172 replies to this topic

#61 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 October 2015 - 22:28

Who dreamed The First Dream? Was The First Dream an Earth before Divide?

#62 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 11 October 2015 - 22:33

Thinkin' about Vainamoinen's post is posible that Nox will be older and powerful but Lux is one star. What about Hannah and Zöe are other stars... If the dreamer are the dreamers... The unión of all those dreamers is the energy which move the entire existance.
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#63 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 22:36

Absolutely possible. However, Hanna and Zoë would have their own dreams, I think. Why should everything end for them and Abnaxus if they're not within Lux' dream?

/edit:

Can one star/dream/story (Lux) spark another star/dream/story (Zoë)?

A dream within a dream that becomes something seperate, a new entity?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#64 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 11 October 2015 - 22:41

Who dreamed The First Dream? Was The First Dream an Earth before Divide?

Actually I wanna know of Lux is an evolution of something of the Nox especies.

#65 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 11 October 2015 - 22:47

Absolutely possible. However, Hanna and Zoë would have their own dreams, I think. Why should everything end for them and Abnaxus if they're not within Lux' dream?

/edit:
Can one star/dream/story (Lux) spark another star/dream/story (Zoë)?
A dream within a dream that becomes something seperate, a new entity?

Well Lux can be the principal dreamer... I mean the principal dreamer who provides the other dreamers. One dreams, the others dream and shape the reality giving his dreams to Lux. I don't know if you understand what I mean.

#66 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 23:27

My take on it is this:

Nox and Lux are creatures of the Storytime.  Maybe they existed before it even (not sure if that's possible though).  Lux is one of a race of Dreamers that dreamed up all the worlds that exist.  Not just the Twin worlds, but ALL worlds.  That's how Storytime is supposed to work right?  The beginning and ending of all stories.  So Lux is the First Dreamer for Stark/Arcadia.  Zoe is a Dreamer within that dream, a sort of descendant of Lux.  Like Kianismybae said, it seems that means that she has the ability to shape the Dream somewhat.  I also think that she has the potential in Storytime (outside Lux's dream) to become a First Dreamer herself. 

I'm not sure how Nox fits into that.  Maybe they are a race of beings that have something about their nature that disrupts the dreams of Lux's people.

#67 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 11 October 2015 - 23:32

My take on it is this:

Nox and Lux are creatures of the Storytime. Maybe they existed before it even (not sure if that's possible though). Lux is one of a race of Dreamers that dreamed up all the worlds that exist. Not just the Twin worlds, but ALL worlds. That's how Storytime is supposed to work right? The beginning and ending of all stories. So Lux is the First Dreamer for Stark/Arcadia. Zoe is a Dreamer within that dream, a sort of descendant of Lux. Like Kianismybae said, it seems that means that she has the ability to shape the Dream somewhat. I also think that she has the potential in Storytime (outside Lux's dream) to become a First Dreamer herself.
I'm not sure how Nox fits into that. Maybe they are a race of beings that have something about their nature that disrupts the dreams of Lux's people.

At the point all de know is that Nox was before Lux. And Storytime Arcadia and Shark are a División of the first world. But Nox was born after the dreamers and the dream was born with Lux. Well here de are speculating... Finally Ragnar will troll us and we all die

#68 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 23:52

But according to Aboriginal myth, Storytime (or dreamtime as it's called) isn't really a part of Stark or Arcadia.  Stark/Arcadia is simply one of many stories that are a part of Storytime, same as the first world that was divided into Stark, Arcadia, and the Guardian's Realm.  Storytime exists apart from that. 

Or so I understand form the tiny bit of research I did.

#69 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 12 October 2015 - 00:00

But according to Aboriginal myth, Storytime (or dreamtime as it's called) isn't really a part of Stark or Arcadia. Stark/Arcadia is simply one of many stories that are a part of Storytime, same as the first world that was divided into Stark, Arcadia, and the Guardian's Realm. Storytime exists apart from that.

Or so I understand form the tiny bit of research I did.

Do you see the lines which were posted with the art of Lux and Nox? They said "The One became Three" The most probable thing is that it's a reference about Stark Arcadia and Storytime. And un the first outfit of Zoe has Three perfect spheres that collides in one point. I think is about the One-Three thing... Is clearly that this game is more about a trinity balance than a duality thing.

#70 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 00:12

I don't know how that works, because everything I thought we understood was that Storytime was separate, and that the story of the Twin worlds was simply a part of Storytime.  One of many stories.

I think the One to three thing is the creation of the Divide, in which we get three from one.  The original Earth divided into Stark, Arcadia, and the Guardian's Realm.

Storytime has always existed, and will always exist as the place that ALL stories originate. 

Think of Storytime as more of a library, and Arcadia/Stark as just one book in that library.  Every story ever told is a part of that library, but it a part of none.

From the TLJ Wiki:

According to what the Vagabond tells Zoë, the Storytime seems to be very much like the Aboriginal concept of the 'Dreaming'. When Zoë is in the Storytime she states that she isn't sure if she is dead or not. The Storytime appears to be a between-place or a place where things are created, rather than a world in its own right. The link to Aboriginal mythology has been confirmed by Dag and Ragnar themselves, in the twitch.tv livestream (01:01:30), where they encouraged people to research it because "it is central to the whole mythology of the TLJ universe".

• Riaise and Bruno like this

#71 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 12 October 2015 - 00:20

Nice topic people!

#72 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 12 October 2015 - 00:24

Well we have different point of view... But in some way we are more of less in the right way. We have to wait to see Who in this thread has the reason or Who is the nearest to the real story.

#73 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 12 October 2015 - 18:58

All this makes me wonder if Lux was an intruder, has bad intentions, and Nyx/Nox is actually representative of the good against evil?

Or perhaps the darkness was split into three parts, the lightest, the shadowy and the complete deep dark?

just a forum ghost

#74 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 12 October 2015 - 22:45

All this makes me wonder if Lux was an intruder, has bad intentions, and Nyx/Nox is actually representative of the good against evil?

Or perhaps the darkness was split into three parts, the lightest, the shadowy and the complete deep dark?

In some ways Lux is an intruder... It depends of the point of wiev.

And I love the idea of the three parts... but in my mind is more like  Nox is the shadow of Lux and is a good kid and there is a deep darkness who desires the TLJ Universe fall in to ashes.

#75 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 23:32

There were some hints in Dreamfall: TLJ which led me to believe that somehow "Light" isn't all the good we thought. Specially Master Garmon, who despite being an Azadi, doesn't seem to agree with the methods of The Six. And his speech makes me wonder if this "Light" is good at all. He lets Kian know that sometimes light is dark (as the quote in my signature, which I totally failed to remember right :P)

You can listen to the conversation I'm refering to in this Youtube video.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#76 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:51

There were some hints in Dreamfall: TLJ which led me to believe that somehow "Light" isn't all the good we thought. Specially Master Garmon, who despite being an Azadi, doesn't seem to agree with the methods of The Six. And his speech makes me wonder if this "Light" is good at all. He lets Kian know that sometimes light is dark (as the quote in my signature, which I totally failed to remember right :P)

You can listen to the conversation I'm refering to in this Youtube video.

There are two possiblities:

1 - Azadi Godess is really Lux (Light) but the dark and false Prophet fooled them and now they're working for Shadow.

2-  Azadi Goddess is Yaga/Nox.

• debro likes this

#77 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:04

There are two possiblities:

1 - Azadi Godess is really Lux (Light) but the dark and false Prophet fooled them and now they're working for Shadow.

2-  Azadi Goddess is Yaga/Nox.

Don't forget

3- Azadi Goddess is just a myth, like most (if not all) gods.

:)

• khh likes this

#78 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:05

Don't forget

3- Azadi Goddess is just a myth, like most (if not all) gods.

:)

I thought that in Dreamfall but it isn't case in Chapters. Azadi religion has some connection to Dreamer thing: Light, Shadow, First Mountain etc.

• khh and debro like this

#79 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 16:54

716f48194a8dc80a2f98f2fd04858898_chapter

Hmm fascinating hierarchy. I wonder though, could the Storytime be outside Lux's dream? Alternatively, do we know that it contains Stark and Arcadia as opposed to touching them?

It is true that the place "between" worlds where BW was trapped was the Storytime. But it could also be the case that the Storytime merely sits between the two worlds or sits along their contours without containing them.

Sorry, I have to appease the set theorist within me. :-)

• Vainamoinen and khh like this

#80 TheDreamfallen

TheDreamfallen

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:32

Hmm fascinating hierarchy. I wonder though, could the Storytime be outside Lux's dream? Alternatively, do we know that it contains Stark and Arcadia as opposed to touching them?

It is true that the place "between" worlds where BW was trapped was the Storytime. But it could also be the case that the Storytime merely sits between the two worlds or sits along their contours without containing them.

Sorry, I have to appease the set theorist within me. :-)

I also thought that the Storytime was outside Lux dream. I forget, was this explained already one way or another in game? 

I just finished playing Book 1 again because I need a refresh before the next book is released and noticed that the White of the Kin, who appears at the end to Saga, kind of looks like the image of Nox--you can see there is long black hair across her face in the Book 4 art. So maybe Nox is a personification of the undreaming, using the White Kin's form, after she was attacked in Dreamfall TLJ? In a way possessing her? It would make sense that if the darkness was before time, and before the Storytime that it could be the undreaming, and that it is coming back now to undo the dream (everything being a cycle and the end having to come about the same way as the beginning).

As for the one becoming three: if we are assuming it is talking about worlds, maybe Lux dream = the real world, and then the dream split that one world into the two dream worlds, Stark and Arcadia? So the three worlds are Lux' world, Stark and Arcadia.

If the One and Three are people, then I have no idea; there are so many candidates!

• Pawlo_86 likes this

April's dead.

My blog, (including reviews on DFC and other games and tech): https://gexpblog.wor.../tag/dreamfall/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book Four, concept art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users