• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 linkgoron

linkgoron

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 21:51

The game crashed for me today after leaving Ada.

I tried to upload the three files, but the upload tool wouldn't let me upload the .dmp and .log files ("You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file")- so I uploaded everything in a single zip file.

I'll add more files to the thread if I encounter any more crashes.

BTW, are there no achievements when playing the beta version?

Attached Files

• Attached File  bug.zip   41.81KB   2 downloads

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2015 - 22:01

Thanks for reporting the crash :)

I tried to upload the three files, but the upload tool wouldn't let me upload the .dmp and .log files ("You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file")- so I uploaded everything in a single zip file.

I'll add more files to the thread if I encounter any more crashes.

Yeah, a zip file works well.

@Morten, if you read this, you should probably configure the forum allow .dmp and .log files.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 LoCortes

LoCortes

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSabadell, Barcelona

Posted 02 November 2015 - 23:10

Good night,
it has crashed once to me too.

I had some zip file to upload but... I do not find how to attach to this message :huh: ​How can I do that? I was going to upload it to my site but I can not access right now.

Thanks!

#4 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 02 November 2015 - 23:16

I just had a few crashes in the beta also, however I think the game is supposed to create a dated folder, but for this crash it didn't create any. I should maybe run the game in administrator mode in order to let it create these dirs ? 

Last crash I had was when I wanted to start book three, it crashed once but after starting it again it just ran normally. Kinda wish that I could find a crashlog from that event.

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 November 2015 - 23:16

I had some zip file to upload but... I do not find how to attach to this message :huh: ​How can I do that? I was going to upload it to my site but I can not access right now.

If you hit "More Reply Options" (bottom right corner) on reply box at the bottom of the page, you'll be taken to the full post editor. On that page, there should be a button at the bottom of the text box for adding attachments. 

Hope that helps!

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:46

BTW, are there no achievements when playing the beta version?

A Steam game's achievements are shared between both the default- and beta branches of that game. This means that achievements you've already unlocked won't pop up/re-unlock. 

However, achievements you haven't gotten previously should be unlocked like normal while playing the beta. As a side note; updating of achievements should now happen at the same time as you do the required in-game action instead of waiting until you close the game. So, if you were able to cook some nice eggs in B3 ( ;)), you shouldn't have to exit the game to see if you got it right; it should pop up and unlock right away. 

(As with everything, please do tell if this is not working as intended and we'll look into it)

Thanks for reporting the crash :)

Yeah, a zip file works well.

@Morten, if you read this, you should probably configure the forum allow .dmp and .log files.

Thanks for the heads up, khh. I'll look into it right away. :)

EDIT: Attachment file types now added.

• khh likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#7 LoCortes

LoCortes

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSabadell, Barcelona

Posted 03 November 2015 - 21:53

If you hit "More Reply Options" (bottom right corner) on reply box at the bottom of the page, you'll be taken to the full post editor. On that page, there should be a button at the bottom of the text box for adding attachments. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users