• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 BK201

BK201

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:25

Huh, that's interesting. What was strange?

You zip it twice :). I unpacked storyflags into steam folder and autosaves in my documents. But I cant start new game at book 4, and in autosaves I found saves from book 1 and 2, nothing about 3 or 4.

#22 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:40

Nothing from 3? That's not right... I don't know what went wrong there.
I packaged all the files that were created on the day Steam restored the saves, and I definitely had Book 3 saves before reinstalling Windows. I don't know what the problem may be.

#23 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:43

You zip it twice :). I unpacked storyflags into steam folder and autosaves in my documents. But I cant start new game at book 4, and in autosaves I found saves from book 1 and 2, nothing about 3 or 4.

The files need to go into the %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Red Thread Games\Dreamfall Chapters\ folder (just copy that path and paste it into the addressbar in the file explorer), assuming you're playing on Windows (Vista and above).

It might be best to back up the saves you already have there first, just in case.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#24 BK201

BK201

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:58

Could someone attach another saves? In this file the last is Chapter 4: Propast. I think, storyflags not working without saves from ending of book 3 or anything from book 4.

#25 Brigitte171

Brigitte171

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 20:04

Yes I have the same problem, nothing from Book 3 saves, but thanks anyway  

#26 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 20:20

Could someone attach another saves? In this file the last is Chapter 4: Propast. I think, storyflags not working without saves from ending of book 3 or anything from book 4.

Well if the choices themselves aren't that important, you can have mine. 

Minimal, and with autosaves (only from Book 3 and earlier, shouldn't be any spoilers for Book 4)

The choices are

Spoiler

(I know there are more choices, but I don't think anyone has set up a list yet)

edit: Someone has. Bless the Wiki.

April Ryan is my friend,

#27 BK201

BK201

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 20:33

Well if the choices themselves aren't that important, you can have mine. 

Minimal, and with autosaves (only from Book 3 and earlier, shouldn't be any spoilers for Book 4)

The choices are

Spoiler

(I know there are more choices, but I don't think anyone has set up a list yet)

Decisions.data? May be problem in this file? Because in previous zip file this file does not exist.

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 20:37

Decisions.data? May be problem in this file? Because in previous zip file this file does not exist.

It just never goes smooth, does it? You should be able to load up the last autosave still, though.

edit: The zip file works well on my end, including the decisions.data file.

double-edit: Or are you talking about Indrid's files? The decisions.data file was only introduced with the Book 4 patch. His savegames wouldn't have that file yet.

April Ryan is my friend,

#29 BK201

BK201

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 20:50

I bring your saves and storyflags from Indrid Cold. It works. Thanks for helping!  :lol:

#30 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 21:01

I bring your saves and storyflags from Indrid Cold. It works. Thanks for helping!

Strange, I wouldn't have expected that. My storyflags should have been overwritten when I finished Book 1 last night.

In any case, I just clicked "load game" and looked through my files. There really don't seem to be any from Book 3. I guess I've lost them. Good thing I'm playing from the beginning anyway.

#31 Brigitte171

Brigitte171

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 23:23

thanks guys! It works now :)

#32 Iwillsurvive

Iwillsurvive

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 January 2016 - 15:00

hi There, can anyone please share their saved game after talking with BEN BANDU IN RIVERWOODS? The trouble is that in my version I get the crash after following Ben to visit the Yaga. I'd like to skip it rather than replaying book 3 or waiting for miracle. thanks.

#33 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:36

Welp, Steam cloud sync is broken again.

I've reinstalled DFC and pretty much every other games I like to have on hand (because I did my yearly computer spring cleaning) and except for those that don't support some form of cloud sync (notably Dragon Age: Origins doesn't) every other game downloaded its saves from the cloud.

But not DFC.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#34 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 June 2016 - 19:14

You have to lunch the game and exit out again to initiate sync. I reported the bug to Valve, but, you know. Or did you already try that?

April Ryan is my friend,

#35 Mione

Mione

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 19:41

Hi, my save files have strangely disappeared too. The problem I have (after copying the here shared autosaves in my AppData folder), is that when I want to load a file in the game the loading screen just freezes after a couple of seconds. I experienced this also with other save files from internet. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It would be great not to start at the beginning again  :blink:

#36 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:04

I believe there might have been a change in the game code sometimes since 2016 which made the old save files incompatible. I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that. If you can find some newer save files you might have better luck, though I'm afraid I don't know where you might find some.

April Ryan is my friend,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users