Photo
- - - - -

Serious launching issues

chapters launching steam

Best Answer toffee42 , 27 September 2015 - 19:34

Okay, I've just downloaded one missing file via steam which checked the program and it should be working now. So I have to apologize for the spam.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 toffee42

toffee42

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 19:20

Hello,

I have to adress this forum for suddenly it is impossible for me to launch the game:

Whenever i attempt to launch the game via shortcut or steam there is an error report (missing executable file or something like that). I've checked the troubleshooting steam suggested (deleting "appcache" file and restarting computer, exiting or even uninstalling my programs that may interfere with steam) but none of that did help and the same report still appears.

There was no trouble with the game and I've played the whole first episode and part of the second one; then these probles have risen (and I do not recall f.e. installing some new program which might be the cause of these problems).

Is there any way for me to run the game? I am quite desperate at this point - as well as angry with the steam program itself (which I've tried to reinstall but it did not make any difference).

Thank you for the advice and please let me know if there's any additional information needed

Radim (Czech Rep.)

#2 toffee42

toffee42

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 19:34   Best Answer

Okay, I've just downloaded one missing file via steam which checked the program and it should be working now. So I have to apologize for the spam.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 September 2015 - 20:32

No problem, toffee42. Glad you got it working. I'm going to mark this issue as solved for right now, but if you run into any more issues, please let us know and we'll try to help you out!

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 September 2015 - 21:33

I'm glad you got it working.

I'll just add that if this happens again, it's probably your anti-virus wrongly identifying the dreamfall chapters executable file as "suspicious". That happens with a one or two anti-virus programs because of the Steam DRM. You can then add the executable, or the folder, to your anti-virus' exclusion path to keep it from deleting the file.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#5 toffee42

toffee42

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 22:56

Will do, thank you both for your help :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chapters, launching, steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users