6 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Kin

Dr. Kin

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 19:47

Having performance issues in large outdoor locations (Europolis/Marcuria)? Tired of running with near-to-slide-show fps? Instead of lowering video settings, try this genius hack: walk/run with camera pointing up into the sky!

Attached File  Dreamfall Chapters 2015-10-13 23-40-59-68.jpg   74KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Dreamfall Chapters 2015-10-13 23-43-23-88.jpg   67.09KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Dreamfall Chapters 2015-10-13 23-50-03-49.jpg   60.71KB   3 downloads

In this "mode" there are significantly less objects in a frame, which means less objects to render, which means less work for GPU per frame, which means less time to render a single frame, which means more friggin frames per friggin second! Balance (and clipping optimization) be praised! I tried this and observed two-fold fps increase in Marcuria and Propast. It may even work for indoor locations.

Of course, you still need to lower your eyes from time to time to not get lost (and inspect surroundings, I presume). But with some practice it may become your only way of (fast) movement. Oh, and the view is still quite nice, btw.

#2 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 13 October 2015 - 20:53

The view is a bit "gluteus to the maximus", but I'm sure it works. ;) The same kind of workaround (only looking at the floor) was the solution for people experiencing crashes in the Enclave before it was properly optimized, if I remember correctly.

• khh likes this

#3 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 20:04

Plus, you get great upshots of Zoe's butt  ;)  :rolleyes:  :wacko: 

• yodagreen3 likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#4 Z43

Z43

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 17:56

Lol.

Thought this was going to be a turning settings down guide, or maybe a voltage, FSB and ratio one.

Most Sandy+ chips shouldn't frequently dip below 30 (which is certainly very playable, as consoles do that) if o/c'd.

#5 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:37

I'm running this game like my computer was made for it... well sacrificing some graphical quality but it's running absolutely positively perfectly. 

Deleted un-necessary files 

Moved large files I wanted to an external Drive 

Visual quality low

Resolution 1280 x 800 via SwitchResXControl

Full Screen Mode unchecked

Anti Aliasing None

SSAO off

Noise/ Grain checked

Motion blur none

Gamma 64

Depth of Field Check

Shadow Distance none

Bloom unchecked

Lens Flares unchecked

V-Sync unchecked

Macbook Pro 15 inch 2009

Processor 3,06 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

MEmory 8 GB 1067 MHZ DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB

22.31 GB free of 117.99 GB ( I used to have like 2 terrabytes but I don't have that drive)

I have NO lags ( ok maybe once in a rare , very very rare while. But the game runs almost perfect, I'd say 94 percent of the time.) 

I don't know my FPS.

I'm not sure these are the best settings to make the game run smoothest but I certainly have no complaints. 

#6 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 16:33

Still, it would be nice to be able to have everything cranked up, wouldn't it?

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#7 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 17:39

Yes it would  :)  But it still looks pretty good and graphics aren't that important to me. I'm just happy to be able to play through it without any lag or delay. I'm enjoying the story now and the game play. Before I'd get lags. While the view of her ass is nice, I'd get lags in doors and out doors. This is a much smoother experience and far more enjoyable. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: performance, fps, tip, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users