#81 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:08

If both Zoe and April die, it's pretty depressing, right?
  • Crowboy likes this

#82 Vincy85

Vincy85

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRignano Flaminio(RM)

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:11

If both Zoe and April die, it's pretty depressing, right?

If Kian dies kamikaze on Ge'en is better, right? :D Crow will win the war alone :D 

Joking a part, after Dreamfall April, Kian and Zoë were so close to die. Only April seems died...

#83 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:14

I believe that all 3 are reborn in someway.

#84 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:14

The much debated light show in Propast was made to make Propast look dream like for Zoe, if I remember correctly.

It has now been proven that she was in fact only half in Propast, and dreaming.

In the place with Abnaxus, Zoe was also not fully there (half?)

Marcuria, on the other hand, doesn't look dream like at all, it looks quite normal, and the same as it looks for Kian (as far as I can tell).

Is Zoe now fully(?) in Marcuria, and this time she regained her memories. So her memories are essential for being fully there? Would this mean Propast looks very different when Zoe returns there later?

#85 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:20

Is Zoe now fully(?) in Marcuria, and this time she regained her memories. So her memories are essential for being fully there? Would this mean Propast looks very different when Zoe returns there later?

Zoë is probably fully in Marcuria since Crow is with her. Abnaxus told her that Crow is required for her to be fully there. Crow is the key.

• Mr Moo and Abnoxious like this

#86 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:51

Zoë is probably fully in Marcuria since Crow is with her. Abnaxus told her that Crow is required for her to be fully there. Crow is the key.

This is a good point, which I forgot about. Crow is indeed the key! So, no matter which realm Zoe goes to, Crow must follow. I'm sure he'll object. ;)

#87 Roseweave

Roseweave

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 18:17

The much debated light show in Propast was made to make Propast look dream like for Zoe, if I remember correctly.

It has now been proven that she was in fact only half in Propast, and dreaming.

In the place with Abnaxus, Zoe was also not fully there (half?)

Marcuria, on the other hand, doesn't look dream like at all, it looks quite normal, and the same as it looks for Kian (as far as I can tell).

Light show? 

#88 Quatipu

Quatipu

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 18:49

After some thinking, I am not sure about Zoë's body being dead. That Book Two ending with Zoë in the hospital is very confusing. It would mean there are three Zoës: Storytime Zoë, Hospital Zoë and Propast/Arcadia Zoë. We have already seen three Zoës at the beginning of DFC in Storytime when DFC Zoë argues with DF Zoë while Hospital Zoë is lying on her bed. It might be a clue that Zoë is now able to be at more than two different places at once.

Not exactly. If the coma itself is a dream, then Hospital Zoë and Propast/Arcadia Zoë would be identical. There would be the real Zoë in Storytime and the dream-projection Zoë in the hospital and later in Propast/Arcadia.

#89 Ablaze

Ablaze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 19:01

You didn't miss too much. The general synopsis: German guy pulls Zoe away.The scene switches to Zoe in (presumably) a hospital bed (as seen in my previous post). Zoe looks exactly like she did in her comatose state in the very beginning of DFC. In the background, you can hear the beeping of hospital equipment. The camera pans out to show more of Zoe, and you can see an IV on her arm. Zoe's body twitches slightly and her head moves to the left. The scene ends and the consequences scene pops up.

I'm curious if it's a glitch or not. That would be interesting if you chose to, say, not remember, that you didn't get that scene or something. I can't say for sure.

I chose not to remember and I still saw this scene. I'm guessing CPA just accidentally skipped it.

#90 CPAwesome

CPAwesome

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 19:21

And I chose to remember (at every opportunity), and still didn't see the scene.  I may have accidentally skipped it somehow, as Ablaze suggests.  More likely, I think it was a glitch.  I remember that at the end of Book Two, when it went back to the main menu, my menu options were in the wrong spot and were partially obscured, so that I had to restart the program before I could run Book Three.  So I already know there was some kind of glitch.  My guess is that whatever bug or hiccup in my computer caused the menu glitch, the same bug caused the final scene to not play.

#91 Roseweave

Roseweave

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 19:46

What happens if you DON'T chose to remember? 

#92 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 June 2015 - 19:47

Light show? 

http://redthreadgame...ffects-in-city/

#93 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 20:02

I've not read the entire thread but I think it's "simple": Zoë is physically in the hospital in Casablanca. Her "mind" was in Storytime but then went to Propast (and created a physical presence).

Using the Dreamachine now transferred her "mind" to Marcuria and, as it can't be in two places at once, its physical presence disappeared from Propast and a new one was created in Marcuria.
  • khh, aeonfluxx75, Crowboy and 4 others like this

#94 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 20:26

That's my interpretation of the situation as well.  Many of us were already wondering if Zoe was still in Casablanca back in book 2, especially after the end shot.  Her vanishing seems to confirm it.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#95 octopusinmybutt

octopusinmybutt

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 20:53

I have no idea what to think after reading all of this!

All i have to say on the topic is that I really liked the "bing" noise she made as she disappeared... (it could have been a notification on my phone, but i could have sworn it was from the game).

#96 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2015 - 20:57

Two issues:

1. There is a scene where Zoe awakes in hospital. Im Zoe Im alive. So maybe someone put her in coma again?

2. In Propast Zoe meet that girl which she saved in Storytime.
  • Sophia likes this

#97 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 21:17

Two issues:

1. There is a scene where Zoe awakes in hospital. Im Zoe Im alive. So maybe someone put her in coma again?

2. In Propast Zoe meet that girl which she saved in Storytime.

I think #2 is easy to deal with - at the start of DFC, Zoe's body is in the hospital, and her "projection" is in Storytime. When Zoe runs into the girl in Propast, her body is still in the hospital - it's just her projection that's moved to Europolis.

I agree that #1 is weird. If, after she "woke up" following the events of Chapter One, Zoe's projection started out in the hospital room as well, why didn't she notice that her body was still lying there??
  • Quatipu likes this

#98 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 21:25

I agree that #1 is weird. If, after she "woke up" following the events of Chapter One, Zoe's projection started out in the hospital room as well, why didn't she notice that her body was still lying there??

I think this is more or less the crux of the whole issue. We've been trying to figure out how the hell that would be possible since we first mentioned that maaaaybe she was still in a coma. Is everyone who knew her part of some conspiracy? How is that possible? 

Which is why I'm still sort of working through this half-baked theory that Real!Zoe was never in the hospital room. That Zoe may have been a projection the whole time and her actual body is being kept somewhere else. We were never shown Gabriel moving her to the hospital. Just her being put into a coma and then suddenly hospital. 

Alternately, maybe somehow through the coma, Storytime!Zoe became real Zoe and Coma!Zoe became a projection, but I'm not really sure I believe that or how that would even work in a narratively satisfying way. 

• Pawlo_86 and Quatipu like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#99 pazzer

pazzer

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 21:31

Not really sure what's going on with Zoe. She could be dead, still in  a coma or have woken up.

If didn't wake up then how is she able to continue studies and why isn't Reza still at hospital. Girl from storytime mets Zoe in Propast and Zoe doesn't reconise her. Which seems to back up waking up with memory loss.

Can't remember exact conversation but didn't Vagabond say Zoe had to go back and fix things but would forget stuff. Could there be a timelimit on how long she's able to be away from storytime and that's what fading comments refer to.

Had assumed Abnaxus comment refered to both Zoe's body and mind been in Arcadia. Unlike previous ocassions when just her mind was there.

No clothes left behind in Pandemonium. So unlikely to have been dreaming herself into Propast.

Not sure what to make of Zoe's change in apparence once she arrives in Marcuria.

Find it interesting Zoe needed Crow as reminded me of April in Dreamfall.

Guess a replay is in order while wait for book 4.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#100 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2015 - 21:41

Zoe is a Dreamer. Maybe it means that she dreaming herself in Stark and Arcadia. Her body isn't there. She belongs to Storytime. She has super powers in Storytime.
  • aeonfluxx75 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zoe, body, dream, disappears, vanishes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users