#1 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 29 October 2015 - 22:12

I started playing through the game again from the beginning to help out with the beta testing (I only had a few minutes to play so far) and I am reporting bugs in-game as well, but sometimes the tool wouldn't let me type anything in the description box (a bug as well?). Thus, I'm making this post to keep track of some in case they get lost. 

So far in the Storytime I noticed that in the first shot of Zoe, you can see Wonkers in the corner and the shadows on him flicker oddly. 

I took video of the issues:

http://youtu.be/HHmn2iMBJt4

https://youtu.be/lk5mGLvlMH0

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

#2 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 29 October 2015 - 22:17

I got the first one too, with the texture/shadow on wonkers. But I believe they are already accepted issues as outlined in the beta release/update post. So I ignored them as obvious/known about personally.

#3 Drеamer

Drеamer

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:00

Just curious if devs are getting ingame bugreports with screenshots, submitted a bunch of them and not sure if I should describe exact location or not

#4 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:16

they know lots of the lighting/shadow/collision stuff, it's just that the reports would be cool, cuz they might not have spotted every instance or model where it happenso. And then they can focus on that area to rebuild the lights there with the correct unity 5 entities / parameter boundaries.

• Morten likes this

#5 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:44

The game has been crashing to desktop for me every time I try to start it up now. It makes it through a few of the splash screens before the main menu, and then just stops working.

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

#6 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:05

Also, my gamepad no longer works with the game and I can't bring up the steam in-game overlay. I don't know if that is just due to it being a beta, or if there is something wrong with it.

April's dead.

#7 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:52

But I believe they are already accepted issues as outlined in the beta release/update post.

I am reporting every instance of bugs. In Morten's post, in most of the known issues with light, collisions and cutscenes they encourage us to send a report anyway. I am guessing that they already have their own list of spots in the game where those bugs occur, but do want to know if they missed any... or that different configurations (AMD vs Nvidia vs Intel or older vs newer cards) may produce bugs they haven't found on their development hardware.

So, bottom line. I report everything that looks weird (unless or until someone from the team posts something along the lines of "please stop, no more!").
  • Tina, Mr_Russ and Clairles like this

#8 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:24

There is a problem with the bug report text field.
My best guess is that reporting multiple times in one location
the text field only works once.
I had to leave it empty a few times and hope the screenshot will be enough
and RTG can sort it out.
I really hope the charachter position is part of the bug report.
But sometimes I´m not sure how much to report.
there are some boxes behind the tables near queenies boat you can walk through,
sometimes standing near a wall lets the camera move behind it.
(back wall at the hand that feeds. all over the house of all worlds.
at an house entrance right across from queenie.)
But you really have to search for those things and some of those, like saga climbing up the toy horse in the hall
or some of the boxes in propast or HOAW that have no collision detection have been there since the first version.
so I did not report all of them. Only if it happens near walls and breaks the camera too.
Things I could not get a good screenshot of:
The corners of some walls in HOAW have a blue shine like they are not connected and the outside is shining through.
Then there are some random flashes of white light that are hard to capture in all locations.
when shitbot finished welding there had been artifacts that looked like bad picture compression around his face and very strong flashes of white light,
the mobile above sagas bed produced random flashes, too

But so far ( I´m right now at the beginning of kians missions in book two) it´s far from the buggy mess I expected.
Good job RTG!

#9 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:05

There is a problem with the bug report text field.

Clicking outside of it and then in it seems to fix it for me.

#10 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:10

https://youtu.be/lk5mGLvlMH0

This second issue, I got with Zoe's lit up tattoo's on her legs, during the end of the intro cutscene, and randomly (but scarcely while navigating Zoe around). This is on AMD HD 7950 card.

#11 Clairles

Clairles

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 13:07

I know they probably know about that bug, but I've got the same problem with Wonkers, and when I wanted to report it and came to menu, game just crashed and I was unable to do anything to the moment it thrown me out to my deskop.

#12 MEDIUM

MEDIUM

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 15:10

Hello, in game I found out that the sign WATI was gone, I attach the original and the new image.
Original http://i.imgur.com/AgVOoTx.jpg
New http://i.imgur.com/gwIZOKZ.jpg

#13 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 October 2015 - 15:34

Yeah, that sign seems to be entirely gone now, not just hiding in the shadows or anything.

#14 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 October 2015 - 15:35

Thanks for all your bug reports.

Just wanted to reply and say, yes we are getting your in-game bug reports. 

And for reference; the bug report tool will grab a screenshot of your in-game view along with your systems specs, your current session's output_log file and a dump of your current StoryFlags. In addition, it records what scene you're currently in, the player's current position and what chapter you are playing.

We are aware of some of the bugs regarding the Bug Tool/Window and have already fixed some of them (coming in the next update). We currently don't have a 100% solid repro case of when it's no longer possible to get the text field to be correctly in focus. It has happened sometimes when we've tried, but not in a fashion where we can do the exact same thing multiple times to make it bug out.

It often helps to click somewhere else (outside the input field) and then inside the field again to regain focus.

Also, it would be helpful if separate bugs reported here in this forum is in its own thread/topic. If the bug you're seeing is reported as a topic here from before, go ahead and make a reply to that topic. But if it's not already reported, it's much easier for us to locate it if it's in its own thread rather than having to sift through a bunch of replies with separate bugs.

Thanks again for all your testing. It's of great help to us! :)

• Tina, khh and CosmicD like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#15 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 October 2015 - 15:42

Just as an update to my last reply:

It's of course completely okay if you want to create a "Bug Compilation"-thread from your playthrough listing all bugs you encountered. So long as there's not a lot of other people with more separate bug reports as replies in the same thread this is only of big help to us. :)

• khh likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#16 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 30 October 2015 - 17:50

Yeah, the old "Oh, by the way, I saw something else ..." method of logging new bugs can get tiresome really quickly. And yet, even the pros do it sometimes. Not naming names, but dinosaur...

• Morten likes this

#17 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:15

I was going to say, reporting every bug you run into also has the advantage that it gives an indication of how widespread a bug really is; whether everyone is running into it or only a select few.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users