• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:07

I don't know why but I didn't remember those lines of her diary until I read this thread, I just remembered the part of April saying she didn't like Charlie romantically. I can't think of any other person April could be in love with or mistakenly think so...I definitely didn't think of Cortez because of those times Emma stated to her how handsome, interesting and smart he was and April always disagreed with her so I'm really lost about who was she talking about  :huh: I think it could be that kind of admiration for her mentor thing that you mentioned though.

#22 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 04 January 2016 - 21:59

In DFC and DF we also find a confirmation that April had short romance with Dolmari (Likho as far as i got it).

#23 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 22:48

In DFC and DF we also find a confirmation that April had short romance with Dolmari (Likho as far as i got it).

There's something about it in Dreamfall?

In DFC Likho talks to Zoë and when she asks him about April, he says that he appreciated her a lot, that she was a strong woman and that he loved her, but while some people took it as a direct confession of their romance some others think it was love in a non-romantic way, probably because when Kian gets to bond with Likho instead of Enu they have a conversation where Kian talked about romantic relationships between the Azadi and Likho opens up about it as well, which some people took it as confirmation of Likho being gay, while other think otherwise or that he could be bi.

But still that thing April wrote in her diary was during TLJ and for what we know she didn't know Likho at that time... right?

#24 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:33

yes, there is a sentence April says in DF about Dolmari lover who was very passionate :) something like this!

Yes, sure, it was after TLJ times with Cortez, its just as we are discussing April's lovelife here, I thought it would be worth mentioning her second passion )

Edit: found this http://tlj.wikia.com/wiki/Dolmari

• inspector likes this

#25 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:48

yes, there is a sentence April says in DF about Dolmari lover who was very passionate :) something like this!

Yes, sure, it was after TLJ times with Cortez, its just as we are discussing April's lovelife here, I thought it would be worth mentioning her second passion )

Edit: found this http://tlj.wikia.com/wiki/Dolmari

For some reason I never ended up checking tlj wikia's page of Likho and just now I did, there was a note saying Ragnar himself afirmed Likho was April's passionate lover in DF and it confirmed that Likho told Kian he's gay (or bi in this case?) so all the doubts I had about it are gone I guess, thanks for mentioning it  :P  and thanks for the link!

• Nancy Brown and inspector like this

#26 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 00:09

Soooo, Likho is April's lover, but he's gay?

• Nancy Brown likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#27 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 00:14

Soooo, Likho is April's lover, but he's gay?

Spoiler

• Mystic likes this

#28 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 00:57

Spoiler

Spoiler

#29 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 05 January 2016 - 18:39

Pardon me, but "fierce lover" does mean a lover who is sexually attracted to his partner. :)

This means to me that if that was Likho (most likely otherwise April had real crush on Dolmari going from one to another), then at least he is Bi :)

And also i suspect, he was made to be Bi only recently - as a part of "Kian - gay" plot development, imho..

#30 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 19:10

Pardon me, but "fierce lover" does mean a lover who is sexually attracted to his partner. :)

This means to me that if that was Likho (most likely otherwise April had real crush on Dolmari going from one to another), then at least he is Bi :)

And also i suspect, he was made to be Bi only recently - as a part of "Kian - gay" plot development, imho..

Completely agree with you. 

According to TLJ wikia:

"In a post on the official Dreamfall Chapters forums, Ragnar Tornquist confirmed that Likho is the "fierce lover" with whom April Ryan had a relationship between the events of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall (mentioned in DF when commenting on a Dolmari in Marcuria)."

My first assumption was to think that Likho is bi but I'm trying to find an explanation of why then Likho told Kian he's gay and not bi, that confuses me. But come to think about it, he didn't say he's gay specifically but just that he likes boys too, right? I didn't get to play that path and I watched that scene a long ago so that could be why I'm confused  :P

Hmm... It kinda felt that way to me too tbh.

#31 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:20

Well, as British TV host Graham Norton explained in an interview, being gay isn't necessarily instant or fully known by the person who's homosexual. Graham said he, at first, tried to deny it, even to himself. He said it took years for him to come to terms with the idea that he is gay. He says it's one of the things most people don't seem to understand — the realization that a person is gay can be a slow, evolving process.

#32 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:52

As far as the original post, when I hear someone say something like "Everyone I love dies", it makes me think of a much broader spectrum of people than romantic partners.

#33 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:58

As far as the original post, when I hear someone say something like "Everyone I love dies", it makes me think of a much broader spectrum of people than romantic partners.

Agreed. I tend to think of parents, siblings, friends, etc.

#34 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 07 January 2016 - 21:33

Agreed. I tend to think of parents, siblings, friends, etc.

Ikon, not sure - is it just a general thought or you don't agree with Cortez being April's possible crush?

I want to remind the words from her diary about Charlie and potential love subject: "He's sweet and kind and... I simply have a tendency to fall for the wrong guys, for the wrong reasons. Like now. Like with... oh, no, I'm not even gonna think about THAT."

#35 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 22:48

Well, I can't speak for Ikon, but sure, it's possible.  But I think even if she did have him in mind, when she talked about losing everyone she loved, it probably referred to other people, as well, most likely friends in the Resistance.  For whatever reason, April's romantic life has always been rather vague.  To be honest, I did think Cortez a more likely romance than Kian for her (even before the gay revelation), because despite their mysterious connection. Kian and April hardly knew each other.

#36 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 00:16

What magritte said. I was agreeing with his previous post about April meaning more people than a direct romantic interest when she talks about everyone around her dying.

• Nancy Brown likes this

#37 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 08 January 2016 - 13:12

I agree! 

I just was confused how this thesis was related to "April in love with Cortez" subject, sorry!

#38 Kahvinarksu

Kahvinarksu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:18

Obviously she was thinking about Abnaxus. I mean, is thinking... she is will have was been thinking... about Abnaxus.
What would his daughters say? Abratha, Abelexe and You gotta be kidding me.

I laughed real hard to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Shifterdreamer, yodagreen3 and conundra like this

#39 conundra

conundra

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 14:37

what?? obviously she loves jacob mcallen 

#40 peachykeen

peachykeen

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, US, Stark

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:38

Or Crow.  :blink:

Oddly enough, I'd find this a little more believable than Cortez.  I suppose I can see the potential of Cortez, but Cortez (before she finds out how old he really is) is already established as an older man.  Granted, people do sometimes fall for someone older or younger, but Cortez seemed more like a fatherly figure (at least, in my playthroughs that is how it felt to me).  Obviously I'm not saying she had feelings for Crow, but he seemed to be someone she bonded with more and enjoyed bantering with.  I guess I just felt like she'd be more likely to bond with Crow than Cortez in that way, say, if Crow were a human. But that's just my opinion.

I also wanted to add to this topic that I noticed a line that i'd missed in the original game as I've been replaying (now that I've finished the most recent chapter of TLJ Chapters)...

Gordon (I think? Not in that scene anymore) mentioned her "breeding" in the confrontation at the Border house before Emma gets shot.  This has me wondering if the theory of her being related to the Draic Kin is likely.  I know others have theorized that she and Kian are distant relatives, as well, because of her being implicated as "Lady Alvane" in TLJ (**edit** Though I noticed now on my second playthrough that she could possibly be Zoe, since a name is never mentioned and both women had adventures with Crow, and the ending of TLJ was definitely a hint towards a different story of the Balance-probably Dreamfall- since she says the Guardian was still at his post, not removed from it like at the beginning of TLJ) and Kian's surname being Alvane.  It will be interesting to see what they've got written for the storyline for future chapters.  It's nice to see so much lively discussion about these games.  (though I'm a newbie, having only just played through the games this past month)

Anywho.. Just wanted to add my 2 bits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arpil, Cortez, love, TLJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users