#1 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 23 November 2015 - 23:58

Just downloaded the new Unity upgrade and DFC is looking good! :) I'm in Book 3 where Kian is wandering around at night in Marcuria and the puddle effects look really, really good. It's stupid but it's oddly unsatisfying that they don't splash when I walk through them.

I know, I know: "of all the ^&(ing things, why that?". Honestly, no ^&*(ing idea. It's a weird psychological thing. When I walk through a puddle and it spashes, it's satisfying. LIke bubble wrap. I miss it. Dumb as shit, I know.

Add to list of "things to get round to if we feel like it" :)

Edit: while on the topic of puddles... (and this is nit-picking of the highest order so definitely tell me where to stick this...politely ;) ), the puddles are mirrored, i.e., flat. But in the game they're not on flat surfaces leaving the game looking like gravity has taken a holiday. It's small but...weird. And yes, I know this is Marcuria, land of magic. But still :)

Right, that's my nitpicking quota for the year done. I'll go crawl back under my rock now like a good little wannabe troll and be grateful for what I have :)

• Morten, khh, Mr_Russ and 1 other like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#2 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 00:13

Ikon gets a large rock and puts it in front of the opening that DiskJunky used to get back under his rock, then covers the whole mess with a ton of concrete. He then places a sign next to the site warning people to not let the troll out, under penalty of death :ph34r: :D

• DiskJunky likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#3 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 00:29

Ikon gets a large rock and puts it in front of the opening that DiskJunky used to get back under his rock, then covers the whole mess with a ton of concrete. He then places a sign next to the site warning people to not let the troll out, under penalty of death :ph34r: :D

Oi! Get off my lawn! Reprobate! ;)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#4 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:07

OMG, alert Interpol; the troll is loose, the troll is loose!!! :o :(                       ;)

• DiskJunky likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#5 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3553 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:09

Just downloaded the new Unity upgrade and DFC is looking good! :) I'm in Book 3 where Kian is wandering around at night in Marcuria and the puddle effects look really, really good.

I was going to ask if my memory was just really bad, or the puddles had changed. Apparently they did. 

(But I kinda expected the Sliph to rise out of them at any moment...)

• DiskJunky likes this

#6 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:05

I was going to ask if my memory was just really bad, or the puddles had changed. Apparently they did. 

(But I kinda expected the Sliph to rise out of them at any moment...)

Ha! Nice TG reference :) Yeah, better not step on her then ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users