• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:16

I wasn't aware DFC identifies itself in Task Manager like that. That's great.

It's a Windows function actually. Works for all processes. It's quite handy.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#22 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:35

Great to hear.

This means book 4 can be potentially ready within ~2 weeks or so

#23 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:36

Let's hope for debut december :)

#24 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:38

Right now I am downloading the 3.2.9 from beta branch. Is there any difference? Should I switch to main branch to use my savegames with book four?

Or is it OK to stay in beta for 3.2.9 because the two versions are identical?

edit:

Download finished and switched off beta and they seem to be identical. :)

Are we talking savegames that have been saved during the beta, especially early in the beta? Because Morten has specifically said that using those are not recommended and may break your playthrough. (There's even a separate thread on it.)

#25 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 24 November 2015 - 14:26

*sigh*

I can't even blame autocorrect. I'm constantly hitting X when I mean C. It's a problem. 

Whatever, I stand by it. 

It does not matter, you're taking DFC to the Max  :D

• Mr Moo likes this

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#26 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2015 - 15:23

Are we talking savegames that have been saved during the beta, especially early in the beta? Because Morten has specifically said that using those are not recommended and may break your playthrough. (There's even a separate thread on it.)

What I meant was: is it ok to download from the beta branch, because that started when steam opend  
or should I switch to main branch before downloading, and as it turned out it made no difference.

And after I started it I found that I had a lot less savegames so
there seem to be some sort of flag build in that prevents beta-savegames from being displayed,
and me from messing things up. :D

#27 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 17:53

I love and support this project all the way but when does the next book come out for mac? :D Or when will my version be out for GOG? Thanks

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 November 2015 - 18:39

I love and support this project all the way but when does the next book come out for mac? :D Or when will my version be out for GOG? Thanks

I believe there's a Unity 5 build of Books 1 - 3 for Mac either on the main branch of beta branch of Steam. It looks like there won't be a new mac build on GOG before Book 4 is released. Ragnar did say there should be a simultaneous release of Book 4 on all the stores, though, and I interpreted that to include the Mac and Linux builds - though he didn't say so explicitly. 

• yodagreen3 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#29 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 November 2015 - 20:14

They are still changing the files of Unity 5 Dreamfall so patch is close..
  • DiskJunky likes this

#30 Sorry69

Sorry69

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 14:57

So is the GOG version there? Or am i just not able to see it. For me it still says 3.0.5.0...

#31 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 14:59

If I understand the situation correctly, the U5 version won't be on GOG until Book 4 is released.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#32 Sorry69

Sorry69

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:02

Well i don't need a mac version just windows version... :/ idk i am confused...

#33 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:05

I wasn't referring to the Mac version. My understanding is that there won't be any U5 version on GOG until Book 4 is released.

#34 Sorry69

Sorry69

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:06

And where did u get that from?

If so it is really shitty... Only cause i didn't buy it on steam i get punished...

#35 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:19

If so it is really shitty... Only cause i didn't buy it on steam i get punished...

Post by Ragnar. I understand that it's disappointing, I use GOG too, but no-one is being punished. It's just that the difference between how Steam and GOG handle the files means that it makes more sense to send the whole package (Unity 5 + Book 4) to GOG all together, rather than send the update now and then Book 4 later. It is frustrating, but it's simply the way that the situation has panned out.

#36 Sorry69

Sorry69

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:32

All i read is likely and expecting.. No clear answer.. This post only talks about the mac version. Idk...

Well there is nothing i can do i guess than just wait... It should be within 4 days at least right? Cause the release of book 4 is "expected" in November..

#37 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:34

I'm a GOG user as well. I only use Steam for things I cannot do other ways. That said, I don't think I'm being punished. If I check into a hotel and don't get a free room upgrade, when someone else does, I don't think I'm being punished. After all, I got what I paid for; I just didn't get something extra for free.

Also, Ragnar's post doesn't even mention Mac.

The update that's being discussed here was posted to the Steam forum, so it only applies to Steam players. We <3 GOG, and they've been really good to us, but they do have a completely manual process that takes time and manpower on their side, and posting regular patches isn't as trivial as it is on Steam. Rather than pushing out a brand new version now, and then doing the same thing when Book Four arrives, we will most likely combine the two. GOG players aren't missing out on any new content, and while the performance (and visual) improvements can be significant, there are still plenty of issues we want to iron out — and we'd rather iron those out on Steam, where we can quickly and easily patch any problems that pop up. When we're confident about the quality and stability of this new version, we'll feel a lot better about publishing it to GOG.

EDIT: Oh, and unless something goes terribly, horribly wrong, we expect a simultaneous release on GOG and Steam (and Humble) this time around.

• yodagreen3 likes this

#38 Sorry69

Sorry69

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:42

I'm a GOG user as well. I only use Steam for things I cannot do other ways. That said, I don't think I'm being punished. If I check into a hotel and don't get a free room upgrade, when someone else does, I don't think I'm being punished. After all, I got what I paid for; I just didn't get something extra for free.

Well that doesn't happen to 1 mio people ( i guess that's not even close to the steam members).. It is more the other way around because less people use GOG ;) We have them drm free at least

#39 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:49

I'm just saying, you will get what you paid for. Just cause others get it a bit earlier doesn't change that.

#40 Sorry69

Sorry69

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:53

I believe there's a Unity 5 build of Books 1 - 3 for Mac either on the main branch of beta branch of Steam. It looks like there won't be a new mac build on GOG before Book 4 is released. Ragnar did say there should be a simultaneous release of Book 4 on all the stores, though, and I interpreted that to include the Mac and Linux builds - though he didn't say so explicitly. 

I was refering to that post btw...That's like 10 hours later but idk... It is already 2 days ago and 4 more to go... It is ok i guess.. Like i said nothing i can do to change it 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Unity 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users