Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 20:42

But Saga IS April.

It's just that April isn't Saga. :P

I know, I know -- and I know that we have a TLJ precedent for quasi-reincarnation (the White Kin), but I really don't like it. It seems way too convoluted to me, and interpreting Saga's Interludes as simple flashbacks from April's past seems much more straightforward (much in the same way that it's the simplest, most satisfying explanation to me that Lady Alvane is an older April).

Anyway, I hope I'm not coming off as defensive. I've got strong feelings on this, but will be happy to be proved wrong, if that's what happens. :)
  • agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

#162 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 20:55

Oh, no, this is of course all OK. That's why you're getting my likes all the time.
It's phatic communication to ensure each other of the mutual basis for discussion. :)

On topic:
As much as I love Groundhog Day, Groundhog Life would be a wee bit too much for my taste. :P

If April's life would be circular already, we don't get our warrior princess who both saves and destroys the Balance... no April related Lady Alvane... no The Longest Journey Home to conclude April's story arc after Chapters.

Could this be the reason that Zoe is being told to wake up?

I always interpreted this as Zoë's subconscious misfiring. It's not even clear what "waking up" really means. I don't think it means "wake up from the damn coma", because she can't. She could end up in the Storytime again when waking up, which would be kind of detrimental to her present mission.

• Ringtail likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#163 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 20:56

Yeah, I don't think you sound defensive. We've all got our theories and part of the fun of places like this is debating the merits of them. ;)

Honestly, what I find more interesting about this is our different perspectives on what the most "straightforward" solution/theory is. I feel the opposite of you. The idea of Saga being young April seems too convoluted to me, where as her being April reborn seems fairly straightforward, simple, and satisfying. :lol:

Same situation seems to come up with our varying theories on the whole Zoe-Coma-Dreaming situation.

• Vainamoinen, Ringtail, MisterMetropolis and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#164 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2015 - 21:01

Yeah but if Saga is reborn April then why she was reborn in HoAW??? I think that Zoe had part in it but still...April visited HoAW in TLJ and the place was familar to her so she had a connection to HoAW. It has a sense that she was rebirth in HoAW but why...??? What is a connection between April and HoAW? Let's left Lady Alvane mystery for a while. I think that it is more complicated than Lady Alvane = Old April.
There is still Anna with mysterious business, relation to Kian and Phoenix armor.
  • Ringtail and Kianismybae like this

#165 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2015 - 21:26

While I'm on the side of there being no direct link between April and Saga. Not necessarily because I think that's the explanation that's most likely to turn out true, but because that's what makes the most sense to me. The simplest solution.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#166 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 23:13

While I'm on the side of there being no direct link between April and Saga. Not necessarily because I think that's the explanation that's most likely to turn out true, but because that's what makes the most sense to me. The simplest solution.

Although Saga has knowledge of the events of April's life, so the stories are certainly not entirely unrelated.

#167 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 23:18

Yeah. Personally, if Saga is April Reborn...to me that does feel like a direct link. But...I know other people will disagree and we start to get into an area where personal beliefs and philosophy can color our views a lot (and they're usually deeply held). 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#168 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 November 2015 - 23:29

No matter the connection between April and Saga, I think we can agree that they are special? This isn't something that would happen to just any old soul?

#169 rgochnour

rgochnour

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 23:36

. We've all got our theories and part of the fun of places like this is debating the merits of them. ;)

Wouldn't this forum be a lot less interesting if DFC was not being released episodically (and with nice long waits between episodes)?  :P

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#170 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 November 2015 - 23:37

Although Saga has knowledge of the events of April's life, so the stories are certainly not entirely unrelated.

No, they're not unrelated. What I mean is that I don't think that April is Saga nor that Saga is April. I believe they're entirely different people. Tough they may be bloodrelatatives or have a more mystic connection. Or Saga might just be a little omniscient.

Yeah. Personally, if Saga is April Reborn...to me that does feel like a direct link. But...I know other people will disagree and we start to get into an area where personal beliefs and philosophy can color our views a lot (and they're usually deeply held). 

I would call that a direct link, yes.

No matter the connection between April and Saga, I think we can agree that they are special? This isn't something that would happen to just any old soul?

Yeah, that I think we can. 

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#171 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 10 November 2015 - 23:42

Yeah but if Saga is reborn April then why she was reborn in HoAW??? I think that Zoe had part in it but still...April visited HoAW in TLJ and the place was familar to her so she had a connection to HoAW. It has a sense that she was rebirth in HoAW but why...??? What is a connection between April and HoAW? Let's left Lady Alvane mystery for a while. I think that it is more complicated than Lady Alvane = Old April.
There is still Anna with mysterious business, relation to Kian and Phoenix armor.

Since this I really feel and think that Anna becomes Lady Alvane. We know she loves Kian more than herself so  if  she never be loved by Kian probably take his surname . She could know Raven and maybe April. And that Phoenix armor thing got me intrigued.

#172 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:24

April didn't say the house seemed familiar, only Lady Alvane. I'm thinking she recognized herself in her.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#173 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:23

Try not screaming babies 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book Four, concept art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users