#41 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 04 December 2015 - 17:53

It should. A few people have moved from one version to another without issue. Though you may want to back them up first just to be safe. But yeah. All versions of the game use the same save system so you should be good. 

I don't know what Humble's deal is. :( I know it's frustrating to everyone waiting... They really don't have a great track record with this stuff at this point. It seems like more often than not they put stuff up in the middle of the night California time... ...and this time they didn't even do that. Not sure if there's some sort of issue or what. Fingers crossed it updates soon. 

I've a funny feeling that this might be relating to their Monthly Bundle release in the next hour or two. They might be prioritizing that instead of DFC.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#42 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 December 2015 - 18:39

Hi folks, is there any update on the Humble version?

We sent the latest builds to Humble yesterday, but we've yet to hear back from them. We just tried to check if the new versions are up, but it doesn't look like that's the case. We'll send them another email to prod/remind them, but at this point there's not too much we can do, unfortunately. If you have access to a Steam code, you might want to consider using that instead. Steam will always get the latest patches the moment they're done, because we can deploy ourselves, without going through a third party.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

#43 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 04 December 2015 - 19:01

We sent the latest builds to Humble yesterday, but we've yet to hear back from them. We just tried to check if the new versions are up, but it doesn't look like that's the case. We'll send them another email to prod/remind them, but at this point there's not too much we can do, unfortunately. If you have access to a Steam code, you might want to consider using that instead. Steam will always get the latest patches the moment they're done, because we can deploy ourselves, without going through a third party.

Thank you. With all the excitement and discussions taking place, Humble people are left out in the cold.

#44 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 22:38

Book 4 is now available on HumbleBundle for Windows, Mac and Linux.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, hwboy4 and 2 others like this

#45 Brandone

Brandone

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 22:43

Like a moron, I purchased for 30USD on MAC Store. 

No update? Any idea of when?

#46 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 22:48

My understanding with this is that they have a very different process that takes a bit longer. I remember the last update there was a bit of a delay and really nothing anyone could do about it. :( (Sorry, I know it's probably not the answer you want to hear.)  Apple's picky about what goes up on their store and all of that. So...I'm assuming RTG has sent it to them, but it could take a few days for them to approve it. 

• khh and hwboy4 like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#47 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 00:01

You're not a moron for buying the game through the Mac App Store! We're able to reach players there that wouldn't necessarily buy the game through Steam and GOG. Unfortunately, unlike with Steam and GOG, we have to go through a submission and approval system with Apple. We hope this will be a quick process, but it can take a week. We'll keep everyone updated, of course.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this

#48 hwboy4

hwboy4

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMorris Plains, NJ, USA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:02

Yeah!!!  HumbleBundle is live.  Seeding on all platforms.

Can't wait to play book 4 and see the "new" books 1-3.

Thanks RTG!

• Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

#49 Tweety1977

Tweety1977

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:01

Just would like to let you know that switch to Steam was quite easy (except of horrible download time due to my very slow Internet connection :huh: ...). I just had to replay the end of book three (the short scene on the wall). Now I´m looking forward to playing book 4 this evening.

• Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

#50 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:41

It should. A few people have moved from one version to another without issue. Though you may want to back them up first just to be safe. But yeah. All versions of the game use the same save system so you should be good. 

I don't know what Humble's deal is. :( I know it's frustrating to everyone waiting... They really don't have a great track record with this stuff at this point. It seems like more often than not they put stuff up in the middle of the night California time... ...and this time they didn't even do that. Not sure if there's some sort of issue or what. Fingers crossed it updates soon. 

Right now I'm downloading from Humble, a bit later than Steam and GoG.

Previously GoG has been slower to put online than Humble.

So it's kind of a gamble who will put online first.

The only way to be sure to get the game asap as it is out, is Steam, but then you need to put up with their whole scene of downloading and managing.

Personally I use Steam only when I do not have a choice.

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#51 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:12

Just finished the part with Abnaxus's abode and Brian Westhouse. The graphics and engine feel much improved for this book, and everything feels sharper. Awesome job team RTG!

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#52 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:01

Biggest improvement I've noticed is with the materials.  They look so much more real!  Even Zoe's skin looks somehow more like skin. 

Everyone's praising the lighting changes, but that's what jumped out to me.

And so far everything is running smoothly.

#53 Tweety1977

Tweety1977

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:31

I finished book 4 now and am really impressed (especially the Yaga part was extremly strong). Everything ran smoothly and I like the development of the story very much.

Please keep up the good work RTG.

#54 Thalon

Thalon

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 14:12

Don't know if it's only my feeling, but don't you think that Magnus' skin is too "glossy"? He seems like it's covered in sweat like an athlete after a Marathon...

• the red of the kin likes this

#55 Tweety1977

Tweety1977

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 15:09

Don't know if it's only my feeling, but don't you think that Magnus' skin is too "glossy"? He seems like it's covered in sweat like an athlete after a Marathon...

That´s what I thought, too. Especially his forehead looked really strange. He looked like he had a fever or someting....

#56 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 16:33

Just would like to let you know that switch to Steam was quite easy (except of horrible download time due to my very slow Internet connection :huh: ...). I just had to replay the end of book three (the short scene on the wall). Now I´m looking forward to playing book 4 this evening.

Me too. I started out on the dock, then had to redo the scene with the magicals being sent up to the cloud ship, defeat the guard, up to the parapet, defeat the 2nd guard, onto the loading platform, help Likho up.......

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#57 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 16:34

Biggest improvement I've noticed is with the materials.  They look so much more real!  Even Zoe's skin looks somehow more like skin. 

Everyone's praising the lighting changes, but that's what jumped out to me.

And so far everything is running smoothly.

Totally. The floor boards in Abnaxus' house are very realistic for example. I also noticed how crisp and clear Zoe's outfit looks.

#58 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 20:52

Everything looks much better, except that the brightness is completely messed up. in certain parts, I have to crank up the gamma in the game and the brightness on my TV all the way, and in other parts I have to crank them way down. In Marcuria at night, puddles look like oil slicks and when I enter the Mole's abode, I see all kinds of random colors with a white backdrop until the stairwell comes into focus. Everything else looks better, but it's exceptionally obnoxious to constantly have to adjust the gamma and brightness. I didn't have this problem at all with U4, so I assume it's a massive bug with U5, and therefore not the fault of RTG, but it's still exceptionally obnoxious. I've also never had this problem with any other game.

#59 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 20:53

Perhaps U5 incorporates more dynamic range than your TV can handle.....

#60 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 20:58

Perhaps U5 incorporates more dynamic range than your TV can handle.....

That's entirely possible. I have an eight-year-old 720p Dynex HDTV. I know it's well past time for an upgrade, but I'm on a fixed income. I just think it's odd that I've never had this problem with any other game. I have a GTX 970 w/ 4GB VRAM and the rest of my specs are better than average, so I've been playing a lot of the newer games, and I've not seen this issue with any game other than DFC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Release, Book Four, Revelations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users