Photo
- - - - -

Can someone give me a copy of their book 1 and book 2 save data?

Problem game save

Best Answer Vainamoinen , 04 July 2015 - 20:32

All right, attempting a solution.

First, play Chapters to the first checkpoint so all the necessary folders are created.

Then, take this file:
http://en.file-uploa...Flags.data.html

Search %appdata% folder (hidden!) and put it under Appdata > LocalLow > Red Thread Games > Dreamfall Chapters

Put file into Dreamfall Chapters folder (an 'autosave' folder should also be in there)

If you hit 'continue' in the game's menu, it should give you a choice as to with what Book you'd like to start.

It's my 'first' playthrough here - not all choices are perfect, the traitor unidentified... interesting times.

Good luck. :) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Sibortech

Sibortech

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 14:50

After having to set my computer in to factory condition, which is, long story short an annoying experience. I had lost the entirety of my save file and honestly, to replay them is not something I want to do. And here I am asking: Can anyone give me a copy of their book one and two save data. Without that I wouldn't be able to start the third book with out restarting the entire game.

#2 DrHouse

DrHouse

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 17:00

If you played it on Steam then the savegame's are backuped in the cloud and will get downloaded alongside the game.

If you didn't play it on Steam... well, you should have.

• Lee-m and Mr Moo like this

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 17:08

A couple people have been sharing saves if you didn't play on Steam/cloud sync isn't working.

Your choices won't be reflected if you go that route though.

Hopefully someone can post a link to their saves if you do still need them.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 04 July 2015 - 17:10

That was helpful Drhouse ;)

I'm not around my computer at the moment, and to be frank I don't know were to find the save files because I'm computer stupid... :P

Might be a good idea to tell what choices you did so you hopefully get a savefile close to your old one thought :)
  • Crowboy likes this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#5 DrHouse

DrHouse

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 17:14

That was helpful Drhouse ;)

Well I don't have book 2 saves so I can't give him mine.

And I'm just saying that in case he didn't knew about that. He may be looking for saves when he doesn't need them in the first place.

Also save files are in: %AppData%\Roaming\RedThreadGames

• mrKnask likes this

#6 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 04 July 2015 - 17:18

Well I don't have book 2 saves so I can't give him mine.
And I'm just saying that in case he didn't knew about that. He may be looking for saves when he doesn't need them in the first place.

Hehe, I got that,was just trying to be funny because your last sentence..

Sorry, I guess I've gotten too much sun today ;)

Edit: thanks for the info!

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#7 Sibortech

Sibortech

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 18:12

I see. I don't have the game on steam. I have it on gog. Thats ok.

#8 Sibortech

Sibortech

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 18:14

If you played it on Steam then the savegame's are backuped in the cloud and will get downloaded alongside the game.

Sorry? I don't know why you held that up. I mean sorry, I didn't buy it on your recommended service.  

• Vainamoinen and Nanoloque like this

#9 Sibortech

Sibortech

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 18:15

A couple people have been sharing saves if you didn't play on Steam/cloud sync isn't working.

Your choices won't be reflected if you go that route though.

Hopefully someone can post a link to their saves if you do still need them.

Yup. I am starting again that's for sure.

#10 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 04 July 2015 - 18:22

After having to set my computer in to factory condition, which is, long story short an annoying experience. I had lost the entirety of my save file and honestly, to replay them is not something I want to do. And here I am asking: Can anyone give me a copy of their book one and two save data. Without that I wouldn't be able to start the third book with out restarting the entire game.

I am unclear as to whether or not you are on Stream and whether or not you still need the games. If you are not playing the game on Stream and you still need saved games, I can send some to you. I have about 8 versions I have carried forward to Book 3. I have carried them forward until the Choices play out and the outcome is known.

I am not on Stream or The Cloud. You will have to PM me with an email address and some idea of the choices you wish to go forward with.

• Crowboy likes this

#11 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 19:27

Well, that's a bit pretentious, I'd say.

So if I'm not using the amazing and all knowing steam, I'm a lesser being?

I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, but if it is, it's a poor one at best, and it's definitely not written as a joke.

By the way, good luck uninstalling steam and keeping your games installed at the same time, ohh and good luck playing without the steam client on your machine up and running consuming resources and requiring active internet connection.

Oh yes...really superior...

#12 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:16

Let's focus on helping Sibortech instead of focusing on members with a Steam induced PC knowledge atrophy.

I'm trying to find the savegame folder, but it's been switched since Book 2; does anyone know where exactly the new storyflags.data file is located? I can just find the old save files and storyflags - i.e. for Book 1...

The switchout should be relatively painless, and IIRC, the storyflags are essentially all you need to start from Book 2.

I had this all figured out for Book 2, but... four months, y'know.
  • Tina, agirlnamedbob, khh and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#13 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:25

Yes, let's keep that Steam discussion out of this.
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:30

Updated save location is in the FAQ.

For Windows Vista and up, it's %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Red Thread Games\Dreamfall Chapters\

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#15 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:32   Best Answer

All right, attempting a solution.

First, play Chapters to the first checkpoint so all the necessary folders are created.

Then, take this file:
http://en.file-uploa...Flags.data.html

Search %appdata% folder (hidden!) and put it under Appdata > LocalLow > Red Thread Games > Dreamfall Chapters

Put file into Dreamfall Chapters folder (an 'autosave' folder should also be in there)

If you hit 'continue' in the game's menu, it should give you a choice as to with what Book you'd like to start.

It's my 'first' playthrough here - not all choices are perfect, the traitor unidentified... interesting times.

Good luck. :)
  • Tina, agirlnamedbob, khh and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#16 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:32

Let's focus on helping Sibortech instead of focusing on members with a Steam induced PC knowledge atrophy.

I'm trying to find the savegame folder, but it's been switched since Book 2; does anyone know where exactly the new storyflags.data file is located? I can just find the old save files and storyflags - i.e. for Book 1...

The switchout should be relatively painless, and IIRC, the storyflags are essentially all you need to start from Book 2.

I had this all figured out for Book 2, but... four months, y'know.

Books 1 and 2 in Roaming\Redthreadgames. Book 3 is stored in Locallow\Red Thread Games. The data for Books 1 and 2 must be saved in DCF version 2.1.3 before playing Book 3.

#17 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:37

After restoring the saved games for Books 1 & 2, replay the last scene in Book 2 with version 2.1.3. Then start Book 3.

#18 DrHouse

DrHouse

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:47

Sorry? I don't know why you held that up. I mean sorry, I didn't buy it on your recommended service.  

Hey, it's not me crying because I lost my saves.

• Lee-m likes this

#19 DrHouse

DrHouse

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:48

Well, that's a bit pretentious, I'd say.

So if I'm not using the amazing and all knowing steam, I'm a lesser being?

I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, but if it is, it's a poor one at best, and it's definitely not written as a joke.

By the way, good luck uninstalling steam and keeping your games installed at the same time, ohh and good luck playing without the steam client on your machine up and running consuming resources and requiring active internet connection.

Oh yes...really superior...

I think you are overreacting like... a lot.

Also a few point. uninstalling Steam doesn't unistall your games since 2007.

Steam takes 60MB of RAM, if you can run Dreamfall Chapters it means you have at least 4GB of RAM. Anyway it's up to you if you consider your savegames worthy enough of those 60MB.

And Steam doesn't require an active internet connection except for the first login and download, which is a no brainer.

And it was no joke. i mean it.

It's like someone saying "Oh noes, I lost all my theet in a car crash because I ate the wheel... if only they had some kind of belt to prevent that.

If you have a technology that avoids a problem and then you actively avoid such technology and you have the said problem... well, your fault.

#20 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 July 2015 - 20:51

Stop it. Now.
  • agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, khh and 3 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Problem, game save

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users