#1 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 31 October 2015 - 19:13

Two characters having a conversation, both are unfocussed.  Not seeing this anywhere else yet.

(spoilers for those not done with Book 3)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2 The Rainbow Kin

The Rainbow Kin

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOslo

Posted 01 November 2015 - 22:15

I see something of the same - with distant objects/scenery. Especially in Storytime, Marcuria and Propast outdoors, distant buildings tend to have a blurry ourline with a pink/green tinge, almost like chromatic aberrations in out-of-focus items in cheap camera lenses.

#3 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 01 November 2015 - 23:15

does that also happen when you turn field of view off ?

#4 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 November 2015 - 00:12

Ah, yes, it is indeed Depth of Field setting causing this effect.  Turn it off, they are in focus.  but only spotted it in this scene so far.

#5 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 02 November 2015 - 00:13

ah, so it's as I thought, that the values in certain scenes need to be readjusted to make it appear correctly focused again. I have it on all the time because I love the dreamy appearence of it, in propast for example it works good, but I'm not in book 3 yet. Probably the team has to work their way to the end still and then squash all our reported bugs in a next pass...

#6 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 November 2015 - 21:10

Same issue after 3.2.1 patch.  If depth of field is enabled, they are out of focus.

• khh likes this

#7 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:08

Thanks for the report. 

Seems that this scene was missed in the DoF setting update with this patch. I'll make sure to update our artists about it.

As a side note, depth of field will make distant, unfocused assets appear blurry/out of focus. That's the intended functionality and how DoF works. :)

Chromatic aberration is enabled in some scenes. We might add a setting for toggling this at a later stage if enough people don't like it.

• Dagget likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users