Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:02

A couple questions for the RTG gang -

- Do you know whether you'll be doing a second Journeycon this year?

- If so, will it be in Oslo?

- And will it be in November?

- If you don't know for sure yet, do you know when you'll make a decision by?

If it happens, I'd love to come, but I'm in the US, and my job requires that I stake out vacation time way in advance, so if I could start planning now, that would be fantastic.

Thanks! :D

• wandrew, Teller, WorldsReunited and 1 other like this

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:34

I really hope there will be :D

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Crow's fan

Crow's fan

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMo i Rana, Norway

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:28

Me three!

#4 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4004 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 17 May 2014 - 21:24

I'd like to know If/where/when there'll be anothe JourneyCon, mainly because i'd need to get time off work if i'm able to go.

Well unless it's in London/UK, then i'll be fine haha. :D

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#5 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 00:58

Me five!

Of course, it's probably something I can't afford, but a guy can dream, right? :)

As DFC is due to drop in November and Journeycon would make a great launch party, I'd say they're a bit leery of setting a date at this stage. Last I heard, they're on track but trying to allow for acts of God.

#6 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:21

Didn't they say something about them wanting to do another one, but they didn't really know when (or where)? Don't remember exactly when/where they said it, but I remember someone at last Rezzed asked about it so it may be there.

At least, I remember getting a bit disappointed at the answer, because I got the feeling it won't be this year. Or, I got the feeling that it was a bit like TLJH; that they really want to do it but doesn't want to make definite plans yet. I believe planning the whole thing was a huge undertaking for them (mainly for Rakel, probably) and I'm sure they'll be super busy from now and until launch, so I don't think it's strange if they wait until after launch.

What I am certain of is that RTG loved Journeycon. Meeting the fans in that kind of setting. All the fans were so passionate, nice and friendly. So if they feel they have the opportunity, I'm sure they'll repeat it.

• wandrew likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#7 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:11

Yeah, it was my recollection that the date and place of a possible next Journeycon were up in the air as of a few months ago, so that's why I asked. I wanted to get a sense of whether there was a decision, and if not, whether the timeline for making the decision would fit with my timeframe for requesting vacation time. It's totally fine if there's no news, but if there won't be news until August, then I probably shouldn't plan on coming.

#8 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 15:14

Didn't they say something about them wanting to do another one, but they didn't really know when (or where)? Don't remember exactly when/where they said it, but I remember someone at last Rezzed asked about it so it may be there.

Yeah it's from rezzed. I looked it up, it's at 3:44:50:

Question: "You have done a Journeycon in Oslo last year. Are you bring it to other countries, like the UK for instance?"
Ragnar: "We hope so, we're gonna focus on finishing Dreamfall Chapters uh, because, we have a lot of work to do, and then we're gonna hopefully bring the fans together again like we did in Oslo in November it was great fun..."
Martin: "... that will be great but now we need to finish the game first but hopefully we'll see you in the UK"

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 May 2014 - 19:42

I know they also said that if they plan another Journeycon they'll probably let the fans vote on where it'll be :)

I really hope they'll release some of the video from Journeycon1 soon. I think there are some fun footage there :D or maybe they're saving it for the "making of" documentary.
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#10 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 18 May 2014 - 21:06

I know they also said that if they plan another Journeycon they'll probably let the fans vote on where it'll be :)

Ooooooh, I know where my vote is gonna go. LONDON, BABY!!

• Jecica, Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil and 1 other like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#11 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 22:10

Sydney! We haven't had a win in a while... :)

• Tina and trentjaspar like this

#12 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 May 2014 - 13:24

Just had to add:

(starting from around 00:50)
  • Silvirish4ever likes this
The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#13 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 19 May 2014 - 17:18

Gosh, I'm torn.  First I'd love Sydney 'cause I've always wanted to go there and I have a friend there.  BUT it's way too expensive for me to go there especially as a side trip to India which I could do if it's anywhere in Europe.  I vote US but that's just because then I could go there anytime without a lot of vacation used up. :P

But please, we need to know soon as others said, I have to put my vacation request in and buy plane tickets well in advance so they're not too expensive. 

Please Please Please give us an answer soon.

• TalkingOak likes this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 May 2014 - 18:25

Yeah, I've been saving my (not very much) vacation because I kind of hoped that there would be a JourneyCon this year. And if it's still a possibility I'll continue to save money and that vacation time. But if it's totally a no-go this year, then I'd really like to know so I can make other plans with that vacation time. :P 

• Chocobo_sage, Teller and TalkingOak like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#15 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 19 May 2014 - 19:41

I was thinking somewhere further north in England... mostly so I don't have to travel far! :P Even though Scotland would be cool as I have never been there. ;)
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#16 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 22:05

LOL it's not going to be Sydney, relax. :)

#17 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 May 2014 - 22:43

If it had been, I think I'd still have tried to find a way to go. Australia and New Zealand are both on my list of countries I need to visit some day, though I plan to do so after I've started working so I'll have a bit more money.

• wandrew and Teller like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#18 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:18

A couple questions for the RTG gang -

- Do you know whether you'll be doing a second Journeycon this year?

- If so, will it be in Oslo?

- And will it be in November?

- If you don't know for sure yet, do you know when you'll make a decision by?

If it happens, I'd love to come, but I'm in the US, and my job requires that I stake out vacation time way in advance, so if I could start planning now, that would be fantastic.

Thanks! :D

We will not be doing a second JourneyCon this year, unfortunately.

We have an extremely aggressive development and release schedule this coming autumn, and the team's resources will be stretched paper thin. We are trying to avoid any and all distractions in order to focus 100% on Dreamfall Chapters. If backs are going to be broken, they will be broken over Dreamfall.

If all goes well with the game, however, we hope to be able to put together another JourneyCon some time in 2015.

Ragnar

• wandrew, Teller, Edreamer Jamil and 5 others like this

#19 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:56

Thanks for the update Ragnar. :) 2015 would be better for me to travel anyway so fingers crossed you can sort something out for next year. :)

The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#20 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:04

Ditto, thanks for the info! You won't find me complaining, the more time I have to rearrange my finances, the more chances I'll be there, wherever it may be.

Also, since time pressure is not an issue anymore, you might want to choose a more... Uh... Appealing time of the year than November? Just a thought :)

• Jecica and Chocobo_sage like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users