#1 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:28

So I noticed this with 3.2.0 as well, but it just happened with my first launch of 3.2.1 as well. If I have AMD Gaming Evolved running in the background, the game will open up and get through a few splash screens, but before it reaches the menu it will crash to desktop with a windows error message saying that "Dreamfall Chapters has stopped working". No problem opening the game when AMD Gaming Evolved is not running.

• khh likes this

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:40

Does it create crash logs? Look in the games «Dreamfall Chapters_Data» folder for a folder thats named with just a bunch of numbers.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:38

So I noticed this with 3.2.0 as well, but it just happened with my first launch of 3.2.1 as well. If I have AMD Gaming Evolved running in the background, the game will open up and get through a few splash screens, but before it reaches the menu it will crash to desktop with a windows error message saying that "Dreamfall Chapters has stopped working". No problem opening the game when AMD Gaming Evolved is not running.

Hmmm.. That's quite interesting! Thanks for reporting. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#4 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:04

Tried downloading and running AMD Gaming Evolved while opening the game on one of our computers with an AMD GPU, but I couldn't reproduce the crash.  :unsure:

Since the "Dreamfall Chapters has stopped working"-message showed up, it should have created some dump files and logs in a folder in the location where the game's installed files are located. If you can find them, it would be interesting to see if these may provide some answers as to why the crash occurred.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#5 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:13

That 'Gaming Evolved' app (aka Raptor) is a resource hog and has impacted my gameplay in other games, I no longer install it.  If I want that sort of tracking, I can go with XFire, which is less obtrusive.

• Morten likes this

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 November 2015 - 14:49

I believe most people install it for it's Nvidia Shadowplay-like ability to record/stream with low impact on the game performance, and not for the other stuff.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 04 November 2015 - 20:57

Tried downloading and running AMD Gaming Evolved while opening the game on one of our computers with an AMD GPU, but I couldn't reproduce the crash.  :unsure:

Since the "Dreamfall Chapters has stopped working"-message showed up, it should have created some dump files and logs in a folder in the location where the game's installed files are located. If you can find them, it would be interesting to see if these may provide some answers as to why the crash occurred.

I attached the output log, so hopefully it is 1. the right log, and 2. helpful :) I also tried disabling the in-game overlay and launching the game with Gaming Evolved still running and the game launched without error. So it seems to be a problem only with the in-game overlay aspect. I'm not sure if this is also connected to the steam in-game overlay being inaccessible to me also in the beta?

I believe most people install it for it's Nvidia Shadowplay-like ability to record/stream with low impact on the game performance, and not for the other stuff.

Exactly. I use it to notify me when there are new driver updates, and to stream to twitch without any real impact on gaming performance. 

Attached Files

• Morten likes this

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users