Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 22:13

LOL, no one? Is that what you call a 'virtual company'??? :D :D

• Vainamoinen likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#82 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:21

I read that as "Especially when no one no longer works for them" *chuckle* :P

So did I. I wonder what Sigmund Freud would have to say about this.

#83 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:04

Freud was a quack, so who cares ??? :D

#84 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:13

Freud was a quack, so who cares ??? :D

I agree, and that's why it's amusing to hear his ignorant assumptions. He assumed that the fact that he had an Oedipus complex somehow means that all males have one. He actually thought that the fact that he had a relatively rare disorder means that everyone has it. After all, it couldn't just be him. Now that makes me laugh.

#85 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 19:14

I agree, and that's why it's amusing to hear his ignorant assumptions. He assumed that the fact that he had an Oedipus complex somehow means that all males have one. He actually thought that the fact that he had a relatively rare disorder means that everyone has it. After all, it couldn't just be him. Now that makes me laugh.

Well, to be fair, his mother was a hottie :D :D :D

#86 Maxime Girard

Maxime Girard

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 13 December 2015 - 20:08

My friend W00t that contributed to our cumulative pledge and I just finished the playthrough of Book 4. We definitely enjoyed the time spent so far in this beautiful universe shaped by a wonderful team of hyper motivated people that are going through Heaven and He'll to get it done.

Sincerely and from the depths of our hearts :

Thankyou :)

@Ragnar: If you need a last boost to give to yourself and the team for the final book, I suggest you do the calls now (for those who pledged enough and maybe a few others of your chosong). Everyone that invested enought will certainly have a few or many nice words to share with you and anyone else nearby.

@Everyone: Let's join spiritual hands together and send our positive thoughts to the team and to ourselves to make this universe a better place for all...and maybe end up in a magical place where all dreams can come true. :)

#87 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 17:00

As usual still waiting for the German localisation of book 4 so I can play it too (and while doing this checking if the remaining localisation bugs where fixed). I would strongly suggest that you change your abnnouncement from "Book 4 is released" to "Book 4 is released to everone who can speak english". As I said before I really don't like the way RTG treats the localisation (like a bonus which it is not since it was promised and part of the package). So enjoy book 4 while I and many foreign gamers keep waiting :(

#88 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 18:21

I don't think that's quite fair. Are you suggesting that RTG should delay the release of a Book until all the localizations are complete?

RTG has kept its promise to deliver localized versions of DFC. True, it does take a little longer than the English release, but DFC is being developed in English, so that makes sense. Also, RTG is dependent on 3rd party translation services to provide the localizations.

Like it or not, the biggest majority of players speak English, so it makes sense to ensure the game is ready for them first. Unfortunately, being part of a minority does mean you don't get some things as quickly. It's just a fact of life.

Delaying the release of a Book until every localization is complete would mean the potential loss of sales to new players of DFC. I doubt you want that; I sure don't.

#89 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 18:34

I assure y'all the nazis didn't burn the books of "quacks". :mellow:

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#90 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:44

Well, Book 4's release was already delayed a little to wait for GoG to get it ready. :P

#91 jamesb2147

jamesb2147

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 20:14

Anybody have any idea what the 300MB+ that I just downloaded via Steam was? Looks like a minor update.

#92 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 21:22

Yes, it would be a new patch: http://redthreadgame...-info/?p=113070

#93 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 21:35

Just to reiterate: I believe this patch, and future patches until Book 5 is released, will only be released on Steam. At least that's the situation as I understand it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please.

#94 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 December 2015 - 21:39

Just to reiterate: I believe this patch, and future patches until Book 5 is released, will only be released on Steam. At least that's the situation as I understand it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please.

In the past all patches except the Unity 5 upgrade has been released on all platforms, so that would be my expectation still. But I don't know for sure.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#95 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:24

The patch was available on Humble the day after the announced release. I hope RTG continues to give future patches as well as Book 5 to GOG and Humble before making it available on Stream. It is nice when we all can share the patches and updates together.

#96 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 16:51

I don't think that's quite fair. Are you suggesting that RTG should delay the release of a Book until all the localizations are complete?

RTG has kept its promise to deliver localized versions of DFC. True, it does take a little longer than the English release, but DFC is being developed in English, so that makes sense. Also, RTG is dependent on 3rd party translation services to provide the localizations.

Like it or not, the biggest majority of players speak English, so it makes sense to ensure the game is ready for them first. Unfortunately, being part of a minority does mean you don't get some things as quickly. It's just a fact of life.

Delaying the release of a Book until every localization is complete would mean the potential loss of sales to new players of DFC. I doubt you want that; I sure don't.

Yes, I still think it would be a good idea to wait until the episode is finished completely but I understand why this probably is not in
everyone's interest. However - if the english speaking people don't know when an episode will be released how could they be mad about if it was not
released on a specific date? They wouldn't even know that the reason for this date was.

But even if they continue to handle the release the same way they do now (which they probably will - I am just stating my opinion and I do not really
hope to change anything with it) they could at least say loud and clear that the upcoming release is ONLY IN ENGLISH. Believe it or not even though
it might be the majority (not sure about that) who is speaking english for people who are not able to understand english this release means NOTHING
until the localisation is finished. I don't know if I am able to make my point of view clear here but at the moment every announcement "the book X will
release on Y" automatically assumes that you understand English even without saying it. Guessing that there surely are a lot people who are
still DEPENDANT on their localisation just to play the game at all this seems to me like a bit of disrespect for those people. They are there, too and
it should at least be clearly mentioned that they'll have to wait (again) longer than others.

As you may already have guessed, I could play the game in English too but I think it is a priciple thing to treat yout customers the same and at least
acknlowledge the fact that there are people out there who don't speak any english (yes, they DO make the localisation but their announcement for every
episode is written in a way that you might think that those people don't exist at all).

#97 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 19:35

To reiterate one point: the sooner it's out the door, the sooner it starts bringing in money. Waiting longer means lost revenue, plain and simple.

You're not sure the majority of players are English speakers? The game is released in 3 languages: English, French, and German. Do you really think the total of French and German players even comes close to the total of English? I think this is similar to the game distribution platforms. I'm a GOG user. I do not like Steam. For one thing, I find Steam Achievements silly. However, I recognize 2 things: many, many Steam users love Achievements, and I will have to wait a little longer to get the game, updates, and patches because I prefer to use GOG. I'm in the minority on these 2 things. I accept that, and the consequences.

I think it's also interesting to note that the notifications you're talking about are written in English. Wouldn't it be natural to assume that an English notification would relate to an English game. I mean, how weird would it be to put out a release notice in English for a game that's only in German? That said, I have no idea if RTG puts out any notifications in French or German. I hope they do, for those that don't speak English at all.

#98 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 18:18

To reiterate one point: the sooner it's out the door, the sooner it starts bringing in money. Waiting longer means lost revenue, plain and simple.

You're not sure the majority of players are English speakers? The game is released in 3 languages: English, French, and German. Do you really think the total of French and German players even comes close to the total of English? I think this is similar to the game distribution platforms. I'm a GOG user. I do not like Steam. For one thing, I find Steam Achievements silly. However, I recognize 2 things: many, many Steam users love Achievements, and I will have to wait a little longer to get the game, updates, and patches because I prefer to use GOG. I'm in the minority on these 2 things. I accept that, and the consequences.

I think it's also interesting to note that the notifications you're talking about are written in English. Wouldn't it be natural to assume that an English notification would relate to an English game. I mean, how weird would it be to put out a release notice in English for a game that's only in German? That said, I have no idea if RTG puts out any notifications in French or German. I hope they do, for those that don't speak English at all.

Just a quick note on the point "the sooner it is out the sooner it makes money": this may be the case with a single game but not with an episodic release especially not after release of episode 1 because people already have bought the game at this moment.

Your last scentence made me look up on steam and I stumbled over a thread mostly written in German in which the people there said exactly what I have said. For Germans it is a bit disappointing because even though steam is clearly stating that the game is in German one book still is not and all the announcements are only in English. That is exactly what I am trying to tell: it makes you feel ( I don't say that it is the case but it feels like it) that RTG does not really care that much about German (or French) players. That being said: still waiting for the localisation.

#99 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 19:10

Actually, every time an episode is released, there's a press release, reviews and general media coverage, that grabs people's attention.  That will grab attention of new players, and thus sales do happen.  So yes, while RTG doesn't get any more money from existing players, each release does attract new players, and thus more money. 

#100 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 23:17

Actually, every time an episode is released, there's a press release, reviews and general media coverage, that grabs people's attention.  That will grab attention of new players, and thus sales do happen.  So yes, while RTG doesn't get any more money from existing players, each release does attract new players, and thus more money. 

This^^. The number of people who've bought the game has steadily increased with each book release. SteamSpy figures confirm this.

Minorities always feel that they're not being cared about enough, I get that. As a GOG user I'm in a minority, so I've had to wait for book releases and patches. Even now, I can't use the latest 4.1.1 patch because there's an issue with the GOG version of it. I understand, and accept, that it's the price I have to pay to keep my Steam use to minimum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Release, Book Four, Revelations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users