132 replies to this topic

#61 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 20:59

Fair enough, but how many U5 games have you played on that rig?

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#62 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 21:01

I have no clue. Probably just DFC. The rest are all AAA titles except "Life Is Strange". I'm not quite sure if that's an indie game or a AAA game with an indie feel, but either way it uses Unreal, not Unity.

I think we're both right that it's an issue with U5. The question is: Is it a bug or is it doing something that's too advanced for my TV? Methinks probably the latter, since no one else has mentioned running into this issue.

#63 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 21:13

One way to check, sort of, would be to connect the computer to a proper monitor, since they have better specs than TVs in almost every regard.

#64 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 22:12

I too have noticed here and there odd lighting issues.  Dark spots that seem washed out, and then bright parts that seem muted.  Had to play with the gamma settings a bit.  Settled on 44%.  Also, turning off the lens flared helped too.  My guess is that RTG are still tweaking things.  It's a new engine after all, and it might take some more time to fine-tune it.

I'm not using a TV btw.

#65 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 14:20

I've had a similar problem with the brightness and colouring. I'm using a PC monitor, rather than a TV.

• khh likes this

#66 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 07 December 2015 - 18:07

Very pleased with Book 4.

Runs like a charm and feels like true TLJ.

I wish it could have been a bit longer though :)

GJ RTG!

blasted be the balance

#67 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 07 December 2015 - 18:52

You're not a moron for buying the game through the Mac App Store! We're able to reach players there that wouldn't necessarily buy the game through Steam and GOG. Unfortunately, unlike with Steam and GOG, we have to go through a submission and approval system with Apple. We hope this will be a quick process, but it can take a week. We'll keep everyone updated, of course.

Oh God, Apple. I hate submitting apps to them for approval. 2 week turnaround time, no matter what, with helpful responses to "why was it rejected" such as "Read the guidelines". Rarely another response, just "read the guidelines". Rejections can (and sometimes are) arbitrary. Asshats. Every one of them.

</rant>

*cough* I'll shut up now

• Mr_Russ likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#68 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 20:03

Somebody really, really, really needs to start a line of hats designed to be worn on asses :D

• DiskJunky likes this

#69 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:24

Somebody really, really, really needs to start a line of hats designed to be worn on asses :D

^^THIS. :D ;)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#70 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 16:34

Oh God, Apple. I hate submitting apps to them for approval. 2 week turnaround time, no matter what, with helpful responses to "why was it rejected" such as "Read the guidelines". Rarely another response, just "read the guidelines". Rejections can (and sometimes are) arbitrary. Asshats. Every one of them.

</rant>

*cough* I'll shut up now

I might be resenting this soon...  :P

• DiskJunky likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#71 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 16:36

I might be resenting this soon...  :P

Ha, yeah :) If it's any consolation, my brother used to work for Apple for a while. I had great fun teasing him over it ;)

#72 SoundData

SoundData

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 19:37

I have played through Book 4 and I must say the storyline, characters and outcome at the end is intriguing and thought provoking. Based on the choices you made previously. The graphics and scenes are amazing in the Unity 5 platform. My favorite scene is "The Yaga".  I patiently await the arrival of Book 5. Just think of the fantastic epic movie series that could be made from this game. If you took all of the elements from the longest journey dreamfall and chapters together. It would rank with the likes of "The Lord of the Rings" and other great epic stories. Just a thought.....  I bought this game series for the story.  Cheers from Canada.

• Anouk likes this

#73 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:24

I have finally finished Relevations and I want to say thank you to the developers for an absolutely amazing book! The work and effort was worth it. I think it's the best one so far. Exploring Arcadia together with Zoë and Crow was SO MUCH FUN! Kian's part was also very interesting (the administrator's office... HOLY CRAP! That was really creepy!), but I enjoyed Zoë's journey a little bit more. Hopefully we'll get to know more about Saga and THOAW in the end. 

it's so sad that there's only one book left, because it feels like the story has just begun and I'm a little worried that there won't be enough time to bring every plot to a logic conclusion. Why does it have to end? I want 10 more books. Or 100! Are there any plans for more TLJ-games? I would definitely support a kickstarter campaign.

#74 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:58

I would definitely support a kickstarter campaign.

We all would. But the road to The Longest Journey Home is long... and probably devoid of crowd funds and Ragnar's entire wacky game dev gang. :(

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#75 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:13

I really hope DFC sells good enough to finance more TLJ-games.  :mellow:

#76 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:27

I really hope DFC sells good enough to finance more TLJ-games.  :mellow:

That's not really the issue. From everything I know, DFC has been selling alright. RTG's next project is Draugen. I'm not sure what they've got in the works after that, but it doesn't sound like it will be another game in this universe. 

It's not impossible that they'll come back to this world and make The Longest Journey Home or whatever else (Funcom willing and all of that). But they have other stories they really want to tell, too. 

You know what, I should just quote Ragnar since he just posted about this. 

It would be lovely to make that game one day. It's got a great story, it would look beautiful, and it fills in a lot of gaps left wide open in the saga. We have a few other games we want to do first, though, and it also depends on where Funcom's at in the future. Hopefully they're still around. Maybe they decide to make their own games in the TLJ universe. Could be interesting, I guess.

So. Yeah. In a few years it might be fun to start thinking about maybe making TLJH. If the stars align, etc. We'll see. But not for a while.

EDIT: That sounded incredibly depressing! The important thing is that we're wrapping up Dreamfall Chapters in style, and Book Five will answer a lot of questions and feel like a proper ending. Whatever happens next is up in the air. But I do hope you guys, all of you, decide to stick around regardless. We have so many stories to tell!

• Vainamoinen and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#77 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:39

Ohhh, new TLJH comment yesterday, I didn't even catch that.

I am still getting that "maybe FunCom want to do it" vibe from those last posts though. :P
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#78 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:43

Yeah, I understand that they also want to make other games and I definitely look forward to it. Still, the world of TLJ is so interesting! You could easily do another three games and it would never be boring.  :)  TBH, I wouldn't count on Funcom. To me it seems like they don't care that much about the series anymore. 

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#79 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 21:44

Ohhh, new TLJH comment yesterday, I didn't even catch that.

I am still getting that "maybe FunCom want to do it" vibe from those last posts though. :P

Of course you are. :P

I really think it's mostly about acknowledging that they own the IP and that with where Funcom's been at, it's kind of hard to say what kind of projects they might be doing in the future. I mean...that's always hard to predict too far into the future. Especially when one no longer works for them. 

• Vainamoinen likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#80 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 22:01

Especially when one no longer works for them.

I read that as "Especially when no one no longer works for them" *chuckle* :P
  • agirlnamedbob, Dmm and bongboy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Release, Book Four, Revelations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users