Photo

Playing on a Mac- what to do instead of right-click, and how to put items in inventory?

Mac right click

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spunkyrigpa1

spunkyrigpa1

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:28

Hi,

I just bought the game and am trying to play on my Mac. I'm not really a gamer or a proficient mac user and am not sure what to do to get items into my inventory. I can hear Zoe's inner monologue about them, but can't pick up things- such as the chart at the foot of her bed. Can anyone direct me? I'm sure this is a basic question but I did search before posting this and didn't exactly get an answer. I'm playing it via Steam.

Thanks!

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:37

Hi spunkyrigpa1. 

Items such as the chart at the foot of Zoe's bed cannot be picked up. There are a fair number of items in the game where you can look at them and learn information from the character's inner monologue, but you can't take them. If you just get an "eye" icon, then "look" is the only interaction for that item. Items that can be picked up or otherwise interacted with should bring up a radial menu with different options. 

Once an item is in your inventory, you may have to right click on it to complete certain tasks, like combining items. On Mac you should be able to simulate right clicking by holding down the control key while clicking.

I hope that helps! If it doesn't or you're running into a glitch with the menus or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. We'll do our best to help you out. :) 

• Ringtail likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:43

Hi!

There aren't going to be a whole lot of things that you can pick up. You'll usually have 4 or fewer inventory items at any given time. The chart, for example - you can examine it, but not pick it up. Usually, if you click on an item and see a hand icon, that's how you can pick things up. If you just see an eye icon, it's just something you can examine.

(I'm a Mac user, too, and use an Xbox 360 controller, using the tattiebogle driver.)

EDIT: Erika'd! ;)
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:58

EDIT: Erika'd! ;)

Heh, sorry!

Though that's a good point about the number of items in your inventory. There are going to be far more items that you can look at but not pick up than items you can pick up. Also, sometimes you have to look at an item or interact with something else to unlock an interaction with a particular object. So if you think you should be able to interact with something, but you're not getting the option, you may have to do something else before the option is available. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:21

Hi,

I just bought the game and am trying to play on my Mac. I'm not really a gamer or a proficient mac user and am not sure what to do to get items into my inventory. I can hear Zoe's inner monologue about them, but can't pick up things- such as the chart at the foot of her bed. Can anyone direct me? I'm sure this is a basic question but I did search before posting this and didn't exactly get an answer. I'm playing it via Steam.

Thanks!

In addition to what Erika said, you can also go to your mouse settings and enable secondary click.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, right click

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users