25 replies to this topic

#21 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 20:14

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be that guy, just was explaining how I interpreted the scene and why I didn't put that on my list of "things that need an explanation." 

It's definitely possible that there's another / different reason for it. 

LOL, actually I was thinking that way at first, but I am usually wrong about the whys in this game.

• agirlnamedbob and Robertcof like this

#22 longnightfalling

longnightfalling

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2015 - 20:54

I like this a lot (although it does tend toward the sort of timey-wimey jiggery-pokery I've expressed skepticism about before). The White in Prologue 1 looks just like Dreamfall's Young White Kin, but she seems to have more knowledge and less naïveté than the Young White. So, it makes sense to me that the White in the Prologue has a bit more of the knowledge and experience of the Mother from TLJ, which might be the case if she were "freed from time," like you propose.

And how's this for a mind-bender: the VO actress for the White in the first Interlude seems to be the same as Kian's mother in the fever-dream.  What if the Young White is the mother of Kian through the same timey-wimey jiggery-pokery?  

• Ringtail likes this

#23 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 July 2015 - 21:12

And how's this for a mind-bender: the VO actress for the White in the first Interlude seems to be the same as Kian's mother in the fever-dream.  What if the Young White is the mother of Kian through the same timey-wimey jiggery-pokery?  

...I'm really bad at the "name that voice actor" game, so I definitely didn't notice that. Can anyone else confirm? (EDIT: Though I suppose it's worth mentioning that a fair number of voice actors play multiple roles and various "extras" in the game, so it definitely being the same actor doesn't necessarily confirm anything.) 

If so, that's definitely interesting... I know someone in an old thread mentioned that "Alvane" means "white," but I haven't been able to find anything confirming this anywhere. 

If true, though, that could tie the whole Saga-Kian-April-White Kin connection business up quite nicely.

• Ringtail and inspector like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#24 longnightfalling

longnightfalling

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2015 - 23:03

If so, that's definitely interesting... I know someone in an old thread mentioned that "Alvane" means "white," but I haven't been able to find anything confirming this anywhere. 

Really?  I think in Hebrew and Arabic "alvan" means "sublime" and "alva" means "bright."  Not sure about "white," though.

But if true, then "Lady Alvane" literally means "White Lady."  

I wonder... could "Alvane" be the family name of the Kin?

• inspector likes this

#25 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 23:29

I think "Alba" is "white" in Latin. Not exactly Alvane, but close I guess.

• inspector likes this

#26 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:02

Really?  I think in Hebrew and Arabic "alvan" means "sublime" and "alva" means "bright."  Not sure about "white," though.

But if true, then "Lady Alvane" literally means "White Lady."  

I wonder... could "Alvane" be the family name of the Kin?

In Interlude White Ghost told Saga that there will be a time when they will be reunited and they will tell stories - Lady Alvane hint!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: white lady, white kin, house of all words, interlude, faith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users