#1 Raebyn

Raebyn

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2015 - 18:30

Is there anything that can be done about the sluggish camera movement?

I'm playing on a Windows 7 64 bit system with good new gaming hardware and a two monitors-setup and I have no other technical issues.

I've already set the speed to 100%, but it's still really slow.

It felt to me like the camera was even slower than in the first two books, but this may be just imagination. I played other 3d games meanwhile and never had a problem like this.

Anyone else with this problem? And does anyone have a solution for this, maybe? I looked for an .ini-file or something, but without success.

#2 Raebyn

Raebyn

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2015 - 19:49

I've seen in another thread that you can also change some DF:C game settings in the Windows registry. To me it looks like changing the value of "MouseSensitivity" might help... but since it says that it has an invalid value (DWORD 32-Bit), I'm not going to touch this since I wouldn't know what I'm doing.

Any clue about this, anyone?

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 July 2015 - 20:33

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. Somehow I missed it. 

Anything you adjust in those settings registry settings should correspond to settings within the game. So I'd open up the settings in game and try playing with the mouse sensitivity to see if that helps the issue. 

If it doesn't let us know and we can maybe come up with some other suggestions. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2015 - 20:49

I've seen in another thread that you can also change some DF:C game settings in the Windows registry. To me it looks like changing the value of "MouseSensitivity" might help... but since it says that it has an invalid value (DWORD 32-Bit), I'm not going to touch this since I wouldn't know what I'm doing.

Any clue about this, anyone?

I actually looked into this, but I couldn't figure out what format it was stored in either. I tried interpreting the binary value as an integer and as a float, but that yielded a very unlikely results. So I don't think we can really help with this. Maybe the devs knows what format it's stored in, or alternatively, want to increase how much you can adjust the mouse sensitivity in the game.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camera, movement, windows, mouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users