#1 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 20 October 2015 - 20:15

This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but it is new for me, and I have not found these questions in the threads.

Playing through the first 3 books.

During the interlude with Abnaxus and Lux the first one clearly states that Zoe is the sister of April.

For me this sounded differently than the "sister, daughter, mother" that we have heard since TLJ.

Any idea / opinion on how this connects to Saga and her parents?

Do you think that Helena was aware of this?

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#2 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 20:24

During the interlude with Abnaxus and Lux the first one clearly states that Zoe is the sister of April.

Abnaxus says Zoë is like Lux' sister.

I don't think the name April is ever mentioned.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 20 October 2015 - 20:34

Ah, interesting, not sure that it makes sense for me.

I shall have to replay the scene to understand why I misunderstood.

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#4 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:00

Since Lux is the first dreamer and Zoe is a dreamer, it would make sense that they would be connected in some way... Sisters. Whether that is biologically, or not, idk. I'm about to replay that section too, so I'll have to pay extra close attention.

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

#5 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:37

"This one is like you, like YOUR SISTER, like the ones who dream and shape reality"

He talked about Faith. Faith was Zoe's sister and she was powerfull Dreamer.

• Riaise, Indrid Cold, Thundex and 2 others like this

#6 Thundex

Thundex

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:30

Thanks Pawlo for mentioning that! I thought that is what it said but I was second guessing myself lol. 

#7 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 13:52

"This one is like you, like YOUR SISTER, like the ones who dream and shape reality"

He talked about Faith. Faith was Zoe's sister and she was powerfull Dreamer.

That's how I remember it. When I saw this thread I was all "WTF how could I have missed that?"

Well, I guess I didn't :)

What's interesting is that Both Zoe and Faith are dreamers, but there's no mention of Helena Chang.

So dreamer trait is not inherited? Would be weird that 2 sisters are dreamers out of the 3 known ones in the world (4 if you include Lux), and it's not an inherited trait.

#8 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 14:53

What's interesting is that Both Zoe and Faith are dreamers, but there's no mention of Helena Chang.

So dreamer trait is not inherited? Would be weird that 2 sisters are dreamers out of the 3 known ones in the world (4 if you include Lux), and it's not an inherited trait.

Perhaps it was engineered on both of them.

#9 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 15:14

So the ability to be a dreamer is known by stark science?

Does that mean those scientists know about Arkadia?

#10 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 15:48

Not necessarily. The ability to shape reality would be enough of a reason, if they know about it.

#11 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 October 2015 - 18:10

Perhaps it was engineered on both of them.

I suspect that Zoe was a natural child (and a natural Dreamer). Possibly Helena Chang saw some indication of this ability and later engineered Faith to study it.

• skadet and Crowboy like this

#12 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 21:06

That may make more sense to me than them both having the trait engineered into them, storytelling wise.

#13 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:30

I suspect that Zoe was a natural child (and a natural Dreamer). Possibly Helena Chang saw some indication of this ability and later engineered Faith to study it.

Very possible. It's also possible that both were engineered. Yet another possibility is that HC herself was a dreamer too, and the power is hereditary. Perhaps, having discovered it at a young age, she decided to study her power. But she couldn't very well experiment on herself, so she decided to conceive, and the rest is history...

It seems very likely that the dream conspiracy is being coordinated between Wati Corp (very high up, no doubt) and the Azadi in Marcuria. If so, then someone at Wati must know about dreamers, dreams, and Arcadia...

• Oktalist likes this

#14 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:02

Abnaxus would've told Zoe if her mother was a dreamer, I think. I mean, he knows about her sister, why not about her mother?

Regarding the other part: Usually there is 1 maybe 2 characters that know about things and the rest are just peons.

#15 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 28 October 2015 - 16:30

Very possible. It's also possible that both were engineered. Yet another possibility is that HC herself was a dreamer too, and the power is hereditary. Perhaps, having discovered it at a young age, she decided to study her power. But she couldn't very well experiment on herself, so she decided to conceive, and the rest is history...

It seems very likely that the dream conspiracy is being coordinated between Wati Corp (very high up, no doubt) and the Azadi in Marcuria. If so, then someone at Wati must know about dreamers, dreams, and Arcadia...

Yes, there must be someone who can shift, or is a dreamer who can communicate to the two worlds and organize this whole conspiracy. Or do we already know who this might be? 

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

#16 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 28 October 2015 - 22:21

Yes, there must be someone who can shift, or is a dreamer who can communicate to the two worlds and organize this whole conspiracy. Or do we already know who this might be? 

At this point, I don't see any compelling  reason to assume that one person is organizing the activities in both Worlds. That may turn out to be the case, and, it may turn out that Wati's attempts at social engineering through dreams does not extent beyond Alchera. I do believe that the activities in Marcuria are the result of some being's awareness of both worlds as well as Storytime. The role of the Dreamers must also be know to this being.

However, Wati is searching for Queenie and, by many external indications, she may be the Green of the Kin.

• Crowboy likes this

#17 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:06

Abnaxus would've told Zoe if her mother was a dreamer, I think. I mean, he knows about her sister, why not about her mother?

Regarding the other part: Usually there is 1 maybe 2 characters that know about things and the rest are just peons.

Abnaxus is not a god. He's not omniscient. He just already knows anything he's going to find out in the future.

No doubt most of the people at Wati are peons who don't know what's up. But in most large, powerful organizations, it's more than one or two at the top who largely understand what's happening.

#18 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:24

First of all, Abnaxus should not know about faith. At least from what we know, he never met her.
So if he knows about Faith whom he never met, why not know about Helena Chang? It is possible to guess that Abnaxus met Faith somewhere, but that's just pure speculation no way to prove or disprove that unfounded theory.

If you check TLJ, the two bad guys were Jacob and Gordon (Until he was rejoined)
If you check DF, the bad girl was Ms. Gilmore and Alvin Peats part time (He was bad, but had no idea what's really going on)

So you see, it's really just one or 2 people at the end that are the antagonists you have to face, I'd expect DFC to be no different.
  • Hellegennes likes this

#19 Hellegennes

Hellegennes

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationGreece, Thessaloniki

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:39

I presume that Abnaxus somehow knows about Zoe and Faith because they are dreamers. He knows something about dreamers, that's for sure. That's why he knows about Lux and how he/she needs Zoe. He never met any of them in RL, though. He only meets Zoe in her dream. He however seems to have previous knowledge of her existence. The way Abnaxus talks to Zoe reveals (or at least hints) that he knows about her and her abilities, although he never met her before her dream. Of course the Venar experience time like four dimensional beings, hence he always knew that he and Zoe would meet in a dream. But, he seems to know more about Zoe, since she says nothing about her in the dream. His knowledge of her must have come from somewhere else.

IIRC, when April asks Abnaxus if he knows Cortez, he says that he doesn't recall meeting him in the past or in the future, at least not before the Veil. So, he doesn't just happen to know anyone he hasn't actually met.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#20 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 13:30

IIRC, when April asks Abnaxus if he knows Cortez, he says that he doesn't recall meeting him in the past or in the future, at least not before the Veil. So, he doesn't just happen to know anyone he hasn't actually met.

Unless they meet after the veil, which was at around the end of TLJ's story. He may yet meet Cortez, if he hasn't already.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lux, abnaxus, mother, sister, daughter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users