172 replies to this topic

#121 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:42

Funny thing about the screenshot, Saga's hair went from blonde to black, just like certain someone. 

It seems that grow-up Saga has black skin and black hair. She has stars-moon shirt.

#122 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:10

I am not sure if I am the only one, but I certainly don't see that change in colour on Saga's hair and skin tone. I mean, I may not have the best screen in the world, but that screenshot just looks like someone in shadow. If you look at the reflections in the small lock of hair near hear ear, it does look blonde. And her skin looks no darker than the sleeve of her shirt (which is probably pink).

Again, maybe it's just me, but that person definitely looks like a grown-up Saga to me.

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#123 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:25

I am not sure if I am the only one, but I certainly don't see that change in colour on Saga's hair and skin tone. I mean, I may not have the best screen in the world, but that screenshot just looks like someone in shadow. If you look at the reflections in the small lock of hair near hear ear, it does look blonde. And her skin looks no darker than the sleeve of her shirt (which is probably pink).

Again, maybe it's just me, but that person definitely looks like a grown-up Saga to me.

You are not the only one. She also looks to me just like someone in the shadow. Lightening up the picture in Photoshop shows a rather fair skin and her hair has a blue/green shade. For whatever reason, she reminds me of the White.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#124 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:27

Black hair...April was a blonde as child but later she had black hair. Saga was blonde as child but now she seems to have black hair. Another connection between April and Saga.

#125 Thundex

Thundex

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:30

I could be totally colour blind :P. But Saga's hair looks more grey or white then black. But again I could be wrong!

#126 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:30

You guys are sure coming up with a lot based on one screenshot with dubious lighting. ;)

• Dmm likes this

#127 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:32

I do not see how her hair qualifies as being "black".

Attached Files

• Attached File  _00.jpg   123.41KB   3 downloads

• Thundex likes this

#128 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:34

maxresdefault.jpg

• agirlnamedbob, MisterMetropolis, Thundex and 3 others like this

#129 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:38

Oh no, not the pink and green dress again...

• toremygg and Indrid Cold like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#130 Thundex

Thundex

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 13:19

Oh no, not the pink and green dress again...

As annoying (in my opinion) as it was it does fit this particular situation xD

#131 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 15:11

I think it's pretty obvious now her hair is turning green like Etta's. In the Christmas card she had that green streak.

• Clairobscur and debro like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#132 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 16:51

I do not see how her hair qualifies as being "black".

Natural green hair? Now where did I see THAT before...

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#133 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 November 2015 - 17:10

I'm not sure it's Saga at all. Never was.

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually we solved that. The dress is black and blue, but it's a bad quality picture with the contrast and balance suffering. The reason some see it as gold and white is that their brains are over-interpreting the picture (scientists have measured a statistically significant average increased activity in the visual processing centers of people who see white and golden).

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#134 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 17:17

I'm positive it's Saga for several reasons. 

I'm not going to comment on her color palette until I see her in proper lighting, though. :P (Though I do feel That Damn Dress is certainly applicable here.)

• Thundex, Bruno, debro and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#135 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 18:44

I'm pretty sure it's Saga as well, and I'm also still strongly a believer in Saga being young April. In fact, I suspect that this Interlude is taking place on "that CRAZY day" that April mentions in her diary in TLJ.

#136 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 November 2015 - 19:15

Black hair...April was a blonde as child but later she had black hair. Saga was blonde as child but now she seems to have black hair. Another connection between April and Saga.

I don't think so. April's hair looked pretty dark in dark places, but in the light it was dark red in TLG and more brown-ish in Dreamfall.

#137 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 20:05

I'm pretty sure it's Saga as well, and I'm also still strongly a believer in Saga being young April. In fact, I suspect that this Interlude is taking place on "that CRAZY day" that April mentions in her diary in TLJ.

...So you think Magnus is abusing Saga, that April changed her name moving to Newport and didn't recognise the house she grew up in when Lady Alvane opened a portal to it for her?

#138 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 20:11

Here, I optimized that picture further. Hair color is now clearly discernible!

213f42e438cbd276d8a77a30e6fc82f6_sagasne

• khh, MisterMetropolis and Bruno like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#139 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 20:51

...So you think Magnus is abusing Saga, that April changed her name moving to Newport and didn't recognise the house she grew up in when Lady Alvane opened a portal to it for her?

No - I think that at the end of Interlude 2, four-year-old Saga shifted to Stark, where she wound up in an orphanage, was adopted by the Ryan family, and renamed April. Time passes, adoptive dad is a jerk, and at some point in later childhood, on the "crazy day" at the lake, Interlude 3 happens, and she shifts back to the HoAW, finds it abandoned, and winds up back in Stark.

That's my working theory.

#140 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 20:56

No - I think that at the end of Interlude 2, four-year-old Saga shifted to Stark, where she wound up in an orphanage, was adopted by the Ryan family, and renamed April. Time passes, adoptive dad is a jerk, and at some point in later childhood, on the "crazy day" at the lake, Interlude 3 happens, and she shifts back to the HoAW, finds it abandoned, and winds up back in Stark.

That's my working theory.

Don't want to poke too many happy holes in it, but by the beginning of Book 3, Saga is seven already. That's fairly old to just forget about six years alone with her father...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book Four, concept art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users