Photo

Unity 5 beta now available! BUT PLAYER BEWARE!

Announcement Beta version Unity 5

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#41 uchiro

uchiro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRussia, Novosibirsk

Posted 29 October 2015 - 20:27

Hmm. That sounds like your download may have become corrupted. Maybe you should try verifying your game cache.

Right click on the game in your Steam library, right click on Dreamfall Chapters and select properties, go to the Local Files tab, and hit the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button.

The error is not in it. I checked the cache but it was all right.

#42 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 October 2015 - 21:15

OK, then is it a bug that I have 'beta - 3.2.0' available as an option in the Linux Steam client?

I'm honestly not sure.

(I don't work for Red Thread Games, I'm just a moderator on the forums here)

The error is not in it. I checked the cache but it was all right.

Huh. That's very interesting then.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#43 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 29 October 2015 - 21:24

it's maybe a certain videocard or driver ?

Maybe we have to do a survay on who are affected with that pink/black menu thingy, I've seen it elsewhere too.

So, for those who are affected with that bug, (and who did integrity check)

Which graphics card/driver do you have ?, are you using a commandline switch ?

#44 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 29 October 2015 - 21:39

I just ran though book one, and it all seems pretty solid. I only found 3 bugs, and only one of them was really an issue. I reported them with the tool for what they are worth.

DFC uses all 4 of my cpu cores now, and performance is far more consistent. 48fps-120fps depending on the scene.

I tried to ignore the known bugs like sparkling textures in the market. There are a few square shadows on the floor in Propast, but its so obvious I took it as known about.
There is no collision detection on the boxes and blue stripe deck chair by the river in the brix, but thats been an issue since the unity 4 version. So nothing new.
The wall climbing bug is fixed. nice.

I see no reason why its not 1 week away from being release ready. It might just be my beta testing skills have deserted me over the last 10 years, since I haven't done any in that long, but the whole of book one ran just fine.
I'll take a look at the rest when I get a chance.

i5 4.3ghz, 980gtx, 16gb ram, ssd, win10.
  • Edreamer Jamil, khh, CosmicD and 1 other like this

#45 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 29 October 2015 - 22:54

Haven't had a chance to try the Beta yet, probably tomorrow. The DL speed is very erratic...

#46 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:01

Not certain if I should post here or another spot, so mods feel free to move post if needed. :)

I've got a bug with the bug report... meaning I've tried to send a report and it failed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#47 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:19

It seems like a lot of people are having issues with the bug reporting tool. 

[link]

So...maybe try again later? Alternately, you can catalog bugs yourself by taking screen shots and writing down some notes + grabbing logs to post here. At least for the time being. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#48 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:23

Thanks, sounds like a decent plan. :)

And I agree with Ragnar... very good example of what irony means. *laughs*

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#49 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:25

If you are having issues getting the edit box it pops up to work (thats the problem I was having with it), click to the left side of the box a few times and for some reason it activates.
I didnt have any connection issues with it, so I can't help there.
  • popcorngal likes this

#50 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 23:26

And I agree with Ragnar... very good example of what irony means. *laughs*

LOL, not for me. I have never accepted to newer definition of 'irony'. For me, it's always been about saying something when you actually mean exactly the opposite. :)

• popcorngal likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#51 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 00:01

Yeah, no problem with the edit box, just the connection. But, good to know in case that crops up. :D

#52 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 30 October 2015 - 00:08

LOL, not for me. I have never accepted to newer definition of 'irony'. For me, it's always been about saying something when you actually mean exactly the opposite. :)

Discussion of irony always harkens me back to this ;)

(could do without the  'Moanin' Cow' remark though)

• popcorngal and Tomer like this

#53 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2015 - 00:22

I just reported a invisible hole in the wall behind the bed in the wardrobe room. I wanted to do a bug report before to make it reproducible and after zoe slipped through the wall. But after she left the scene and hovered midair outside I could not enter text in the bug report field. I sended it anyway but my guess is that the position of a charachter is recorded and if zoe has already fallen out of a scene than the text field does not work anymore. 

Please give us feedback after you recived a few reports if we can improve the way we do descriptions and screenshots. Its not always easy to make it as clear as possible. :) 

#54 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 00:35

Discussion of irony always harkens me back to this ;)

(could do without the  'Moanin' Cow' remark though)

What I find most interesting is that the classic definition of ironic and the newer one are so very different. It's hard to imagine how the classic definition morphed into the newer one. That's mostly why I don't accept the newer one; it's just too different for me.

#55 genervt

genervt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 00:47

This is a major improvement in framerate. Just testet my 18fps Propast scene in book one and now im safly beyond 30 fps, ok lighting is still not finished, but better much better.

#56 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 00:53

I'm not seeing the 90 FPS rates that CosmicD is seeing but, with FRAPS running I'm seeing 30 FPS quite regularly.

#57 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:30

I just reported a invisible hole in the wall behind the bed in the wardrobe room. I wanted to do a bug report before to make it reproducible and after zoe slipped through the wall. But after she left the scene and hovered midair outside I could not enter text in the bug report field. I sended it anyway but my guess is that the position of a character is recorded and if Zoe has already fallen out of a scene than the text field does not work anymore. 

Please give us feedback after you recived a few reports if we can improve the way we do descriptions and screenshots. Its not always easy to make it as clear as possible. :)

I reported this bug too - was able to bring up the bug report dialog box and file it - hopefully the screenshot of Zoe outside the little girl's room went with the report ok.  Was also quite fascinating to walk a great distance away (couldn't get back into the room, anyway) - there is a double sphere enclosing that room.

Dreamfall%20Chapters%202015-10-29%2018-1

• Tina and Ringtail like this

#58 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:35

I reported this bug too - was able to bring up the bug report dialog box and file it - hopefully the screenshot of Zoe outside the little girl's room went with the report ok.  Was also quite fascinating to walk a great distance away (couldn't get back into the room, anyway) - there is a double sphere enclosing that room.

Dreamfall%20Chapters%202015-10-29%2018-1

Yeah you get that double sphere in the Dreamtime where you meet the Vagabond too, if you get Zoe far enough away from where he stands.
And also there is a glitch that made Zoe float/hover above that map (collisions still seemed to work along the edges of the cliff, but Zoe was high above the ground walking on air).
I reported both, but the second one I can't reproduce easily (though my report was very near to the spot where the glitch happened so, maybe the developers have enough clues to figure out why that happens).

#59 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:02

Am I the only one not having any FPS improvement? I still have about 15 FPS both in Propast and Marcuria (Awesome mode).

I am on W7 64, i7-4770k 3.50 GHz, SSD, 16 Gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7700.

Edit: I just tried Kian at night and it is slower than before. Disabling all visual options and changing the resolution barely increases the FPS.

#60 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:22

I have significant FPS improvement in Propast (Book one). I can now put everything to high (Only lens flares disabled and motion blur) and framerate does not drop below 45-ish fps; typically is 60 or somewhere between 50 and 60. I have Vsync turned on.

Previously for me, on the same system it was 40 something at best and 20 something (maybe below on a few spots) at worst.

This is for 1920x1080 resolution on a Windows 10 x64 Professional, AMD HD 7950 (October's beta driver), Intel i7 5930k @3.5Ghz, 8 GB of RAM and installed on an SSD.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta version, Unity 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users