#141 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 20:58

Don't want to poke too many happy holes in it, but by the beginning of Book 3, Saga is seven already.

Really? When is her age in Interlude 2 stated?
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#142 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 20:59

Really? When is her age in Interlude 2 stated?

It's a guesstimation based on her appearance. And the age of her voice actress, of course. :P

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#143 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 21:04

It's a guesstimation based on her appearance. And the age of her voice actress, of course. :P

Ah - I estimated a little younger (four, maybe five), based on her doing "schoolwork" and starting to read, but still being pretty impressionistic, re: artwork.

Also, she does need to be young enough in Interlude 2 for my "Saga = young April" theory to work - and I do think it's plausible for a four-year-old to forget a lot of her very early childhood.
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#144 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 21:24

April was adopted as a baby, before she could walk. And at 18 didn't recognise the House of All Worlds.

#145 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Saga = young April is depressing. Means April's story is over... I'd prefer another solution.
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#146 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

If she's four, she's very precocious and quite big for her age. 

Sorry. I wasn't opposed to the Saga = Young April thing originally, but...I just can't make it work now. Not without some retconning. I just can't buy that she's that young in that interlude.  (I mean...she's reading what appears to be a very thick book in the beginning of the Interlude.) 

• Vainamoinen and Dmm like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#147 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 21:49

April was adopted as a baby, before she could walk.

Maybe, maybe not. Adoptive Dad in the Guardian's Realm calls her "my baby", but it's not unusual for a parent to call a child "my baby" even if the child is older. And Adoptive Dad dropped April, and she couldn't walk for a while afterwards -- that doesn't mean she hadn't been walking prior to that.

And on not recognizing the HoAW in TLJ - April was only in the one room with Lady Alvane (whom she did think looked familiar) and only for a couple minutes. I still think it's plausible that she might not recognize a house she hadn't seen for 10-15 years.
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#148 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 22:18

Unconvinced! :)

I...I'd been drinking...and I... She was so beautiful, my little April... You were so beautiful. We wanted to give you a home, we wanted to be what your biological parents couldn't be... A family. That night, when we brought you home... I'd had a few drinks with the guys, I was feeling...feeling a little dizzy. And then your mother, she says to me, "Hold her. Hold your baby girl in your arms." And I take you, and I hold you, and you...you look up at me with such startled eyes, like...like it's the first time you see somebody like me. I fell in love with you, my little baby. You were so beautiful... And you smiled at me, and then I -- I don't know what happened, but I was taking a step forward, and I stumbled... You fell to the floor, but you didn't cry, you didn't even whimper... When the doctors told us you would never walk -- oh my baby, I couldn't stand the guilt. I...don't know why that made me into the monster that I am, why I decided that hurting you was the only way I could face my shame... When you started walking, and then getting better and better at it, it was like you were mocking me. I was such a fool, a selfish fool. And now I...I lost you. Forever.

Saga is too old for all that hold your baby stuff. If Magnus tried to pull that off, Saga would protest to put it mildly. :P

• Indrid Cold likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#149 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 22:23

Though, if you went through the first interlude like I did, Saga also hit the ground enough times that it's a wonder she can walk. >>; 

• Vainamoinen, Ringtail, Indrid Cold and 1 other like this

#150 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 22:24

No offense, but Saga is obviously not young April. There's just no way that's possible. April was adopted before Saga's age in Interlude One even, since Saga was already walking. The orphanage determined her birth date. Saga looks to be around seven in Interlude Two and has lived in that house for her entire life, so she would definitely remember it. Plus, it's heavily implied that she's April reincarnated. Otherwise it would be really strange for her to draw out her current life before the events in it happened, rather than remembering it.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#151 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 22:26

Though, if you went through the first interlude like I did, Saga also hit the ground enough times that it's a wonder she can walk. >>; 

She's evidently impervious to fire and electric shock. A few bumps won't deter her much.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#152 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 22:31

She's evidently impervious to fire and electric shock. A few bumps won't deter her much.

This is true. ;)

There's a sort of odd sense of wholeness to April's whole deal with the abusive dad and the being dropped thing...and Then Saga flinging herself out of her crib and Magnus lovingly carrying to her crib and putting her back. 

• Vainamoinen and MisterMetropolis like this

#153 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 23:06

Oh, I understand that I hold a minority opinion on this, but to me, Saga = Young April is still the most straightforward explanation. The Interlude 1 ghost calling Saga "sister-daughter." Saga's Interlude 2 drawings looking just like April's drawings on the TLJ menu screen. Saga's stars-and-moon pajamas that look very much like April's from the Guardian's Realm. I understand where you're all coming from, but I'm standing by my beliefs!

(For now.)

(Dependent on future evidence in Book Four.)

(Terms and conditions may apply. See your authorized retailer for details.)

#154 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:04

Can one star/dream/story (Lux) spark another star/dream/story (Zoë)?

A dream within a dream that becomes something seperate, a new entity?

Could this be the reason that Zoe is being told to wake up?

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#155 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 November 2015 - 15:26

... she shifts back to the HoAW, finds it abandoned, and winds up back in Stark.

Magnus is in Book 4:

Tweet:

Spoiler

Theoretically he could pop up somewhere outside of the HOAW, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

• debro likes this

#156 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 15:30

Missed that, thanks!

Hmmm....not sure what to make of Magnus being in Interlude 3. That certainly does complicate my theory.
  • Riaise likes this

#157 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2015 - 15:37

Hmmm....not sure what to make of Magnus being in Interlude 3. That certainly does complicate my theory.

Your theory is one of the possiblities which i saw for Interlude in Book One. That Saga can be small April before shift to Stark and Interludes would be April's origins. But after Interlude II from Book Three the second theory went into little troubles. Saga has April's memories (even expended) so this support Saga as reborn April theory. I really wonder about Saga's shift at the end of Book Three. Where she goes and in which timeline?

#158 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 16:20

Saga has April's memories (even expended) so this support Saga as reborn April theory.

Saga's drawings aren't necessarily memories - they could be premonitions. Young April's drawings on the TLJ menu screen (which, granted, are never shown in-game) show events that happen when April is an adult - heading north out of Marcuria, meeting the Banda, etc. (plus the bottom picture, April - or maybe Lady Alvane - in the HoAW.) It still makes the most sense to me that Saga, April, and Lady Alvane are the exact same person, wending her way through time and space.

EDIT: Trying to paste in the pic, having a hard time of it on mobile. I think this link works:

Attached Files

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#159 rgochnour

rgochnour

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 19:45

I have been leaning toward Saga is April too.

The portal opening when Saga is born could be the White stopping by to be there for her sister/daughter's birth.  We do know that she visited the HoaW at least once and could have done it before the example that we saw.   Someone is talking to Sage through the rabbit doll.

I also considered that the drawings are  not memories but, like ringtail said, premonitions.

But the information provided from TLJ about her adoption does make it sound like April was adopted at a much younger age than Saga is when she shifted in the interlude so I'm not as convinced about it as I was...

I might as well continue with where I was taking this.

So if Saga is not April reincarnated, what do we assume about April's fate?  I was thinking that April was not killed on the dock.  I don't remember but I don't think that we saw April being run through but only jabbed at and she fell/jerked back off the deck into the water.  I would assume that April does wear armor and that it provided enough protection for her to not be killed.  And we don't know that the "polyp" (or whatever it was) that April used to breath underwater in TLJ is dead/gone, so she would be able to breath after she fell in the water and make her escape.  Even if she had been run through, depending on where it happened, she still might not have been killed.

As to her funeral, if she is still alive, it must have been totally staged.  Which means someone else is on the fact that she is still alive.  Three possibilities are Na-ane and the two other characters who were with April during the second game which have been totally absent (not that they are the only ones absent) in DFC.  We saw that Saga is immune to damage from fire, so if April is Saga then April is too and setting fire to her boat would not harm her.

As to where this all leads, I'm at a dead end... 

• Vainamoinen and Pawlo_86 like this

#160 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 19:55

But Saga IS April.

It's just that April isn't Saga. :P

• toremygg, MisterMetropolis, Indrid Cold and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book Four, concept art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users