Photo

Ok, fess up, who on the team actually thought that was a good idea?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 22:29

Ignoring that other comment, let's continue our discussion (and just so we're clear, I'm not referring to toremygg's comment).

I think we all agree that Zoë sounds English. My guess would be East London, but that's almost a blind shot.

Yeah, I sometimes have a hard time placing non-American accents, and Zoe's isn't distinctive enough to my ears for me to place it, other than somewhere in GB.  That's about as close as I could guess, and there are a lot of very different accents in that region. 

#122 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 22:38

Zoe sounds, well, like the actress ;-) South-east England, quite posh. "Received pronunciation" as we call it: RP.

• Mr Moo likes this

#123 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 July 2015 - 22:57

Zoe sounds, well, like the actress ;-) South-east England, quite posh. "Received pronunciation" as we call it: RP.

That fits pretty well with Zoë's backstory, doesn't it? Though DFC Zoë is a less posh than DF Zoë.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#124 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 July 2015 - 17:55

I think we all agree that Zoë sounds English. My guess would be East London, but that's almost a blind shot.

Sully: "Talk like an Islander, live behind Islander walls, deal with Islander shame!"

And we know Zoe lived in London during the Collapse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users