Photo

Ok, fess up, who on the team actually thought that was a good idea?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 14:57

I don't think the picture was the first meeting with Crow, it was April making friends with him. Which definitely happened during the second Shift, after she had met Brian.

Wasn't the description that Spring girl made a new friend? That definitely didn't happen until after April had met Brian. Meeting Crow at all is optional the first time you're in Arcadia, and they only day four lines between them.

Good points, indeed!

• Riaise likes this

#42 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 15:04

I don't know how all "you people" remember these details. Maybe I just have a poor memory! But I have played TLJ and DF several times each, know generally how the story goes and got most of the picture order wrong.  I think I got 3 right at first and then it was juggling other ones back and forth a bit. I don't know exactly when April did whatever thing was in the picture. Sheesh! But the trial and error was painless and didn't take that long anyway. Full marks for what happened next, that was a real surprise :o B)

• Tina likes this

#43 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 16:05

I loved the interlude. Please don't change it.

It was great with amazing atmosphere.

I only wish we could explore more of it (trap door, daddy's room and the closed door under daddy's room)

Guess need to leave some for later, right?

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, maDSaint and 3 others like this

#44 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 July 2015 - 16:19

And about the 'made a new friend' thing. I'm confident I'm unable to pinpoint the exact time when this or that person became my friend. Then again, I have never kept a journal. Still, even if I had, thinking back, I would still describe them as my friends, even if they at that point in time maybe hadn't moved on to 'friend' status. If they aren't even your own memories to begin with, or you're imposing them on someone else, then this would be pretty hard to distinguish.

I loved the interlude. Please don't change it.

It was great with amazing atmosphere.

I only wish we could explore more of it (trap door, daddy's room and the closed door under daddy's room)

Guess need to leave some for later, right?

And the outside! It looks so lovely on the opening screen (but maybe with Pappa, as we don't want to get lost! :wacko: ).

#45 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 July 2015 - 17:12

Well it was also pointed out before that April wrote in her journal that she made a new friend in Crow. If there is an inconsistency, then we can only "prove" it when we check the order of entries in April's journal. Buuuut: I may have been wrong in the first place, so don't mind me. :D

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#46 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 July 2015 - 20:39

According to the wiki, April met Brian on 29th July, and "made friends" with Crow (according to her diary entry) on 31st July.

#47 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 06 July 2015 - 21:04

The drawing with Brian & Shadow in it concerns him helping April discover "how to get back to the Big City"

I did wonder if this eluded to a part of the game after April teamed up with Crow, although I'm trying still to recall where this might be.

April's return to Newport post Shadow People sort of just happened once she arrived back at Marcuria Harbour for example, although as this only occurred once she had largely discovered all the required quest items perhaps this is what this means

(ie Brian's help didn't result in an instant return but helped April's eventual return)

Disclaimer : I don't have TLJ installed at the moment , I'm recollecting from my playthrough last year

#48 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 22:14

I think it just refers to when Brian gave her Cortez's watch, which let her return.

#49 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 July 2015 - 22:16

Doesn't the picture with Brian&shadow contain Crow as well? Can't check the picture from the game now, but I know the original drawing (which Ragnar tweeted before Book3 release) did.
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#50 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 06 July 2015 - 22:24

Doesn't the picture with Brian&shadow contain Crow as well? Can't check the picture from the game now, but I know the original drawing (which Ragnar tweeted before Book3 release) did.

Yes, it does, so it wouldn't refer to the watch return (as that's before April teams up with Crow)

• Tina likes this

#51 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 22:48

Huh, I didn't notice that!

With that and the wrong order, I wonder if the story is a "parallel universe" of April's.

#52 Moriaty

Moriaty

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2015 - 22:51

On the whole I think it was a good idea to put some storyline from TLJ in. The story is to compilcated without such things - especially if you have not played TLJ since about 10 years (I think I am not the only one who counts to this group of players)

#53 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 July 2015 - 23:28

I don't know how all "you people" remember these details. Maybe I just have a poor memory! But I have played TLJ and DF several times each, know generally how the story goes and got most of the picture order wrong.  I think I got 3 right at first and then it was juggling other ones back and forth a bit. I don't know exactly when April did whatever thing was in the picture. Sheesh! But the trial and error was painless and didn't take that long anyway. Full marks for what happened next, that was a real surprise :o B)

Unhealthy obsession?
Though I actually didn't get more than three or so right the first time either.

Yes, it does, so it wouldn't refer to the watch return (as that's before April teams up with Crow)

I'm pretty sure Crow didn't actually meet Brian at all in TLJ.

• inspector likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#54 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 06 July 2015 - 23:33

Unhealthy obsession?
Though I actually didn't get more than three or so right the first time either.

So far as I recall they definitely were never on the same screen together. Is there any possible occasion where Crow could have been with, or following April, but off screen ? (possibly not, just wondering)

#55 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 23:41

That's true, but he never met Abnaxus either and knew him in Zoë's dream. Maybe there were things off-screen?

• Riaise likes this

#56 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:35

Abnaxus introduced himself to Zoë in their first meeting.

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#57 Science n Magica

Science n Magica

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFederal Way Washington

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:55

I enjoyed the hunt, I love hunts.  Yes it took me along time too, but that's ok. In the end I was blown away when I actually looked at the drawings to see what order they were in. I couldn't believe that finally the original story from TLJ was finally put in this game.  Good job I say!

#58 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:10

As i said in previous thread - April meet Crow during First Shift but they became friends during Second Shift. April meet and speak with Brian during First Shift so before friendship with Crow.

I like that Saga's drawings revealed some secrets:

- Undreaming IS inside Brian Westhouse,

- April will became a new Mother (White Dragon),

- Gribbler worked for Yaga, Yaga is ancient evil,

• merryawe likes this

#59 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:45

Abnaxus introduced himself to Zoë in their first meeting.

I mentioned Crow knowing Abnaxus, not Zoë.

#60 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:57

Crow was one of the heroes of the balance.  I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that they met at some point. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users