Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:41

[link to KS update]

Summer update

9ddf68a0658b6806f1a6e0094b9c06c3_origina

Hey gang,

As that great bard of the 20th Century known as 'The Fresh Prince' once crooned

Summer, summer, summertime
Time to sit back and unwind

Summer's the season for beaches, barbecues and ice-cold beers (or popsicles) — but

playing games is also an accepted summer activity. We'll allow it. So we hope you've

all had a chance to play Book Three over the summer. If not, there's still time, so get to

it. Go on! We'll wait here.

(Are they gone? Good. We're not waiting.)

With the holidays behind us (at last!) and the team back working on Book Four

(hurray!), we figured it was time for another brief update.

Book Three: Realms launched a month and a half ago, and we're very happy with

the reception and feedback so far. From what we've read — in your emails, forum

posts, tweets and blog posts — most of you enjoyed our third episode, and with an 8.5

from Polygon, an 8.0 from GameSpot and a positive Kotaku review (amongst others),

most critics appear to agree. Phew!

There were a couple of ugly bugs in Book Three, and unfortunately we experienced

lengthy delays with the French and German localisations (the German voice overs

were only patched out yesterday). We hope to do better with Book Four, and we'll

have more on those bugs and the localisation issues in an upcoming dev blog.

On that note: in order to improve our communication and your insight into the

development process, we're launching a dev blog. We'll still send out email updates to

our backers (Kickstarter and PayPal) when necessary, but for more regular

development updates make sure to bookmark the new blog:

http://redthreadgames.com/blog/

We'll have some cool posts in the weeks and months to come, and you'll hopefully get

to hear from various people on the team — and not just this disembodied, anonymous,

corporate voice.

So what's next for Dreamfall Chapters? It’s still too early to talk about Book Four, but if 

you liked the direction the story took in the last episode, you’ll love where it's heading

next: the stakes are higher, the drama's intensifying and our protagonists are striking

out on new journeys into unknown territories…along with one or two familiar locations.

Such as this one:

912e1cd3babda0cd195404d861a96f70_origina

(We won't spoil the surprise, but we're SUPER EXCITED about this place and what's

about to happen there!)

That's it for now. Until next time! And please bookmark our dev blog — the first post

arrives next week! (Hopefully!)

Your friends at Red Thread Games

• Tina, khh, Dreamincolours and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 vidar

vidar

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:50

Isn't that the Gribbler's house?  I thought she was burned alive :)

• ACID_RAIN82, Crowboy and debro like this

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:53

Isn't that the Gribbler's house?  I thought she was burned alive :)

She was. There are some theories to discuss there, but I'm going to suggest we perhaps move them over here. Since Future Markus made a thread about that and we can be more fast and loose with spoilers over there. 

#4 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 August 2015 - 18:59

Book Four is still far away from release. I wonder how they want to release all books before the end of 2015?

#5 Flakes

Flakes

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 19:05

The developer blog says we'll be spoiled (yay) but will the developer blog be going in to game/story spoilers? 

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 August 2015 - 19:12

The developer blog says we'll be spoiled (yay) but will the developer blog be going in to game/story spoilers? 

They said that they will start with talking about Book Three so maybe the story will be little more explained.

#7 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 19:32

Book Four is still far away from release. I wonder how they want to release all books before the end of 2015?

Shhhhhhh-shhh. No one talk about that. :evil:

Can the dev blog entries be comment spammed with our forum accounts? Because that would be cool. :P

• Crowboy likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#8 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7119 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 August 2015 - 19:47

Shhhhhhh-shhh. No one talk about that. :evil:

Can the dev blog entries be comment spammed with our forum accounts? Because that would be cool. :P

I think they can chose to enable or disable comments on posts, and so far it appears they've chosen to disable them. If they enable them, then maybe.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#9 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 20:02

I think they can chose to enable or disable comments on posts, and so far it appears they've chosen to disable them. If they enable them, then maybe.

I think that's fine. If we want a discussion, we have this forum.

#10 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 August 2015 - 20:53

I think that's fine. If we want a discussion, we have this forum.

Yeah, one of my first thoughts when I read about the dev-blog was that we should probably have a "discussion thread" type thing for the blog entries :) Or, it could be added to that "twitter thread" thing, if we want to keep things lean.

But since there is nothing to discuss quite yet, I didn't do anything about the thought ;)

• agirlnamedbob, Indrid Cold and debro like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#11 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 August 2015 - 20:57

Honestly, having a separate thread from the social media thread might not be a bad idea. Commenting on the posts themselves, if enabled, would still be cool. But a forum better facilitates actual discussion, I feel. 

I guess if the blog posts are involved enough, then maybe they might deserve individual threads like these updates? Though depending on frequency... ...Yeah, I dunno. I think some of that will need to be addressed once we know a little better what the blog is going to be like. Though, you know. Suggestions for how people would like to handle that over here more than welcome. 

• Tina and Indrid Cold like this

#12 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7119 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 August 2015 - 21:04

Yeah, I was pondering this as well. I was wondering if it would be sensible to have blogposts auto-post on the forums or not. Though for the time being I think the forum is probably small enough that when someone wants to discuss a topic they can look in the forums, and if there isn't a thread for it they can create it. And then we'll just merge duplicates as they crop up. It might not be a sustainable solution, but it will at least work to begin with while we see how these things work out.

• Tina and Indrid Cold like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#13 hvkasteren

hvkasteren

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 21:24

Any chance we might get that artwork in a higher resolution? Would make an excellent background for my desktop.

#14 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 August 2015 - 21:30

Honestly, having a separate thread from the social media thread might not be a bad idea. Commenting on the posts themselves, if enabled, would still be cool. But a forum better facilitates actual discussion, I feel. 

I guess if the blog posts are involved enough, then maybe they might deserve individual threads like these updates? Though depending on frequency... ...Yeah, I dunno. I think some of that will need to be addressed once we know a little better what the blog is going to be like. Though, you know. Suggestions for how people would like to handle that over here more than welcome. 

Yeah, I was pondering this as well. I was wondering if it would be sensible to have blogposts auto-post on the forums or not. Though for the time being I think the forum is probably small enough that when someone wants to discuss a topic they can look in the forums, and if there isn't a thread for it they can create it. And then we'll just merge duplicates as they crop up. It might not be a sustainable solution, but it will at least work to begin with while we see how these things work out.

Yeah, I touched on basically all of those thoughts myself :) But duplicating all blog posts as separate posts on the forum may be a bit messy, was what I ended up thinking. Unless we hassle Morten into making a new "blog posts" subforum, that is. I also remember back in the beta days of this forum (or maybe before that?), we had a surge of threads posted by Ragnar, which was clearly autoposted from the "news" section of the homepage. So at least that's technically possible, and could be good for discussion. But the downside to that is that the blog itself could seem superfluous (since the forum posts would have more "features", and therefore be the "main posts", sort of).

But this is getting into "Staff Discussions" territory ;)

So anyway, a thread similar to the social media thing (we already get threads spawned from that, when there are things that warrants more discussion than "oh, cool!"), just for blog posts, was what I ended up thinking would be the best/simplest/less cluttered idea (unless RTG adds some auto-repost thing), at least :) And with a clear "BLOG POST DISCUSSION" type of title, to minimize duplicate threads and such :)

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#15 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 21:30

Any chance we might get that artwork in a higher resolution? Would make an excellent background for my desktop.

It is certainly ... color optimized, I'll say. :D

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#16 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 22:06

Finally! Nice update! :D

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#17 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 23:06

Exciting art work! 

#18 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:12

The Steam card has a higher resolution picture.

• khh, hvkasteren, Mr Moo and 3 others like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#19 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2126 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:24

It is certainly ... color optimized, I'll say. :D

I actually may be interested in having this kind of background color myself...

#20 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:53

Yeah, I touched on basically all of those thoughts myself :) But duplicating all blog posts as separate posts on the forum may be a bit messy, was what I ended up thinking. Unless we hassle Morten into making a new "blog posts" subforum, that is. I also remember back in the beta days of this forum (or maybe before that?), we had a surge of threads posted by Ragnar, which was clearly autoposted from the "news" section of the homepage. So at least that's technically possible, and could be good for discussion. But the downside to that is that the blog itself could seem superfluous (since the forum posts would have more "features", and therefore be the "main posts", sort of).

But this is getting into "Staff Discussions" territory ;)

So anyway, a thread similar to the social media thing (we already get threads spawned from that, when there are things that warrants more discussion than "oh, cool!"), just for blog posts, was what I ended up thinking would be the best/simplest/less cluttered idea (unless RTG adds some auto-repost thing), at least :) And with a clear "BLOG POST DISCUSSION" type of title, to minimize duplicate threads and such :)

Previously we had a plugin on our website that had the ability to create new threads on this forum for specific articles/posts written on the website. However, this plugin had a lot of bugs and even security loopholes so we had to get rid of it. I'll look around to see if there is something similar for us to add. Can't promise anything at this time though. :)

• Tina, khh, Dagget and 2 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ks update, kickstarter, kickstarter update, update 85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users