172 replies to this topic

#21 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 September 2015 - 18:44

If you were first, why should I? :)

Because we effectively posted at the same time? Like your post showed up in the time it took me to hit "post" and then leave the page.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#22 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 18:47

Ahhhhh. Now I understand the conversation that you think we had! :P

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#23 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 September 2015 - 18:51

Now I'm confused.  :blink:

Dammit, I derailed another thread without trying.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#24 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 September 2015 - 19:02

I'm so excited that Book Four will connect to TLJ. It started with Book Three. And April's role will be explained! I wonder how Zoe's role in saga will end. Hope that she won't die.

#25 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 20:01

Maybe the "three" is Stark, Arcadia, and the Guardian's realm?

• Vainamoinen likes this

#26 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 30 September 2015 - 22:47

Maybe the "three" is Stark, Arcadia, and the Guardian's realm?

Well "the One" sounds more like an alive entity like a god or something, but there are more posibilities :)

#27 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 23:31

I'm so excited that Book Four will connect to TLJ.

Naturally, given the forest Zoë likely visits. And I do hope the people who have a lot of April stories are the Banda...

And April's role will be explained! I wonder how Zoe's role in saga will end. Hope that she won't die.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much here. :)

I wonder how Zoe's role in saga will end. Hope that she won't die.

I was rather certain that would be Zoë's fate when the whole thing started. I'm not so sure nowadays. If Lux has dreamt for thousands of years, how sorry ass would Zoë's contribution be if she only dreamed for a measly year? Maybe Zoë doesn't die, maybe Zoë indeed just gets a level up. :P

• NeilClaimer likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#28 Kianismybae

Kianismybae

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLeón, Spain

Posted 30 September 2015 - 23:59

I was  thinking about  if Nox and Lux are two dreamers (Dream - Nightmare or Undreaming) Could be Hannah and Zöe the next dreamers like them? Is a crazy theory and it has not sense but... who knows. Is exciting this search for the  identity of this kids :D

#29 Uniteatteri

Uniteatteri

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:39

There might be a better thread for this, but since here seem to be the latest speculation going on, here we go:

One thing I've been wondering is the fact that when Zoë was in the Storytime at the very beginning of the Book 1, it felt a bit like a tutorial, where the game mechanics are taught to the player.

Still, after three full books she hasn't used those powers (illuminate, slow time, read minds) even once. From the story point of view this is plausible: she doesn't remember anything from the Storytime. Still, I'm curious to see if she will once again learn to use those powers. Would be nice puzzle mechanic and fitting in Arcadia.

We'd so much like to see Zoë reading Crow's mind woulnd't we?
  • NeilClaimer likes this

#30 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:54

On Zoe - the Vagabond told her in Book One that she'd see him again at the end, so I'm guessing that we'll see her use her powers again when she gets back to the Storytime.

(And my longtime theory is that Zoe won't be taking Lux's place as the entity Dreaming the universe, but will instead be taking the place of the Vagabond as protector of Storytime.)
  • agirlnamedbob, mrKnask and Pawlo_86 like this

#31 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:30

Maybe Stark, Arcadia and other worlds are just a dream created in Storytime and dreamed by The First Dreamer? So Shifters can pass border between worlds and maybe even shift in time. Dreamers can make some change in Lux's dream.The game is titled Dreamfall so if Divide is a dream then this means that Divide will end in Dreamer Cycle. After all during Dreamfall Chapters twin worlds are close to be destroyed. The question is if original Earth was also dream or not?

#32 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 13:10

Well this is rather interesting, finally something to discuss. To me it sounds like we will be getting some more insight into the Draic Kin, since the next book is supposed to connect some threads from TLJ.

"We were there when the First Dream was dreamed and the stars were born and everything came apart''

''We were there in the darkness, in the time before time, before all this terrible brightness''

We know that the scriptures in TLJ say that the kin were born out of the darkness or the empty space between the stars, which relates to these quotes quite nicely. Even more so when you consider the scriptures discuss them as sort of ''creator'' beings, and mention the All which could be another way of saying the One.

The question is what came first, the kin or the stars. 

Or I may be completely off the mark, but that's the first thing that's popped into my head.

• Indrid Cold and NeilClaimer like this

#33 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:03

Vestrum Tobias back in TLJ says the worlds were created by "the twelve and the one", or the balance I can't quite remember. But he DID mention "the one".
Who might be the final third of the One? Zoë? We kind of take for granted the first two thirds are Lux and Nox (Nyx? Madame Nyx? :o)

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#34 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 01 October 2015 - 16:29

Zoë's outfit in Storytime makes more sense with the Three now. Maybe the HOAW is the third piece of the puzzle and Storytime the link between all three worlds (as the outfit might suggest)?

Attached File  0237850_2015-10-01_00001.jpg   245.67KB   7 downloads

Edit: And the Vagabond says: "This time, all the worlds, all of Storytime, all of time, is at stake." It would also suggest that Storytime is not one of the (three?) worlds.

#35 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 October 2015 - 18:41

[quote name="debro" post="101335" timestamp="1443711803"]Vestrum Tobias back in TLJ says the worlds were created by "the twelve and the one", or the balance I can't quite remember. But he DID mention "the one".

The One was The Kin who found Sentinel and lead Stark/Arcadia creation. In TLJ it isn't revealed which one from 4 Dragons was The One.
  • khh likes this

#36 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:03

[quote name="debro" post="101335" timestamp="1443711803"]Vestrum Tobias back in TLJ says the worlds were created by "the twelve and the one", or the balance I can't quite remember. But he DID mention "the one".

The One was The Kin who found Sentinel and lead Stark/Arcadia creation. In TLJ it isn't revealed which one from 4 Dragons was The One.

My recollection is that the "One" was the Guardian-to-be. The Twelve became the Sentinel in the twin worlds.

• khh likes this

#37 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:26

My recollection is that the "One" was the Guardian-to-be. The Twelve became the Sentinel in the twin worlds.

http://tlj.wikia.com..._of_the_Balance

Notice that Draic Kin looks like Prophet from Dreamfall. And "apocalypse/divide" Tower looks like Azadi Tower.

#38 Thundex

Thundex

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:47

The one thing I noticed about the quotes on the facebook page was the word "we" as in "We were there when the First Dream" Not I was there for the first dream. And "We were there in the darkness" not I was in the darkness. So there are more than one person they were talking about would be my guess and my question to everyone who's better with the lore than me is who are the "We" they were talking about :)

• Ringtail likes this

#39 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:40

Fascinating. So Lux and Nox (or Nyx, but Lux is Latin, not Greek) are counterparts from "before"/"outside" the observed TLJ universe.

Lux, as we've been told, dreamt the TLJU into being. Nox -- who is/gave rise to/embodies the undreaming -- therefore threatens not only the trivial entertainment dreams of Stark residents, but the *very fabric of the universe*.

What's curious is this: Nox presumably is ultimately behind the Dreamachine. But this device... Creates dreams? And harnesses them. Well, based on what Ragnar posted, it sounds like Lux and Nox both come from a universe where dreams are like magic, so perhaps the undreaming is just like nightmares -- dreams, but with negative qualia.

So it sounds like Nox's goal is to use dreams from within "The Brightness"/"The Great Dream" to somehow collapse it (=> TLJU gone, everyone presumably dies) and return Lux's/Nox's reality to a more neutral state.

Things are coming into clearer view.

Oh BTW, anyone remember that in Propast there was a bar that had a certain "Madame Nyx" as its main performer? Excellent thematic foreshadowing, that.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

#40 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:47

Oh, quick reminder, Zoë means "life" in Greek (or so).

I buy into the idea that the "Third" thing is to do with the Storytime (it can be accessed by dreams, and is where all stories -- which are seemingly all fundamentally made of dreams -- are archived, even after they've ceased to be).

So perhaps this is the thematic framing of the dreamer cycle -- life, born of the Brightness, and increasingly apart of it, will ultimately defeat the Darkness. Thanks to a little help from the forces of Timelessness. :-)
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book Four, concept art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users