Photo
- - - - -

Can someone give me a copy of their book 1 and book 2 save data?

Problem game save

Best Answer Vainamoinen , 04 July 2015 - 20:32

All right, attempting a solution.

First, play Chapters to the first checkpoint so all the necessary folders are created.

Then, take this file:
http://en.file-uploa...Flags.data.html

Search %appdata% folder (hidden!) and put it under Appdata > LocalLow > Red Thread Games > Dreamfall Chapters

Put file into Dreamfall Chapters folder (an 'autosave' folder should also be in there)

If you hit 'continue' in the game's menu, it should give you a choice as to with what Book you'd like to start.

It's my 'first' playthrough here - not all choices are perfect, the traitor unidentified... interesting times.

Good luck. :) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 July 2015 - 21:08

Sibortech isn't "crying" about this. It wasn't an "oh no, why did this happen to me?". He's just asking if anyone has a save. Stop making this about Steam or not. If it continues, I'll delete posts.
  • agirlnamedbob, khh, mrKnask and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#22 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 04 July 2015 - 21:28

I have saved games I will gladly send; however Sibotech will have to PM me to work out details. My game files were downloaded from Humble.

#23 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 21:54

DrHouse: Your reply is completely inappropriate.

You may choose whatever platform you like, but derailing others for choosing differently? That's completely out of line.

By the way, do try uninstalling steam, since recently steam had some issues, and I remember specifically someone uninstalling and reinstalling steam which uninstalled all their games.

Edit: mods: Sorry, I'll stop with it now. I agree it shouldn't be the discussion. That's exactly what I'm arguing.

#24 Sibortech

Sibortech

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 21:09

All right, attempting a solution.

First, play Chapters to the first checkpoint so all the necessary folders are created.

Then, take this file:
http://en.file-uploa...Flags.data.html

Search %appdata% folder (hidden!) and put it under Appdata > LocalLow > Red Thread Games > Dreamfall Chapters

Put file into Dreamfall Chapters folder (an 'autosave' folder should also be in there)

If you hit 'continue' in the game's menu, it should give you a choice as to with what Book you'd like to start.

It's my 'first' playthrough here - not all choices are perfect, the traitor unidentified... interesting times.

Good luck. :)

Ok. I spent sometime doing some of my stuff on the 2nd book. Which by the way worked perfectly, thank you, for everything really and taking action or just generally focusing on the topic at hand. I owe ya one. 

And now on to BOOK 3!! Oh I hope there is a come back for crow. I am installing the 3rd book from gog at the current moment. 

• Vainamoinen, khh and Crowboy like this

#25 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 05 July 2015 - 22:25

Sorry Sibortech, but I did delete those posts directed towards DrHouse. I had already said that the Steam stuff shouldn't be addressed more here, and your posts were a continuation of that.

(crowboy's post was just on the edge of being deleted as well)
  • khh, Crowboy and Sibortech like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Problem, game save

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users