3 replies to this topic

#1 The Rainbow Kin

The Rainbow Kin

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOslo

Posted 01 November 2015 - 22:17

I have issues with the bug-reposting form in itself :P Often, after one or two reports, I cannot enter text into the report form anymore. Sometimes, the last report is still in the text box but uneditable, but mostly, the "Description" text is not clickable and cannot be removed, and no new text can be entered into the box.

#2 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 22:25

i think I saw a suggestion that it's an issue where the game's focus goes off the dialog box.  I think the solution was to try clicking somewhere else and then go back to refocus it.

It's all kind of funny.  The bug reporting system is turning out to be the buggiest part of the whole beta :D

#3 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 22:28

Found it:

Thanks for all your bug reports.

Just wanted to reply and say, yes we are getting your in-game bug reports. 

And for reference; the bug report tool will grab a screenshot of your in-game view along with your systems specs, your current session's output_log file and a dump of your current StoryFlags. In addition, it records what scene you're currently in, the player's current position and what chapter you are playing.

We are aware of some of the bugs regarding the Bug Tool/Window and have already fixed some of them (coming in the next update). We currently don't have a 100% solid repro case of when it's no longer possible to get the text field to be correctly in focus. It has happened sometimes when we've tried, but not in a fashion where we can do the exact same thing multiple times to make it bug out.

It often helps to click somewhere else (outside the input field) and then inside the field again to regain focus.

Also, it would be helpful if separate bugs reported here in this forum is in its own thread/topic. If the bug you're seeing is reported as a topic here from before, go ahead and make a reply to that topic. But if it's not already reported, it's much easier for us to locate it if it's in its own thread rather than having to sift through a bunch of replies with separate bugs.

Thanks again for all your testing. It's of great help to us! :)

#4 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:25

i think I saw a suggestion that it's an issue where the game's focus goes off the dialog box.  I think the solution was to try clicking somewhere else and then go back to refocus it.

It's all kind of funny.  The bug reporting system is turning out to be the buggiest part of the whole beta :D

It's not really too surprising that the bug-reporting tool is kind of bugged as we made it the day before the beta went out on Steam. :P It will probably get a lot better with time. 

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Mr_Russ and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users