#21 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:05

What if Zoe was also engineered by Chang?

She might have but then what about Gabriel? So far, I believe they are both her biological parents and then Helena engineered Faith by using genetic properties found in Zoë's cells (or hers or Gabriel's).

• thelj and inspector like this

#22 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:06

She might have but then what about Gabriel? So far, I believe they are both her biological parents and then Helena engineered Faith by using genetic properties found in Zoë's cells (or hers or Gabriel's).

RTG said that Dreamer-ablities aren't genetic stuff.

#23 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:22

Yes, the vanishing of Zoe's body confused me a lot. We know from DF that when dream Zoe vanishes, she returns to her real body, and at that moment she wakes up. If Propast Zoe is the dream version, when she vanished she should wake up/return to her real body. Zoe woke up in Arcadia. Does that mean her real body has been in Arcadia all this time. It makes no sense whatsoever. 

Putting all previous reasoning aside, let's say Propast Zoe is dream Zoe. In book 3, supposedly, she regained her memories. Wouldn't she realize that she's still in a coma or that her real body is somewhere else?

Nah.. there has to be a very good explanation to make me buy that the Zoe that we met so far is the dream version. Or some heavy retconning.

The only explanation i can think of at the moment is that her dream powers have somehow, i don't, weakened, and when she Dreams she can't maintain a dream projection of herself, so she has to Dream her actual original body to ( in that particular instance ) Arcadia. That's why her body vanished.

That could have something to do with Lux. Zoe as a Dreamer has a strong connection to Lux ( the first Dreamer ), so now that Lux is sick, it affects Zoe and her powers. Lux being sick could also be the cause of Zoe starting to fade. 

• Clairobscur and Pawlo_86 like this

#24 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:23

RTG said that Dreamer-ablities aren't genetic stuff.

I didn't know that. If they're not genetic, what are they? Magical?

Something else troubles me: the Vagabond said to Zoë that she is THE Dreamer (like the only one, not one of many). Dreamers are also supposed to be extremely rare, yet we keep meeting more and more...

Lux is the First Dreamer and seems to reside in Arcadia (and not in Storytime).

Zoë is known to belong to Storytime.

Could there be one Dreamer in each world and Hanna be the Dreamer of Stark?

• Quatipu likes this

#25 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:38

I wonder if it's relevant that Zoë looks so much healthier in Arcadia. Also, Abnaxus says she was only half "there" (where?) and needs to be whole there.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#26 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:46

I wonder if it's relevant that Zoë looks so much healthier in Arcadia. 

Well... fresh air, a nice bright natural sun ( not a synthetic crappy one ). It makes sense.  :P

• inspector likes this

#27 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:54

Perhaps Zoe -is- the original Dreamer and was literally looking at herself in that one sequence.

#28 linkgoron

linkgoron

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:55

Well, I just thought that this means that she's still in Casablanca, and has never woken up from her coma. 

#29 Quatipu

Quatipu

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:06

There is something special about Propast. I don't mean those mysterious towers. Hanna is a Dreamer. Maybe from Arcadia. Quennie can be Kin. Green or Red. The little girl which Zoe saved in Storytime lived in Propast.

I don't believe that Hanna is from Arcardia. Hanna really seemed to be surprised that Zoe was able to dream herself into another world. (On another note, there was some background story of Hanna on kickstarter, saying she is from Essex.)

#30 Quatipu

Quatipu

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:16

I didn't know that. If they're not genetic, what are they? Magical?

Something else troubles me: the Vagabond said to Zoë that she is THE Dreamer (like the only one, not one of many). Dreamers are also supposed to be extremely rare, yet we keep meeting more and more...

Lux is the First Dreamer and seems to reside in Arcadia (and not in Storytime).

Zoë is known to belong to Storytime.

Could there be one Dreamer in each world and Hanna be the Dreamer of Stark?

I'm not sure if Lux really is in Arcadia. I thought of the place more of some world in-between (or outside), like the Guardian's Realm. But I like your theory a lot.

I wonder if it's relevant that Zoë looks so much healthier in Arcadia. Also, Abnaxus says she was only half "there" (where?) and needs to be whole there.

Interestingly enough, Abnaxus said "there" everytime but the subtitle was always "here". So what if she woke up from Stark, but did not wake up from Arcadia yet? She was mentioned to belong to Storytime after all.

#31 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:19

I am replaying Book Three. Queenie tells Hanna she and Zoë were drawn together (and adds "Coincidence is a powerful force"). They were drawn and not dreamt, so it would seem they are not Lux's creation. Who drew them? We know that Saga, April and Faith draw...

When Zoë puts on the Dreamachine the first time, Abnaxus tells her the bird is the key (to be there in whole). It reminds me of what the White told April in Dreamfall: that she needed Crow to shift and reach the Guardian's Realm.

Crow is not aware of much but he is not just your average sidekick.

• spyked and Pawlo_86 like this

#32 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:23

I'm not sure if Lux really is in Arcadia. I thought of the place more of some world in-between (or outside), like the Guardian's Realm.

I think I mixed up Purple Mountains and Border Mountains.

But I like your theory a lot.

Thanks. :)

#33 JACKofDiam0nDs

JACKofDiam0nDs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:30

remember when she used her own dream machine ( and not the one which she stole from mr London) her body did not vanish and ofcourse she did not fully make it to arcadia. it was only vanish when she used the other dream machine. what about that?

• Clairobscur likes this

#34 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:31

remember when she used her own dream machine ( and not the one which she stole from mr London) her body did not vanish. it was only vanish when she used the other dream machine. what about that?

The question if she ever used Dreamer before Chapter 7?

#35 JACKofDiam0nDs

JACKofDiam0nDs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:35

The question if she ever used Dreamer before Chapter 7?

not Voluntary

#36 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:09

I am replaying Book Three. Queenie tells Hanna she and Zoë were drawn together (and adds "Coincidence is a powerful force"). They were drawn and not dreamt, so it would seem they are not Lux's creation. Who drew them? We know that Saga, April and Faith draw...

They were drawn together, in that particular sentence means that something attracted one to the other, some sort of force brought them together. Nothing to do with drawing a picture. Maybe a native english speaker can explain it  better.

• debro and Pawlo_86 like this

#37 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:12

They were drawn together, in that particular sentence means that something attracted one to the other, some sort of force brought them together. Nothing to do with drawing a picture. Maybe a native english speaker can explain it  better.

Yes, indeed. I see conspiracies everywhere! :D

#38 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:15

Yes, indeed. I see conspiracies everywhere! :D

Don't we all?  ;)

• Clairobscur likes this

#39 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:25

There is some connection between Dreamers (people) and Dreamers (devices). The device in Dreamfall was named as Dreamer. Dreamer is supposed to allow to do the same stuff as Dreamer person. Shape dreams, dreams became reality. So maybe Dreamers (Zoe, Faith, Hanna) are very early experiment from Project Alchera? I also suspect that Faith can be created from April DNA.

• Clairobscur likes this

#40 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 13:59

There is some connection between Dreamers (people) and Dreamers (devices). The device in Dreamfall was named as Dreamer. Dreamer is supposed to allow to do the same stuff as Dreamer person. Shape dreams, dreams became reality. So maybe Dreamers (Zoe, Faith, Hanna) are very early experiment from Project Alchera? I also suspect that Faith can be created from April DNA.

That's interesting...

Regarding why Zoë disappears with the unlicensed Dreamer: we know there is some tracking device in the licensed one. There might also be some mechanism preventing the Dreamers (people) to disappear and/or mess up with DreamCore (like Faith did).

On another note: is there some information about Mumbai? Gabriel lives there and Mira and Abby wants to flee there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zoe, body, dream, disappears, vanishes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users