• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slektstreff

slektstreff

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 16:29

NOTE: this may very well be yet another symptom of "shaders in Unity not being supported on Linux systems" which the devs seem to be aware of already.

I thought I should report it anyway, just in case they need something specific to track and/or forward to the Unity developers.

As the attached (heavily compressed) screenshot shows, the sky in Marcuria (as of chapter 8) does not look right. It appears to echo whatever else is on the screen/"camera" (in this case, an airship and some buildings).

It did not look weird at dusk/night when I played as Kian, nor have I seen anything similar in other parts of the game.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K

Graphics: n/a (using the processor's built-in Haswell graphics driver)

Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04.2

Kernel: Linux 3.19.0-21-generic

Game version: 3.0.1 (Steam)

Up to this point, I have - surprisingly - had no trouble playing the game at all, even though I am using my Intel CPU's (built-in Haswell) functionality as the only graphics accelerator.

I have fiddled around with different configurations, trying both sky-high (ba-bom, bom, tscch!) settings that my low-end graphics "card" obviously does not handle well and the lowest/worst-looking values for everything which runs very smoothly. I also tried booting my OS with kernel version 3.13.0-55-generic instead of the one I am currently running (both are pre-built and provided by Canonical as official Ubuntu packages). The sky does not look right either way. It also looked the same in the previous game version, before the 3.0.1 patch was released.

Again, please let me know if there is any way I can help with tracking this.

Have a good one, and thanks for making this fantastic game!

Attached Files

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 July 2015 - 18:39

It's possible the devs are on vacation now, but I'm sure they'll look at it when they get back. That looks like a pretty bad bug, thanks for reporting it.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 slektstreff

slektstreff

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 19:09

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it looks pretty bad. Here's another screenshot with more "sky".

sorgkbr.jpg?1

As mentioned, I'd be happy to provide whatever debugging and/or other info the devs might need once they're back.
Cheers!

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, unity, linux, steam, ubuntu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users