chapter Five is still without music.

#123 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:06

With the German localization, it's not just that they promised it in the Kickstarter. RTG has a deal with EuroVideo for distribution in Germany. Thus far Germany is the only country to get a physical release* beyond the Kickstarter copies (and it'll probably stay that way).  I would assume that German localization would be part of that deal, but I don't fully know. 

*Yeah, yeah, yeah, the "physical version" is basically just a disc with a Steam Key, I know. :P

Yes, you are correct with this. If you buy the game in Germany you have guaranteed full German localisation and THAT is the contract I was talking about. A simple contract I do "sign" whenever I buy a game. I get what is promised there and I pay money and promise that I don't make any copys ect. - this is called a contract.

Regarding the German localisation: after the announcement from RTG that they will wait with the full localisation now until after release of the last Book I've decided to quit Dreamfall until then. I was ready to beta test their localisations and to list every little bug so they could fix it and make this game perfect. But this costs a lot of my spare free time and at the moment I don't feel like helping them here the way they treat the whole localisation in general. I know that this is not their fault alone but those problems should never be brought to the customer in the first place. In fact the customer should not even be able to notice that something went wrong. I guess that is the problem with small studios and kickstarters and maybe RTG really shouldn't have offered to localise the game at all - at least not including time and cost consuming voice overs. Some of you may be lucky about it but I am out of here until this game has fully been released. Thank you RTG for this wonderful game so far but next time please be more careful what you are promising.

#124 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:51

According to Steamdb version 4.2 is replaced by 4.3 today.
  • Mr_Russ likes this

#125 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 17:46

According to Steamdb version 4.2 is replaced by 4.3 today.

Is that a beta patch? The reason I ask is to try to get some kind of timeframe for the release of the patch on GOG. GOG tends to release full patches after they're released on Steam, but they tend to skip the beta patches on Steam. Also, is there a changelog?

#126 The-Hige

The-Hige

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 18:46

*pray the goddes it's the french subs*

186891e7sign.gif

#127 xyllian

xyllian

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 20:10

*pray the goddes it's the french subs*

it is  ;)

#128 The-Hige

The-Hige

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 20:26

it is  ;)

giphy.gif

186891e7sign.gif

#129 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 March 2016 - 20:27

Is that a beta patch? The reason I ask is to try to get some kind of timeframe for the release of the patch on GOG. GOG tends to release full patches after they're released on Steam, but they tend to skip the beta patches on Steam. Also, is there a changelog?

My Steam has downloaded a 114.5 MB patch on the release (not beta) branch. I don't know what might have changed, though.

edit: Woops, guess it was the french subtitles :P

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#130 Bialins

Bialins

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 20:14

Any idea for when we will try Book 5?

#131 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:08

Any idea for when we will try Book 5?

No official word from RTG yet. Our best collective guess is late March or April.

#132 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:38

The patch is up on GOG.

• khh and Pawlo_86 like this

#133 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 March 2016 - 22:35

What a nice surprise, DFC is included in the latest Humble Bundle!

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Release, Book Four, Revelations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users