• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 November 2015 - 17:42

I was refering to that post btw...That's like 10 hours later but idk... It is already 2 days ago and 4 more to go... It is ok i guess.. Like i said nothing i can do to change it 

I'm actually just a moderator on the forums, I don't work for RTG. That's why it's often all "should" and "likely" and "probably" - we try to keep up with all the official information we get from RTG and use that - and a few educated guesses - to answer questions when we can. So when I wrote that, Ragnar's reply that Ikon linked to is what I based that part of my answer on.

As for when Book 4 will be out, we don't know. I believe you're right that they did say they thought it'd be in November, but that was some time ago and we haven't gotten any confirmation on that recently. As I recall they said they'd announce Book 4 just 3 - 4 days ahead of release, so.. we'll just have to wait and see.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#42 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:25

Am I the only one feeling there should be a spoiler tag here somewhere?

Message was moved. Not relevant.

#43 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:48

Ikon - I split your post off to community help for right now. If another mod wants to move it, go for it (it's late, am tired) but I figured since you'd already bugged it and were mostly looking to see if others had the same issue or could reproduce, I figured it could go there for right now. If anyone comes up with new info or a reproduction method, we can move it to support. Though I suspect Morten will see it either place. 

Crowboy - Not sure if you were talking about Ikon's post specifically. If so, it's moved now. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#44 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:03

Yeah I was.

For someone who played "the path that may be" only, I had to force myself not to read the kidbot part to avoid spoilers.

This is an announcement thread after all...

Thanks for moving it.

#45 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 15:58

Thanks agirlnamedbob. Sorry Crowboy.

• Crowboy likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#46 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 November 2015 - 23:17

I bought Steam version of Dreamfall Chapters yesterday (because of super -50% offer) and finished the game today.

My mini-review of Unity 5 Dreamfall on my system:

PRO:

- super visuals (even with Visual Quality Low, 640x480 and all settings off),
- super lighting (besides shadow distance issue in Propast),
- new notification system,
- extra music in Rooster,
- new looking of locations,
- quickier loadings,
- no crashes,

CONS:

- no better framerate in Marcuria,
- little more "RAM-blockers" (characters stuck),
- no lighting on characters in Propast (Shadow Distance off issue),
- random stuck on main menu with no music,

Overall Unity 5 Dreamfall is fantastic and RTG did pretty good work with it :)

Now im ready for Book Four ;)
  • Crowboy likes this

#47 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:00

I've only had a chance to play U5 DFC a few moments, but one thing I have noticed, pressing A on my wireless 360 controller to start the game no longer crashes it (it always had, ever since 1.0) :)

((Possibly this might be because of something to do with my PC, that now works because new OS (W10) and 360 receiver driver, but I'm giving the credit to RTG !))
  • Tina likes this

#48 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:32

((Possibly this might be because of something to do with my PC, that now works because new OS (W10) and 360 receiver driver, but I'm giving the credit to RTG !))

That's the spirit!! :D

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#49 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:12

Marcuria was really the only time the game lagged for me to begin with, strange enough only when I was playing as Zoe though. When I was playing as Kian I had no lag. 

If there were going to be improvements in FPS I was hoping for it to be in Marcuria. 

But, oh well. I'm still excited to play. 

#50 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:13

If there were going to be improvements in FPS I was hoping for it to be in Marcuria.
But, oh well. I'm still excited to play.

You shouldnt be worried because there is always a chance that framerate in Marcuria will improve for you. My system is FAR below minimal reqs so no suprise that Unity 5 didn't fix Book Three Marcuria issues. But im so impressed with Unity 5 version and how it works for me. I just hope that patch will fix shadow distance issue in Propast.
  • yodagreen3 likes this

#51 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:16

Marcuria looks amazing in U5 though. I think the place looks... more magical and less mundane with the new lighting. The one place that I think looked better in U4 was Zoe's dream in book 2. The lighting looks off to me in that particular sequence. In one spot it is too bright and makes the character who doesn't move look kinda meh, then a little bit later in the last part of the dream it seems a bit too dark. 

#52 Moto200

Moto200

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDundee, UK / Lublin, PL

Posted 01 December 2015 - 15:01

Played the U5 version for about three hours yesterday, and overall I see improvement in the visual quality (no performance gains or quicker loads sadly, despite having 16GB of ram -- my graphics card might be the bottleneck). The game just looks better.

Does anyone notice the following, though?

There seems to be a dark frame between each shot of Book One cutscenes. I don't remember that happening so often in the U4 version. Doctor Zelenka is now a frame rate black hole and every shot involving him in that location drops my FPS by 30%. But, most importantly, my beloved red lens flares and lines in Propast have been replaced! :D Those are the three things which bothered me so far. Overall, a lot of people seem to have performance gains, and I like knowing that the game is running on an up-to-date engine and closer to what RTG wanted it to be.

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Unity 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users