2 replies to this topic

#1 Kokiden

Kokiden

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 21:54

I have a new theory.  There's a lot of talk on this board about how April has to live so that the future we see in the beginning of TLJ (with Lady Alvane in the HoaW telling the story to kids) can come to be.  And since we already saw it then it has come to pass already.  

I propose to you "No".  They are not one in the same.  Everyone seems to think April will be the mother of the future.  But she's not.  She's the mother of a future that may yet be.  And now she is dead.  That future is gone.  We have never seen that future.  Lady Alvane in the HoaW is not the future April was going to create.  

So where does it leave us? With infinite possibilities and the freedom to choose any story, any path, and any future.  

As Cortez told April in TLJ...you can choose not to get involved and something else will happen.  There's no fate or destiny. 

• Rowan37 and Starseeker like this

Formerly known as Rookie1

#2 Corrado5834

Corrado5834

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationRome - Italy

Posted 29 June 2015 - 22:22

I have a new theory.  There's a lot of talk on this board about how April has to live so that the future we see in the beginning of TLJ (with Lady Alvane in the HoaW telling the story to kids) can come to be.  And since we already saw it then it has come to pass already.  

I propose to you "No".  They are not one in the same.  Everyone seems to think April will be the mother of the future.  But she's not.  She's the mother of a future that may yet be.  And now she is dead.  That future is gone.  We have never seen that future.  Lady Alvane in the HoaW is not the future April was going to create.  

So where does it leave us? With infinite possibilities and the freedom to choose any story, any path, and any future.  

As Cortez told April in TLJ...you can choose not to get involved and something else will happen.  There's no fate or destiny. 

Cool.

No fate but what we make.

Problem is that nobody wants to believe April's really dead.

But, if you have ever lost anyone dear IRL, you know you never wanted them to go, either.

Life's not always fair ... and Dreamfall might just mirror that.

There is this one profecy though, of April being the one to destroy the balance some time after having saved it (can't remember who said it, though).

So the profecy should be questioned too ...

#3 Evi

Evi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:41

But if we assume that Lady Alvane or anything else is just something that MAY be then asolutley anything can happen... and for me this is just too easy, there must be some connection between TLJ, DF and DFC and I think that everything we saw there is significant. I will be very dissapointed if not...

• Corrado5834 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: April

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users