Photo

game crashed in propast after completing the kidbot job.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boota

boota

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 30 November 2015 - 19:32

Hi

i just experienced a crash as i had completed the kidbot job. attached are the crashlogs

Attached Files

#2 boota

boota

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 30 November 2015 - 19:48

the issue didn't occur after restarting the game. so it's probably not a big problem

#3 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3527 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 01 December 2015 - 14:43

Another one of those access violation errors. I don't have the solution, but I do wonder whether this is related to the game, the engine, the graphics handling or the OS itself... Something is causing the OS to respond negatively to memory access attempts.

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7061 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 December 2015 - 15:07

Thank you for reporting it :)

Another one of those access violation errors. I don't have the solution, but I do wonder whether this is related to the game, the engine, the graphics handling or the OS itself... Something is causing the OS to respond negatively to memory access attempts.

I'm guessing it's probably a unity bug, since you don't do low-level memory stuff when you're using the engine. If it is, then RTG probably sends the bugreports on to Unity.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#5 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 December 2015 - 15:41

I'm guessing it's probably a unity bug, since you don't do low-level memory stuff when you're using the engine. If it is, then RTG probably sends the bugreports on to Unity.

Well.. To report an issue to Unity, one has to file it with a reproduction case. As this is a random crash, due to an access violation - meaning there won't be a reliable way to reproduce it - they'll probably look the other way.

It seems to be mostly happening during scene loads from what I've seen so far.

If you come across a crash that you can reliably reproduce, it's probably something we can do to correct it.

With these access violation errors there's generally not much to look into to get a sense of what's actually happening. Random crashes like these can happen in many applications for many different reasons. Generally a read/write operation to a section of memory/filesystem where either the allocated data or file specified cannot be found or written to/read from will cause such an error - among a multitude of other reasons like driver errors etc. :)

• khh, Mixthos and ct2651 like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#6 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2015 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 20:11

Well.. To report an issue to Unity, one has to file it with a reproduction case. As this is a random crash, due to an access violation - meaning there won't be a reliable way to reproduce it - they'll probably look the other way.

It seems to be mostly happening during scene loads from what I've seen so far.

If you come across a crash that you can reliably reproduce, it's probably something we can do to correct it.

With these access violation errors there's generally not much to look into to get a sense of what's actually happening. Random crashes like these can happen in many applications for many different reasons. Generally a read/write operation to a section of memory/filesystem where either the allocated data or file specified cannot be found or written to/read from will cause such an error - among a multitude of other reasons like driver errors etc. :)

Has a student in programming, I must say that this is in total accordance with my experience as well, of course, your're way better than me Morten. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users