• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Haru78

Haru78

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:27

Please add this resolution in the in game settings. I have to currently do a registry hack and run in windowed mode to be able to use this resolution

#2 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 18:07

Wow. I've never actually seen a 21:9 computer monitor. It must be ultra wide.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#3 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 November 2015 - 19:25

Philips had a TV like that. I wanted it, but it just wasn't "tall" enough for watching anything but cinema resolutions.

Got the Moth Eye Filter one instead.

#4 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 00:00

Yeah, I would think it would need to be a pretty large monitor/TV in order to not appear to be squished vertically.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#5 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:12

It's not really that it was squished, but that so much space at the sides was unused at normal resolutions. For watching movies at the standard cinematic resolution in your living room, it would be great.

I'm not sure we can expect RTG to support this, at least not fully tested. UI wise it could be a bit tricky, and testing hours and testing equipment would be an issue. They could just throw it in there, of course, and say user beware, but I'm not sure that's a good solution, either?

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:02

I'm not sure we can expect RTG to support this, at least not fully tested. UI wise it could be a bit tricky, and testing hours and testing equipment would be an issue. They could just throw it in there, of course, and say user beware, but I'm not sure that's a good solution, either?

Yeah the problem is that they don't have a 21:9 screen to test with. I don't believe they have a 4k screen either which they probably also could have made due with. And we know for a fact that there are bugs with the UI at that aspect ratio, so they can't enable it before they've been able to address that. Morten is aware of the problem, and I do believe it's on his list of things he wants to fix, but for now it's just not possible.

• Morten likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:02

As correctly stated previously by other members, the game currently doesn't support the 21:9 aspect ratio.

I can't promise anything, but we might have to look into it at some point for the PS4 port. If we are able to/have to support it on the PS4, it will most likely also become an option for the PC/Mac/Linux versions.

As is also already mentioned, there's a lot of work involved supporting multiple very different aspect ratios, especially with regards to GUI/UI.

We actually do have a 4K monitor that we've tested with in our office, but there are a lot of things to take into account (as mentioned) and we just haven't had the time to make sure that it's fully supported yet. We will at some point, and most likely will have to address this for the PS4 port.

• khh, DiskJunky and debro like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users