35 replies to this topic

#1 Pessimi

Pessimi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 21:18

Hi,

I didn't play Dreamfall Chapters for a long time, actually I just played threw it in July when ep 3 was released. Few months ago I also bought a new computer and today I realised that I lost all my savegames. I'm not into the idea of spending like 10 hours to play game again (at least not now - I'm just working all day long, I only want to play ep4 when it'll come the day after tommorow) so I'd like to ask you kindly, is there a chance that some of you could share his/hers save files with me?

Here, or on private message. I'm not so sure how this forum and it's rules works.

At the end, I'd like to say my English isn't very well. I'm sorry for all my mistakes. If I did/wrote something wrong, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

76561198169499142.png

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 21:24

Hey Pessimi! Welcome to the forums. :)

I think your English is fine, so no worries there. Sorry about the lost saves. 

Just as a quick check, is there any chance you're playing the game on Steam? If so, your saves may have been backed up with Steam's cloud save service. So if you're playing on Steam, you can try launching the game and closing it once or twice to see if any data syncs. It doesn't check to see if you're missing data until after the game's been opened and closed, I believe. 

If you're not on Steam or that doesn't work, then let us know. I'm sure one of us can get you a zip file of some saves. Though your choices won't be recorded. So if you have any major decisions that you're really attached to, maybe let us know so someone with similar choices can send you their files? 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 December 2015 - 21:30

Just as a quick check, is there any chance you're playing the game on Steam? If so, your saves may have been backed up with Steam's cloud save service. So if you're playing on Steam, you can try launching the game and closing it one or twice to see if any data syncs. It doesn't check to see if you're missing data until after the game's been opened and closed, I believe. 

Sometimes Steam won't sync until you've actually played enough of the game for it to create an autosave (don't ask us why). Could be worth to keep in mind.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 21:33

Sometimes Steam won't sync until you've actually played enough of the game for it to create an autosave (don't ask us why). Could be worth to keep in mind.

Good to know. When I moved to my new computer, it automatically did it, but I do vaguely remember this coming up before... 

So yeah. If you're on Steam and it doesn't restore your saves after opening and closing the game, you could try playing just long enough for the "Saving" logo in the bottom corner to show up, then close. And see if that works. 

Otherwise what I said above. :) 

• khh likes this

#5 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 01 December 2015 - 21:38

I still got my saves on the dropbox as well if it's needed.

#6 Pessimi

Pessimi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 22:26

Thanks for your replies,
I do have game on Steam, though, I often played my game in offline mode cause I was living in a dorm where wasn't any internet connection. I assume that's why I have no save games left.
I do have few backup files on my google drive but they're from October, 2014... :) Book 1 ending. So they aren't helpful at all.

I played this game with casual, "popular" choices (I am planning to replay this game after Book 5 release with uncommon choices) so I think it won't be hard for me to fit in someone's gameplay.

If you could help me, I'll be very grateful :)

76561198169499142.png

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 December 2015 - 22:46

Thanks for your replies,
I do have game on Steam, though, I often played my game in offline mode cause I was living in a dorm where wasn't any internet connection. I assume that's why I have no save games left.

Steam should have synced all saves whenever you launched the game while in online mode, so if you did that only once in Book 3 you'd have all or most of your saves. I'd say it's probably worth having a look.

Otherwise you could post your major decisions that you care about, and we'll see who of us are the closest.

April Ryan is my friend,

#8 Pessimi

Pessimi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:00

Well, I restarted my game few times today and yesterday and nothing appeared yet.

My choices were like this:

Zoe is working for Mira in Pandemonium.
I killed Arn Stont
Warden Murron is alive
Spared The Captain's life.
Zoe wants to remember.
Reza's got his soup for lunch. Very important.
Flirted with dr Zelenka
Spared Na'ane life
Gave Sully the data, quit the campaingn
Warned Quennie
Kissed Anna
Spared Azadi captain

didn't leave Likho behind

Of course I don't remember every single detail, anyway I think that's enough

76561198169499142.png

#9 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 02 December 2015 - 14:47

My decisions were pretty similar, only Zoe went back to school and is working in the lab and I killed the Azadi captain. So maybe someone else will have a closer save.

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

#10 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 15:09

Well, I restarted my game few times today and yesterday and nothing appeared yet.

My choices were like this:

Zoe is working for Mira in Pandemonium.
I killed Arn Stont
Warden Murron is alive
Spared The Captain's life.
Zoe wants to remember.
Reza's got his soup for lunch. Very important.
Flirted with dr Zelenka
Spared Na'ane life
Gave Sully the data, quit the campaingn
Warned Quennie
Kissed Anna
Spared Azadi captain

didn't leave Likho behind

Of course I don't remember every single detail, anyway I think that's enough

That sounds like mine, except that:

• I didn't flirt with Zelenka
  • I didn't kiss Anna
  • I left Likho behind

The last one should be easily fixed, since it's just at the end, if you'd be OK with playing that last bit again. I don't know how much the others matter to you.

I don't have access to my files right now and I think I won't be home till late today. Still, if no one else comes by before then I could send it.

#11 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 December 2015 - 19:17

I have a save that's similar-ish. I didn't flirt with Zelenka or kiss Anna. I can try to zip that bad boy together tonight if you want. 

Otherwise, consider this a bump in case someone who already has their saves bundled up wants to drop them in here. Plz & thnx. 

#12 Pessimi

Pessimi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 16:21

Both of your saves seem pretty similiar to mine. I'd be very pleased if you will upload them for me in next couple hours - I really want to play Book 4 asap. :)

76561198169499142.png

#13 BK201

BK201

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:11

That sounds like mine, except that:

• I didn't flirt with Zelenka
  • I didn't kiss Anna
  • I left Likho behind

The last one should be easily fixed, since it's just at the end, if you'd be OK with playing that last bit again. I don't know how much the others matter to you.

I don't have access to my files right now and I think I won't be home till late today. Still, if no one else comes by before then I could send it.

Hello! I will be very grateful for your saves.  :rolleyes:

#14 Brigitte171

Brigitte171

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 15:17

Hi! I have the same problem as the topic starter, don't want to replay chapter 3...
Could anyone share his savegame with me?

Many thanks!

#15 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 15:36

Both of your saves seem pretty similiar to mine. I'd be very pleased if you will upload them for me in next couple hours - I really want to play Book 4 asap. :)

Hello! I will be very grateful for your saves.  :rolleyes:

Hi! I have the same problem as the topic starter, don't want to replay chapter 3...
Could anyone share his savegame with me?

Many thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I left the forum when Book 4 was released and forgot to check here until I was reminded.

I think the attached file will do; if not, please quote this message and I'll get notified.

Unfortunately, the files were restored by Steam after I reinstalled Windows, so there's no way to tell which one is the latest. Also, I've replayed the game several times, so there's a lot of them.

However, none of them are Book 4, so it should be safe to load them and try. Also, there should be only one set of saves for Book 3 (I've only played through it once so far) so if you load one and it's Book 3, it will be the choices I described above.

Attached Files

• khh likes this

#16 Brigitte171

Brigitte171

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 16:53

Sorry for the delay, I left the forum when Book 4 was released and forgot to check here until I was reminded.

I think the attached file will do; if not, please quote this message and I'll get notified.

Unfortunately, the files were restored by Steam after I reinstalled Windows, so there's no way to tell which one is the latest. Also, I've replayed the game several times, so there's a lot of them.

However, none of them are Book 4, so it should be safe to load them and try. Also, there should be only one set of saves for Book 3 (I've only played through it once so far) so if you load one and it's Book 3, it will be the choices I described above.

Thanks! I download the file and tried to install it, but I dont know how to make it work. Shouldn't it be a storyflag.data file? 

#17 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 17:07

Thanks! I download the file and tried to install it, but I dont know how to make it work. Shouldn't it be a storyflag.data file?

It's a zip file which contains the story flag file, although that will be useless to you as it currently has Book 2 data.
But the zip also contains save files, and if you find the one that's the last of Book 3 and play to the end, a new story flag file will be generated. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

#18 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 18:47

There should be a storyflags.data file and an autosave directory. I also noticed that the zip file appeared a little strange, though. I repackaged it using 7zip, perhaps that is easier to open?

Attached Files

April Ryan is my friend,

#19 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 18:58

I also noticed that the zip file appeared a little strange, though. I repackaged it using 7zip, perhaps that is easier to open?

Huh, that's interesting. What was strange?

#20 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 December 2015 - 19:21

After a bit of checking it appears that you created a *.tar.zip file, rather than a true zipfile.

April Ryan is my friend,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users