#21 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 03 December 2015 - 16:23

I'm at work but working from home. I'm tempted to download now, even though I can't start playing yet.

• khh and Anouk like this

#22 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 17:46

So, on the issue of installing over the old version or deinstalling the old before installing the new build:  Thoughts?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#23 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 03 December 2015 - 18:21

Can't wait!

I use Humble Bundle site and its still not there!!!((

Is it possible to download an update from STEAM if before I only downloaded from Humble, does anyone know? ;)

#24 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 December 2015 - 18:27

Can't wait!

I use Humble Bundle site and its still not there!!!((

Is it possible to download an update from STEAM if before I only downloaded from Humble, does anyone know? ;)

Not sure what Humble's status is, but hopefully it'll be soon. Since they're on California time, they've got a bit different schedule than RTG and GOG. 

There's nothing stopping you from using the Steam Key in your Humble account, though. But you'll have to have the Steam client installed on your computer and then reinstall the whole game through Steam if you do that. Doing that shouldn't cause any issues with your saves, though.

Also, if you do that, I think you'll have to be careful to start the game through Steam or uninstall the previous Humble version. Otherwise you might boot up the wrong version and Book Four won't be there. 

So up to you, really. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#25 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 03 December 2015 - 18:35

Thank you so much for the GOG/Steam simultaneous release. It means a lot that you've put in the effort to keep everyone happy! :D

They do their best :)

So, on the issue of installing over the old version or deinstalling the old before installing the new build:  Thoughts?

Take a copy of your save games, uninstall and reinstall. Cleanest way.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#26 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 03 December 2015 - 18:56

Not sure what Humble's status is, but hopefully it'll be soon. Since they're on California time, they've got a bit different schedule than RTG and GOG. 

There's nothing stopping you from using the Steam Key in your Humble account, though. But you'll have to have the Steam client installed on your computer and then reinstall the whole game through Steam if you do that. Doing that shouldn't cause any issues with your saves, though.

Also, if you do that, I think you'll have to be careful to start the game through Steam or uninstall the previous Humble version. Otherwise you might boot up the wrong version and Book Four won't be there. 

So up to you, really. 

Oh my God, the complexity stops me! I dont play any other games so words like "reinstall the whole game through Steam" or "start the game through Steam" scare me))))

Thanks for the advice though!!! I really hope its uploaded soon!

#27 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2015 - 19:20

Downloading now! This is right after first purchase, so I don't really know anything about the story (I've only seen the first 20 or so minutes in the form of an LP). Super excited.

#28 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 December 2015 - 19:23

Watched the 1st few minutes of Book 4 on my laptop with sound off while working.  Can't do more until after work. :angry:

• ct2651 likes this

#29 Adam Jensen

Adam Jensen

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2015 - 19:31

Watched the 1st few minutes of Book 4 on my laptop with sound off while instead of working.  Can't do more until after work. :angry:

Fixed that. Not that I disapprove, mind you. It's a heavy risk... but the prize... :D

• ct2651 and WhiteKin like this

#30 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 19:49

Yay! :)

(I had planned not to play until next year, because I have a LOT of work to do. But it can't hurt to have a quick look at it, can it?)

• khh and ct2651 like this

#31 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 19:52

Downloading now! This is right after first purchase, so I don't really know anything about the story (I've only seen the first 20 or so minutes in the form of an LP). Super excited.

I envy you, you've a lot to look forward to :) Enjoy!

• Adam Jensen likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#32 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 03 December 2015 - 20:37

Tucked in bed, cat over the sheets, superlative beer, book 4.
These are the good things in life!
  • ct2651 and Adam Jensen like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#33 The-Hige

The-Hige

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 23:03

Oh man. That's good news, but I'll wait for the other subtitles. Thanks for the hard work.

186891e7sign.gif

#34 VerticalBlank

VerticalBlank

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:55

Well it's now 01:51 GMT and Humble still haven't got their act together. I initially went with Humble b/c Gog has a terrible record with patches, and Galaxy has proved even worse, and I would rather not have Steam involved.

Guess I'll wait another day then.

#35 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 15:58

Well it's now 01:51 GMT and Humble still haven't got their act together. I initially went with Humble b/c Gog has a terrible record with patches, and Galaxy has proved even worse, and I would rather not have Steam involved.

Guess I'll wait another day then.

Indeed! It's surprising that HB had dropped the ball on this. I can't imagine that RTG missed sending them an update when they had GOG ready. Frustrating for everyone.

#36 Tweety1977

Tweety1977

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 16:56

Hi folks, is there any update on the Humble version?

#37 lanebarrow

lanebarrow

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 17:15

It's a little after 8:00am in California right now.  Not expecting anything from Humble until mid-morning (PST) at the earliest.

#38 Tweety1977

Tweety1977

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 17:21

O.k. so I will redeem to Steam. I only hope that it will work with the saves....

#39 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 17:31

O.k. so I will redeem to Steam. I only hope that it will work with the saves....

It should. A few people have moved from one version to another without issue. Though you may want to back them up first just to be safe. But yeah. All versions of the game use the same save system so you should be good. 

I don't know what Humble's deal is. :( I know it's frustrating to everyone waiting... They really don't have a great track record with this stuff at this point. It seems like more often than not they put stuff up in the middle of the night California time... ...and this time they didn't even do that. Not sure if there's some sort of issue or what. Fingers crossed it updates soon. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#40 rgochnour

rgochnour

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 17:35

the saves are in your user settings, which are independent of the game's installed path.  I have a steam install and a Humble install in two different places and each use the save files ok.  I do have the steam cloud setting turned off.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Release, Book Four, Revelations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users