Photo

Possiblity of E-books being added to Backerkit?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 30 March 2014 - 15:22

I was just wondering if there was a possibility of the Journeys: Birth e-book and Journeys: the Graphic Novel being added to backerkit as digital add ons? Or is the audiobook a recoding of the short story collection (I'm a little confused about this) and therefore it's a waste of him having both the e-book and audiobook on there?  I'm already down for the audiobook on backerkit and just wanted to check about ebooks. Thanks in advance. :)

• Mixthos likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#2 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:21

I take it from the lack of an replay the answer is no. Thats okay, just thought I would ask!  :)

The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:07

From the replies about t-shirts, it seems it's a bit hard to know who's bought which addon etc. So if that's the case, it's probably wise not to add any more available addons in backerkit right now. I'm all for making the digital books available for purchase in the end though (even though it's supposed to be kickstarter exclusive).
  • TalkingOak and funnybird like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:27

I was just wondering if there was a possibility of the Journeys: Birth e-book and Journeys: the Graphic Novel being added to backerkit as digital add ons? Or is the audiobook a recoding of the short story collection (I'm a little confused about this) and therefore it's a waste of him having both the e-book and audiobook on there?  I'm already down for the audiobook on backerkit and just wanted to check about ebooks. Thanks in advance. :)

This is A Very Good question. Might be that the ebook comes with the audiobook — but I'll have to check what the plan is. Regardless, we will probably make (some version of) the ebook available for purchase at some point — without devaluing the Kickstarter rewards, of course.

First though, we have to finish the bloody thing. That seems to be the first order of business.

Ragnar

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, TalkingOak and 4 others like this

#5 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 10 April 2014 - 14:16

This may be a stupid question Ragnar, but if the ebooks are being added, are they implicitly available to people who have already backed DFC to a certain level? What i means is that we don't have to go and add this as an addon on top of what was already pledged? Assuming people pledged to the appropriate level of course. No freebies :) Well, not quite anyway

All that said, I'd prefer the audio book personally but that's just me

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#6 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 15:22

Regardless, we will probably make (some version of) the ebook available for purchase at some point — without devaluing the Kickstarter rewards, of course.

I think a short period of exclusivity for backers-- as in, sending the ebook and/or audiobook to backers a few days or a week before putting it up for purchase -- is enough "extra value" for me to still feel like a special snowflake. :)

It's a good potential ancillary revenue stream for you guys, and I'd rather that non-backers have the ability to buy it from you, rather than obtaining it through other means.
  • Tina, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 4 others like this

#7 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 10 April 2014 - 15:53

I think a short period of exclusivity for backers-- as in, sending the ebook and/or audiobook to backers a few days or a week before putting it up for purchase -- is enough "extra value" for me to still feel like a special snowflake. :)

It's a good potential ancillary revenue stream for you guys, and I'd rather that non-backers have the ability to buy it from you, rather than obtaining it through other means.

I agree with this. With internet we know that nothing stays exclusive over time. Better that RTG get more sales income. The more money they get in, the more beanies and beer for the RTG sta... ehr... the more good games they will be able to make :)

I don't mind that others can buy things that originally was exclusive for kickstarter. It can be released for sale in the store an "appropriate" time after the kickstarter contributers received it.

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and DiskJunky like this

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#8 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 April 2014 - 16:58

This may be a stupid question Ragnar, but if the ebooks are being added, are they implicitly available to people who have already backed DFC to a certain level? What i means is that we don't have to go and add this as an addon on top of what was already pledged? Assuming people pledged to the appropriate level of course. No freebies :) Well, not quite anyway

All that said, I'd prefer the audio book personally but that's just me

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. So, right now, everyone who pledged $50 and up gets the Journeys ebook, and everyone who pledged $150 and up gets the audiobook in addition.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

Ragnar

• DiskJunky likes this

#9 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 10 April 2014 - 17:34

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. So, right now, everyone who pledged $50 and up gets the Journeys ebook, and everyone who pledged $150 and up gets the audiobook in addition.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

Ragnar

Nope, I misunderstood your original post :) All clear now though - thank you! Excuse my dumbassary - brain fart :)

Ignore the crazy person and back away slowly...

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users