#1 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBulgaria - Varna

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:26

Greetings Red Thread Games & All of it's Fans and Supporters out there!

I'm beginning to write without any clear idea of what I'm going to say but I just woke up with this incredible urge to share my thoughts here with everyone. I guess it has been building up inside of me for quite a while now.

First of all I want to express my eternal gratitude to Ragnar Tornquist & The Team for taking the risk to create the sequel we all wanted (altho after seeing the results it turned out that it wasn't a risk at all regarding the support of the world - You maybe even got Backers from across the galaxy as well!). Also I would like to virtually shake hands with every single backer out there - from those who pledged 5$ to those who truly Had & Gave! And finally I would want to say a heartly "Thank You!" to all those who looked at the Pledge button & either didn't had the means or the way to contribute anything! Neither the people who gave little, nor You must feel outside the picture or on the border of it! Dreamfall Chapters is one beautiful dream which came true in our world & We're all in it Together! Even by sharing it with friends, familiarizing others with the game & eventually buying it when You can - Your contribution means something & when the game finally comes out, all of us who don't collapse from over-excitement will know that We Are a part of this game. Even if the town-crier does not recite Your name - the team and many of the fans will do in their minds on regular basis while feeling thankful that Dreamfall Chapters came true!

This is The One single-player game in which every player feels like is in a world shared by all others!

About me - I'm actually from a very little & very poor country. Piracy here is literally the only way for almost everyone to be able to do anything with their computers and I among the rest am a fine example of this nation's people. Or at least I was. After being a gamer my whole life, a few years ago I felt a new urge - to buy a game, and a single-player game at that, which I had just downloaded for free & played through. And I bought it simply for the fact that this game left a trace in my soul which through the years to come helped form me, not only by a little, to become the person I am today. This game was Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. And then I saw The Longest Journey game! After instantly buying both games I was feeling "wrong" in a way because there was not a single person around me to accept that I gave money for a game. Stupid bulgarian mentality...

And then believe it or not I waited for years for a simple fact to come true - I wanted to find someone I could truly share this experience with. After not only one or two years I found the Love of my life and lucky me - she showed interest for gaming. The very first games we played together were indeed the very first games I bought so many years ago. This was the first time I played The Longest Journey as well. Along with a few other games it became a thing for me to print High Resolution Wallpapers of favorite beautiful games & frame them for my room. There are very few games like those who truly give the player a Life Changing Experience! But they are worth it! And this is coming from a professional competitive player at that! Dreamfall Chapters is unlike any other game out there & it MUST become a new genre in the world of gaming! If I was one of those who had the money income which they couldn't possibly spend without wasting money for this purpose alone, I would truly say to Red Thread Games - "You have unlimited resources! Use them the best You can & literally change the world for better!". Even in this short narrowed society I live in I have both shown The Longest Journey games to people & found others who had already played it - all of which even to this day still talk about it and now can't wait for Dreamfall Chapters to come out!

Regarding this I'm announcing that right before Dreamfall Chapters is released I'm gathering friends, their friends & fans of this great saga as well at my place to play The Longest Journey & Dreamfall: The Longest Journey after which we'll go through Dreamfall Chapters with the Early Access from the 75$ Pledge reward on the new larger monitor with way better colors which I ordered for this specific purpose of being able to get the most out of those games! I live in Bulgaria - Varna. Anyone interested can contact me through my e-mail: WAYFJemobulas@Hotmail.Com or Skype: WAYF.Jemobulas. You're all welcome to share this amazing experience with us!

I guess that I sat down to write all this, even tho I have never done this before, for a simple reason - The Longest Journey Saga has been, is & will continue to be changing the lives of numerous people around the globe for the best! You aren't just making a good game, people aren't simply backing it up so it will become even better, this isn't just the next way we will entertain ourselves for another couple of hours. This means something to the few developers who are doing more amazing job than many large companies would given the same resources & time, simply because the feeling to have such an influence over thousands of people around the world is something one can not buy with any sum of money. And it also means something to us - the thousands of people, because living in a world such as ours, often times dull & profane while lacking any kind of promise for excitement in the near & far future, to stumble upon such a shining gem in the night charges us with the energy, smiles & dreams to go on living while spreading this feeling with the world around us!

Thank You Everyone for making this particular Dream Come True! We all live in each other's hearts & minds!

Jemobulas Tresapopanaev

• Tina, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 26 others like this

Jemobulas: Eternal fan of The Longest Journey saga seeking to help for the development of Dreamfall Chapters in any way possible!

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:55

That was a really beautiful post! I hope you find lots of people that want to come and play together :)

• Jemobulas likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#3 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:55

I hope so as well. :)

Jemobulas: Eternal fan of The Longest Journey saga seeking to help for the development of Dreamfall Chapters in any way possible!

#4 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:16

Ànd so it begins........

• Tina and khh like this

#5 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:23

This post brought a huge smile on my face.

These games ARE unlike anything else and I would be lying if I said that they didn't have a huge impact on my life. :)

• loranna238 and Jemobulas like this

#6 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:49

So very true. :) And to add even more to how much I adore & appreciate this game - I'm a competitive gamer who spends a lot of time in front of the computer (even tho I practice different sports including mountain climbing & so on).

Yet I had 11 years old computer which I only upgraded from time to time. I used to play with the lowest video settings on all my games if they could even run at all.

At the very hour the Dreamfall Chapter's release date was announced my computer broke. My monitor was also so crappy that all was blurry & I couldn't really see much on it anymore. So I struggled & made a couple of sacrafices but I managed to get a new PC & a new monitor 2 days before the release date. And now Dreamfall Chapters runs at 100% video settings with perfect frame rate. The new monitor allows me to see everything to it's fullest visual potential. I LOVE IT! And my girlfriend adores the game as well. The happiest moment in my entire gaming career is now - only a few days after my computer blew up! It sounds funny but it's what it is. :D Thank You Red Thread Games For Everything That You Did & That You're About To Do! I'm with You on Your path! ^_^

• khh likes this

#7 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:55

Ah, such a heartwarming post! :) I'm glad you get to enjoy the game on a new computer!

• khh and Jemobulas like this

#8 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:56

Thank You! It's a dream come true! Just like the creation of Dreamfall Chapters! ^_^

• khh and RoyMartin like this

#9 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:39

Don't know why I didn't see your original post until today. Thank you for the heartfelt words, then and now!

• Jemobulas likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#10 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:23

You're more than welcome! :)

#11 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:30

Get your purse out. buy the game, tell everyone. Thats always a good message.

#12 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:38

OP, you make me happy.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#13 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:38

God this game is so beautiful........

• Elpiniki Kappa likes this

#14 Elpiniki Kappa

Elpiniki Kappa

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLeeds, UK

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:59

Thank you for such a touching post :)

Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum...

#15 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:04

I'm really happy to see so much positive attitude on this forum & so many happy replies on my post as well! ^_^

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#16 Julia

Julia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 15:33

Such a great post, though Bulgaria is not that poor. Yes, piracy is well-spread, but this is exactly the reason why buying a game means that it has given you much more than brainless entertainment. 

The whole series is exceptional and Ragnar and the team have done a very special thing by bringing a "normal" attitude, thinking and love to our world. Especially during the time when TLJ was released when the game industry was mostly about shooting and very dumb and predictable story-telling. 

#17 conundra

conundra

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:36

such a heartwarming post. I can relate to how you feel about the game.

It was a long time since I first started playing the saga and until today it has remained a wonderful experience and memory. I'm glad it continues :) and I hope it will continue for many more years.

A lot of people no matter where thinks it is a waste of money to buy video games. However, rare gems like this is worth it.

• khh likes this

#18 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:33

I couldn't agree more with all of You. :)

#19 TheBigBad1013

TheBigBad1013

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:30

Awesome post!

#20 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 17:47

Summer is coming & so is the time to finally play through everything that has been released up until now! Book 3 including - Hype!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreamfall Chapters, The Dreamfall Saga, Beauty, Dreams, Love, Everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users