Photo

Ok, fess up, who on the team actually thought that was a good idea?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#61 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:14

I don't have a transcript, but if the wiki is correct, then "when meeting up with Crow in the Guardian's Realm, April asks him about Abnaxus' further fate, and he confirms that Abnaxus made it safely out of Marcuria", so Crow must have met Abanaxus at some point.

• Riaise, thelj, GistOfSpirit and 2 others like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#62 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:38

Also not unreasonable: April telling Crow at length about Abnaxus during TLJ. She has time writing her diary off screen, so why not that?
  • GistOfSpirit and Bruno like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#63 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 13:49

Ah sorry, I read that wong then Indrid. *oops*
  • GistOfSpirit likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#64 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 18:09

Crow was one of the heroes of the balance.  I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that they met at some point. 

He is the hero of the balance. His sidekicks did help him of course but it was him who saved the universe after all.

• Chikyuu, Mr Moo, Crowboy and 5 others like this

#65 defears

defears

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:04

the ordering was not a problem- in fact I don't know how it can be a problem at all.

if you played TLJ (and most on the forum did), you got it in like 1-2 tries. if you didnt, you should really play TLJ :) if you didnt and dont want to play TLJ, trial and error plus hints from saga make this 'puzzle' a 2-minute activity

the scavenger hunt though, I did not enjoy. at all. it was too contrived for my taste and unnecessary frustrating with DFC controls. I liked it at first because I thought 'hey even the most streamline players who dont want to explore will be forced to explore' but after nearly an hour of surveying every corner...I was getting quite worked up. there is no challenge in pixel hunting. the goat puzzle was far better even though it was essentially another exploration 'puzzle', because if you explored everything you would 1)stumble on the goat 2)can remember the Mole telling you of the drug qualities of the plant. In the case of scavenger hunt, you knew exactly what you needed to do but it was just frustrating. it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I don't fault anyone who looked in the walkthrough at that point, as I was close to doing it myself several times.

and I've played a ton of old and new adventures where pixel hunting was the norm, so that's saying something. like, this was way more frustrating than anything in Deponia series.

#66 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:03

So Saga's Drawing has become DFC's rubber ducky. Where would we be without a classic frustrating puzzle that causes ripples in the space-time continuum? :evil:

• Edreamer Jamil, loranna238 and Crowboy like this

#67 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:33

So Saga's Drawing™ has become DFC's rubber ducky. Where would we be without a classic frustrating puzzle that causes ripples in the space-time continuum? :evil:

Dear lord that puzzle wasn't difficult, even if you didn't remember the proper order.  The pictures stay up there and don't come down if they are right.

• Edreamer Jamil and Dmm like this

#68 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:35

the ordering was not a problem- in fact I don't know how it can be a problem at all.

if you played TLJ (and most on the forum did), you got it in like 1-2 tries. if you didnt, you should really play TLJ :) if you didnt and dont want to play TLJ, trial and error plus hints from saga make this 'puzzle' a 2-minute activity

the scavenger hunt though, I did not enjoy. at all. it was too contrived for my taste and unnecessary frustrating with DFC controls. I liked it at first because I thought 'hey even the most streamline players who dont want to explore will be forced to explore' but after nearly an hour of surveying every corner...I was getting quite worked up. there is no challenge in pixel hunting. the goat puzzle was far better even though it was essentially another exploration 'puzzle', because if you explored everything you would 1)stumble on the goat 2)can remember the Mole telling you of the drug qualities of the plant. In the case of scavenger hunt, you knew exactly what you needed to do but it was just frustrating. it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I don't fault anyone who looked in the walkthrough at that point, as I was close to doing it myself several times.

and I've played a ton of old and new adventures where pixel hunting was the norm, so that's saying something. like, this was way more frustrating than anything in Deponia series.

Really? I didn't even remember the Mole saying that.  I just thought of it because Kian drugged the other guy.  

#69 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:25

So Saga's Drawing has become DFC's rubber ducky. Where would we be without a classic frustrating puzzle that causes ripples in the space-time continuum? :evil:

No wonder why I like this puzzle/gameplay. The rubber ducky puzzle was my favorite puzzle in TLJ and in DF my favorite gameplay involved the stealth sequences in the underground city and in the Waticorp sub-basement. This isn't a joke, I actually did enjoy those puzzles/gameplay.

• Edreamer Jamil and Pawlo_86 like this

#70 Skizzo

Skizzo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:35

So Saga's Drawing™ has become DFC's rubber ducky. Where would we be without a classic frustrating puzzle that causes ripples in the space-time continuum? :evil:

So we should be very wary of the upcoming DFC puzzle that will be the equivalent of TLJ's Maerum puzzle? I remember a lot of people cursing about that one.

• thelj and Crowboy like this

#71 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:54

No wonder why I like this puzzle/gameplay. The rubber ducky puzzle was my favorite puzzle in TLJ and in DF my favorite gameplay involved the stealth sequences in the underground city and in the Waticorp sub-basement. This isn't a joke, I actually did enjoy those puzzles/gameplay.

You're a masochist aren't you... :P

• Edreamer Jamil and Dmm like this

#72 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:55

So we should be very wary of the upcoming DFC puzzle that will be the equivalent of TLJ's Maerum puzzle? I remember a lot of people cursing about that one.

Even today, on every gameplay, this is the only puzzle I look for the solution online.

• Vainamoinen, Riaise, Dmm and 2 others like this

#73 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:57

Even today, on every gameplay, this [Maerum altar puzzle] is the only puzzle I look for the solution online.

Every time I play TLJ and get to that part, I remember "the solution was exactly what you think, but reversed".

Then I try that, fail, try again without the reverse, fail again and proceed to look for the solution online. :D

Still, I think that the problem of the Maerum altar puzzle wasn't so much difficulty and far more controls. Testing any hypothesis took ages. By the time you get to try a third, you're sure to have forgotten the first.

• Edreamer Jamil, Dmm, Crowboy and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#74 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 13:23

I'm fine with the Maerum puzzle. In fact I'm proud of myself for figuring it out (I looked at UHS for many other parts of the game). :D

#75 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 July 2015 - 14:40

This puzzle has got nothing on rubber ducky! They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. It's like comparing a peaceful walk in the park to the first fifteen minutes of Saving Private Ryan or something. :)

• Mr Moo and Skizzo like this

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#76 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 July 2015 - 16:15

Every time I play TLJ and get to that part, I remember "the solution was exactly what you think, but reversed".

Then I try that, fail, try again without the reverse, fail again and proceed to look for the solution online. :D

Still, I think that the problem of the Maerum altar puzzle wasn't so much difficulty and far more controls. Testing any hypothesis took ages. By the time you get to try a third, you're sure to have forgotten the first.

Yeah, we've discussed this. They screwed that thing up.
(And Indrid Cold's just in denial ;p)
  • Vainamoinen, GistOfSpirit and Crowboy like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#77 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 16:30

Still waiting for evidence. If it were a mistake, the side symbols wouldn't even have to match. ;) :P

• Mr Moo likes this

#78 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 July 2015 - 17:04

Still waiting for evidence. If it were a mistake, the side symbols wouldn't even have to match. ;) :P

I do support your reasoning. I can't remember this being hard at all, so I guess I did spot it first time through.

#79 defears

defears

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 18:38

This puzzle has got nothing on rubber ducky! They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. It's like comparing a peaceful walk in the park to the first fifteen minutes of Saving Private Ryan or something. :)

personally, I completely disagree.
The biggest problem with the rubber ducky was the solution being logically unintuitive, especially compared to other puzzles in TLJ, which were all easy and logically sound. Such puzzles as the rubber ducky were the norm in many classic adventure point and clicks. Such puzzles problem is that you have no logical way of reaching the solution aside from trial and error or luck. I can live with these puzzles. I can't stand knowing exactly what to do and failing to do it when it doesn't involve skill but rather pixel hunting in a huge space with wonky controls (finding drawings)
  • thelj likes this

#80 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 July 2015 - 18:48

Wasn't the description that Spring girl made a new friend? That definitely didn't happen until after April had met Brian. Meeting Crow at all is optional the first time you're in Arcadia, and they only say four lines between them.

I recognized that it was not (exactly) according to the sequence in TLJ, but figured that this was Saga's (subjective) version and used the content of the drawings in setting the order. Thus "Spring girl gets a new friend" comes before "Man with wheels" since the latter includes a sketch of Crow. Using this logic I got it on the first try in my first playthrough (took two tries the next time, but it was a different sequence that tripped me up then).

• khh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users