Photo

Lost savegames, where can I found Savegames on internet?

savegames windows pc dreamfall chapters

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 4pritek

4pritek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 13:58

I reinstall Windows 7 and I lost Dreamfall Chapters savegames.

I don't find savegames files on Internet.

What can I do, or where can I find savegames file on Internet?

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7104 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 November 2015 - 15:53

Well, Dreamfall Chapters relies heavily on the choice and consequence mechanic, so in any save games you downloaded you wouldn't expect people to have made the same choices as you.

Do you happen to play the game on Steam? If so your saves should have been saved to the Steam cloud.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 15 November 2015 - 16:16

did you play all through book 3 ?

if so, I could give you mine, and you'll have playthroughs that have all opposite choices, (i've got all achievements)

#4 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3550 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 15 November 2015 - 19:37

Also, I believe we've confirmed earlier that Steam sync doesn't happen if the folder isn't there. The folder has changed at least once, so if you've got the game on Steam, play to the first save point, and exit. Wait and see if Steam syncs your saves.
  • khh likes this

#5 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 23:58

From what I recall, for the Steam Cloud to "kick-in" and restore your savegames, you need to launch the game at least once, then exit, and then launch it again. I don't think you need to play up to a save point.

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7104 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 November 2015 - 00:02

From what I recall, for the Steam Cloud to "kick-in" and restore your savegames, you need to launch the game at least once, then exit, and then launch it again. I don't think you need to play up to a save point.

Most of the time that is true, but it turns out that sometimes (for unknown reasons) Steam is unable to create the Autosave folder and so fails to sync the saves. But if the game creates that folder then Steam is able to populate it. And the game doesn't create the folder unless it has a save it needs to stick in there.

• ShadowNate likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 4pritek

4pritek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 22:58

To toremygg: It sin't working. I made a new savegame and I quit and I waited 12 hours. It isn't working.

To CosmicD: Thx. your savegames, but my lost savegame was, where I was a little baby, I think it's earlier than your savegame in time.

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 23:04

Yeah, unfortunately sometimes the Steam Cloud save thing doesn't work. If you've opened and closed the game a few times and nothing syncs, then they probably weren't saved to the cloud. Sorry. :( 

If you're playing as Baby Saga, then you're at the very end of Book One. You're early enough in the game, that replaying up to that point wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing in the world. Then you can make sure you have the right choices. 

Otherwise, you should still be able to play with Cosmic's saves. Just hit "load" and scroll through the saves looking for one with Baby Saga, load that one, and you should be good to go. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#9 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 16 November 2015 - 23:53

I've sent you my savegames, but make sure to delete everything after chapter 2 if you don't want to be spoiled.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: savegames, windows, pc, dreamfall chapters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users