Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:17

Just want to know do any one ells have trouble whit bugs in book 3 

book 3 chrash every 10 to 15 min. and Ferdows head spinning and spinning have pic. but dont know how to set pic from steam in here.  - and in book 2  i have purple walls and light from flying robots have no light but purple triangles its annoing and i dont enjoy the game it have never been a problem in book 1 - 2 before downloaded book 3 can we have it corrected its very annoing no fun at all. please some one help. from RTG 

Fix the problem please RTG before i give up, and never again play this game again. I mean it, fix or i will stop playing 

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:29

Hey Sha'nie. 

Can you do us a few favors to help us figure out what's going on here? First, can you please post your machine's specs. Second, can you verify your game's integrity in Steam? 

You can do this by going into your Library. Right click on Dreamfall Chapters and select Properties in the menu. Select the Local Files tab in the box that pops up. Then click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button. This will make sure you don't have any corrupt files in your game installation.

Lastly, can you please attach your output log from after you played and experienced these issues?  

You can find the game's output log in the location that the game is installed in a folder named "Dreamfall Chapters_Data". Since I think you said before you were on Steam (which is why I'm making that assumption) the file can usually be found in your Steam installation folder under "...\SteamApps\common\Dreamfall Chapters". In the "Dreamfall Chapters_Data" folder, the output log file is called "output_log.txt".

You can attach the file to a post by hitting "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the reply box. On the new reply page that you end up at, there should be an Attach File button at the bottom of the post box. 

Thanks!

• Sha'nie likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:37

ok thats a lot i'm not good at computers i'm a bit computer retared i will give it a try hopefully it will help are tired to try fix the problem trought steam who dont answer and to see Feerdows head spinning just found out to set a pic in here from steam  and he looks like this and its spinning a lot very annoing 

thank you Erika nice that you answer so fast thats the fasted answer today i'm a bit tired of all these problem and lag of answer. and bugs bugs in the game - so it was a blessing you answer so fast thanks. Now i hope it will help what you say but it will take a while before i find all that  - you know i'm pc retarded.

Attached Files

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:49

Yeah, that's really weird and I have no idea what would cause that. This is the first report of something like that I've seen. 

I'm sure we can figure it out and / or the devs can look into any issues that need to be fixed on their end, but that can't happen until we know what's causing the issue. So we need the specs and that file. We can walk you through any confusion or issues you run into though so no worries. 

EDIT: I'm going to move this to support so the devs are more likely to see it. 

• Sha'nie likes this

#5 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:53

thanks a lot Erika i'm beginning to smile again  - found this for a starter in Properties

(12 files could not be validated and will be downloaded again)

hope it will go automatic  ha ha fun i learn somthing here

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:54

Okay, if Steam found some errors, then that might be a lot of your problem. Let it do that and then see if that fixes the issues. :) If not, then we'll go from there. 

• Sha'nie likes this

#7 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 June 2015 - 18:10

yes yes yes Erika that seems to help, now Ferdows head looks normal, Oh dear let i stay still - thank you for your very fast help - why dident i ask looooong time ago,  but right now it looks ok 

Big smile from here, all over my face. 

have a nice day to you and the hole team of moderators and RTG

hope i dont see something strange again in the game and i dont chrash in 15 min again

• CosmicD likes this

#8 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 June 2015 - 18:21

Well now it chrash again was happy for a short time sorry what now only 5 min in game and then chrash

do you want me to send you my output log txt or do i misunderstand somthing here.

found the log file easy

#9 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 18:43

Yeah. Glad it fixed some of the stuff. If you can attach that log and any crash log your computer generated, that would be helpful. 

What does it do when the game crashes? Do you get any sort of message, or does it just shut down?

• Sha'nie likes this

#10 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:27

the game shut down but not completely just like if i set on pause/break/on screen save and then i go and press resume and it start up in a sek. 

But it crash every 5 - 15 min. but the grafic is ok now no spinning heads 

I found the outlog txt. not sure about the crash log how do i find that - yeah i know for people who know a lot about computers this is a stupid question, but i'm a pc retarted when it comes to that. sorry - and again thanks for all your help.

#11 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:49

Definite indications of memory issues and/or corrupted files.

We will need to look at your specs. 

This section of the FAQ thoroughly explains how to get a hold of the files we need. The file we need in this specific case is your DxDiag file, or any list of system and hardware specifications.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Sha'nie and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#12 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 July 2015 - 22:03

I Will like to send that log in A private mail to some in RTG team not in forum - "its A log"- sorry i dident answer before now have been at work - I know its vacation time - but we have 4 month to Solve the problem before book 4 - and i only make 1 playtrough of the game so dont worry we Can Solve this problem in time for book 4 i did finish book 3 dident enjoy that book because of the problem whit the game - but when i play that Again after book 5 i Maybe. Will

Thanks for all yours support - "still dident hear from steam"

#13 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 04 July 2015 - 22:25

Hi Sha'nie,

I'm glad Morton is helping you. I wish you well in finding a solution.

• Sha'nie likes this

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 22:36

No worries Sha'nie. It's fine. I hope they can help you.

Though if you do decide to post them here we might be able to help you quicker since it is vacation season and all. But it's your call.
  • Sha'nie and Kari2 like this

#15 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:32

Yes i know Agirlnamebob

But its A log i'm not sure i want all in here to look into my log its kind A privat right - and yes its vacation time but i dont play trough the boooks more than 1 so i have 4 month before book 4 to Solve the problem whit the RTG and Morten or someone els in the team so i'm ok whit that - thanks for all support in here

#16 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:52

Thanks Kari Big hug to you
  • Kari2 likes this

#17 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 14:02

We would never ask you to post anything private or with sensitive information.

All the files we're asking for will tell us is how powerful the hardware in your computer is and if the game is encountering any errors while it's running.

Again though. If you don't feel comfortable, that's fine. Just trying to help!
  • Sha'nie likes this

#18 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 July 2015 - 22:55

I Think you misunderstand me Erika i Will send the log to the team just not to the hole forum ok
and i know i have a powerful pc. Believe me - but you Will see for your self when i have the time to go to my pc and make that kopi and send it to A private mail to someone in the team RTG

#19 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 23:24

No, I understand what you mean. I'm just saying that there isn't anything private in those logs and if you post them here then people like me and khh can see them and offer suggestions.

You're totally welcome to just send them to RTG's support email address and not post them. I just know that the team is really really swamped and also on vacation now. So there's a chance your email might get buried. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that there isn't any sensitive information in those files if you wanted to share them to try to get help a little quicker. 

I'm not trying to change your mind, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion. That's all. :) 

#20 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:31

ok Erika thanks - i'm in no hurry. 

Whit all do respect for you and the team  - you and I see things different :(  :huh:  :rolleyes: - nothing wrong about that  - just that,  i think that a pc logs info is private,  i dont know people that well in here,  who know what that kind of log,  can be use for, of someone "bad" person.

Just thinking of what a friend ones said to me about log file and pc info in open forums -

so please dont take me wrong here Erika, :)  i'm just careful about all kind of private info and for me a log file is private -  it tells a lot about your system, and I dont want that in a open forum  - I have the log now and can send it to someone in RTG team to you or Morten  - and  i have time to wait to people are back from vacation,  we have time until book 4 realease, so looooots of time.  

- I just read the log it says "There are not found any problem"  - but if you want i can send the log to you in a private mail. I trust you and Morten and all in the RTG team ( i think :P ) or we can waite till vacation is over, its ok for me. Still I'm in no hurry. 

( my log files are not for every one in the forum only for those of the RTG team or moderators in here who can help me solve a problem ) - I still Crash just play the end of book 3 again and yes crash 

And  I found another strange things in my save - on steam i have 2 path in the same game and remember i have only played the game whit one playthrough  its maybe another bug  - but my choise was - the path that might be  - and now i see Zoe in the outfit from the path that ones was and  only in the the underground of book 2.

Take care Erika and thanks for your  patience and help.  :)

Greetings Sha'nie 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users