#21 boota

boota

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 26 November 2015 - 14:50

But I'm not saying he's evil, he could just be wrong or misinformed. ;)

i hold this as very unlikely as he gets his information firsthand "from weaving the threads" or whatever he calls it. that would mean that something so drastic has happened to him that what he sees in the dreams not only no longer makes sense to him, it must also lie to him and brainwash him.

It can depend on your point of view.

Maybe Zoe was doing the right thing in Dreamtime (helping people) and the Vagabon sent her away on purpose.

but this speculation is sterile and he does seem like a strange but good character

Yes, that could be the case, but in that case so many other things don't make any sense at all. Like why is the vagabond welcoming to Zoë in dreamfall and asks her to help him? (remember when brian westhouse comes into dreamtime the vagabond is not very welcoming) and also, why doesn't the white dragon warn Zoë about the vagabond?

This would also not explain why the vagabond is stressing that it's important that she remembers. It would be much better for him to convince her that she has to go back and, in order to keep this place a secret she needs to forget what has happened.

aside from this there's the fact that Zoë was fighting a losing war in dreamtime. she's seen walking around trying to liberate as many as possible, but she's not able to turn the tide. to be able to accomplish change she has to attack the problem at its core. this makes much more sense than any alternative explanation i have found.

#22 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 26 November 2015 - 19:37

Yeah I was just arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't believe the Vagabond is evil at all :)

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#23 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 November 2015 - 20:36

Yeah, I kinda wish there were a way to read a brief synopsis, character list, and outstanding questions of TLJ+DF as they were written or posited prior to the initial announcement of DFC.  As I understand it, the wiki is being updated with each new book of DFC.

I've only played TLJ+DF once, a few years ago, and even after just playing it I was confused about a number of things.  I fear I'll be hopelessly lost once I finally do start playing DFC once it's complete and patched.  And I don't have time to go back and replay TLJ+DF.   And I'm sure I'd have many of the same questions.  ;)

I also don't think it's feasible for folks to be able to portray the state of TLJ/DF prior to DFC without being at least somewhat affected by DFC.

• robertc likes this

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#24 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:34

I think that now are the last days to play Dreamfall with current mysterious feeling. I feel that Dreamfall lore won't be the same after Book Four anymore and Book Four will FINALLY tie to "ALCHERA" chapter (my fav chapter from Dreamfall).

So yeah. Today I will replay Dreamfall after return from work (I made saves in boring and annoying places - Cave Of Fuckery won't be a problem :P)Three books of Chapters tomorrow. THEN BOOK FOUR :) Im so happy that i bought Steam version and i won't be forced to download 12GB of data.

• WorldsReunited and the red of the kin like this

#25 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 December 2015 - 22:31

Just finished Dreamfall. Still awesome game. I can't wait to replay it with revelations from Book Four. Dreamfall Chapters Books 1-3 tomorrow.
  • khh, robertc and the red of the kin like this

#26 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 01 December 2015 - 23:56

Im so happy that i bought Steam version and i won't be forced to download 12GB of data.

I feel the same about Humble.  It will take about an hour to download the 12GB. I will then have the game and not need an internet connection.

#27 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:18

In response to the question on how April was saved, my two cents follows:

Spoiler

• M.Gson likes this

#28 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 29 December 2015 - 19:09

In response to the question on how April was saved, my two cents follows:

Spoiler

Well, either you have turned our thinking of the TLJ saga on it's head, or you have missed the story completely - hopefully Book 5 will answer that.

If I follow what has been proposed to conclusion, then both Dreamfall and Chapters are Zoe's dream and the events have been implanted by Helena Chang. Sort of the ultimate conspiracy theory.

#29 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:36

No no.. the events taking place in Arcadia are real. It's Zoe's presence that I'm focused on; it appears as if she is being used as an inadvertent spy in 'Dreamfall', tracking down and revealing April's whereabouts.

#30 Nodachi

Nodachi

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:23

Thank you guys. There is no way I could keep up with the discussions all these years, so it was kind of a stopper for me to start posting, the fear to repeat someone's thoughts. Now I feel more easy about it.

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

"Ah, the internal monologue. True mark of the distinguished adventure gamer." -- Flo

I want to believe :crow:

#31 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 20:45

Don't worry about 'repeating someone's thoughts', Nodachi. All ideas are original regardless.. if it appears as if you're repeating someone else it just means you arrived at the same conclusion.
  • Nodachi likes this

#32 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:19

So yeah. Today I will replay Dreamfall after return from work (I made saves in boring and annoying places - Cave Of Fuckery won't be a problem :P)Three books of Chapters tomorrow. THEN BOOK FOUR :) Im so happy that i bought Steam version and i won't be forced to download 12GB of data.

Haha cave of fuckery  :D You mean that puzzle you do with April with that creature I don't remember its name chasing you meanwhile? by the way, what do you mean by being forced to download 12GB of data exactly? I guess that's in GOG, but wouldn't you have to do the same that in Steam? download everything to play? sorry for the question, but I've never tried GOG with an episodic game so I'm a bit lost in that sense.

#33 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:16

About things mentioned in this page.

I think that Brian was send to "capture/trap" Undreaming. Monks believed that he is strong enough to carry it. But it seems that Brian had a lot of troubles to fight Undreaming's influences. The plan totally failed when Undreaming consumed Klacks five years after TLJ.

Zoe somehow saved April. It can be releated to Saga's path(s).

GOG Book Four was 7GB not 12. Steam was only 2GB update to Unity 5 port. It take me one hour to download. And now there are critical issues with GOG Patch 4.1. Im so glad that i bought Steam version in November 28.
  • Ringtail likes this

#34 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 06 January 2016 - 18:47

About things mentioned in this page.

I think that Brian was send to "capture/trap" Undreaming. Monks believed that he is strong enough to carry it. But it seems that Brian had a lot of troubles to fight Undreaming's influences. The plan totally failed when Undreaming consumed Klacks five years after TLJ.

If Brian was meant to trap the Undreaming, that would help make sense of Cortez/Chavez's motive in bringing him to the Tibetan monastery.

But! But! The way that the Vagabond reacts to Brian in the prologue of DF seems to indicate that Brian's arrival in Storytime is what "unchained" the Undreaming. So "Brian as prison" still doesn't entirely fit together for me yet, until we know a little more.

But I like the way you're thinking!
  • Pawlo_86 and Yarrozu like this

#35 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:48

"careful dad, that's not Reza"...it's very weird, since there is no evidence whatsoever pointing against him...

Yes, and no.  There is his bloody shirt back in Newport (not that we know for sure it's his blood, and people bleed without dying all the time), and Peats' remarks about Reza, if they can be trusted.

#36 robertc

robertc

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2016 - 00:29

This weekend I played through the opening two books of Dreamfall Chapters again.  Having played Dreamfall TLJ gives me a totally different perspective on the first meeting with Dr Zelenka, the first time through I had no idea who this Damien guy was who got blamed for everything.

Also if you repeatedly click on the picture of Reza next to the hospital bed in storytime you get a whole load of dialogue relating to the "careful Dad" line.  I'm not sure if I didn't do that on my first play through or I just didn't remember it because I had no context for it.

• Tina, khh, Veen Friend and 1 other like this

#37 Brighter_than_the_Sun

Brighter_than_the_Sun

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:20

The deeper question is "Is the Balance a Good. Thing.?" Is it necessary? Did the introduction of the Balance cause an imbalance? Is the perceived fight between Dreaming and Undreaming not a fight, but two halves striving to once more become a whole? Are we seeing the whole picture?

Never mind, just me thinking out loud. ;)

The Balance is a creation invented to control people and influence them to think that they are not in charge of their life,like always something is beyond 

their reach and it is an outside force.This way they can subjugated to the will of the 'gods' and outside forces which is nothing more than 'the will of the controllers''( the Six for example ).

The 'Balance Shifting' motive after taking decisions in the Chapters is a pure reference that what we decide have as an effect the harmony/balance

or the destruction /chaos. Pure decision ,pure cause and effect.

Well there is more to it that i am not aware of,but i am telling you how this notion is being used. April becomes a follower of the balance thing after all. I am curious though that 'the balance shifting'' could mean a different kind of equilibrium being created after each decision. It is beyond my current awareness this one. I imagine  it as a field in constant changing of its shape according to the decisions being taken,and somehow there is to it an equilibrium that immediatley needs to be reached. Like water no matter how you move it,it has an equilibrium point to be flat and will return to that state after the stirring.

Dreaming is your realself creating its own reality around lots of INFLUENCE.

The Undreaming is the INFLUENCE that possesses those that AGREE with the idea of the power and control over others.

Those who are possessed by the undreaming become egotistical and want to trap others into their own dreams/creations which are not real

but most likely a created role. You can dream a life like this ,you can dream a Real Life also.

The Undreaming/Influence cant even touch Zoe as she is so pure and wonderful. She is Untouchable by the megalomania and control

that is being accompanied by this force,which is not really a force but an illusion as life has nothing to do with power.

The Undreaming is needed only to wake up to the bigger picture life is.To go beyond the created influenced part of ourself into what is real.Not many want to confront this side and go beyond what they think they know life is all about.

#38 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:03

I don't think we will ever find out how April was saved. But I have my own theories. Kian was an apostle, so if he had killed April, she might have been reborn as an Azadi or something like that. More importantly, how does crow fit into all this?

As for Brian, I still don't trust him, by extension of that I don't trust Cortez, and by extension of that I don't trust the monks.

At the moment Roper Klacks seems to be the most likely candidate for the prophet.

What did he do to the White Dragon? She seemed fine in Saga's prologue.

#39 ruzicka

ruzicka

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 15:57

Finished Book Five

Spoiler

#40 robertc

robertc

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2016 - 16:55

Finished Book Five

This is a thread about Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, if you want to chat about Dreamfall: Chapters you should check out the threads here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users