6 replies to this topic

#1 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:40

I liked how there were specific dates in TLJ, but I missed them in Dreamfall, so I put this together. Sorry if someone else already did.

In one of the possible conversations with Vinnie, the guy supervising the Victory Hotel, Zoë can say that Christmas was four weeks ago. When the game starts, Zoë says it is Thursday. Christmas was Friday, December 25, 2218, so this makes the game start on Thursday, January 21, 2219.

Thursday, January 21, 2219:

• Zoë is in Casablanca and plans to have her get-together, but is detained for several hours at the police station.

​Friday, January 22, 2219:

• Reza has gone missing and Zoë does her detective work looking for him. At the end of the day she heads to Newport.
  • The segment with April's crew in the Northland woods takes place and they head for Marcuria.

​Saturday, January 23, 2219:

• Zoë is in Newport and in Marcuria that night.
  • April and her crew have made it to Marcuria and capture and interrogate Zoë.
  • Kian is sent to Marcuria.
  • April investigates the caverns under the Journeyman and the dream chamber that night, even though some of this plays into Zoë's story in the next day.

Sunday, January 24, 2219:

• Zoë is in Wati City. She cannot get a ticket because the ticket office is closed on Sundays.
  • April decides to go see the White Dragon and boards a Shadowship.
  • Kian speaks to the Azadi Emissary, Sister Sahya.

Monday, January 25, 2219:

• Zoë goes back to Marcuria and is arrested for performing magic
  • Kian meets with Zoë and then April
  • April Shifts back to Marcuria and helps rescue Zoë with Crow
  • Zoë, Crow and Brian leave on a cloudship for the Dark People's City
  • April's crew leaves for the swamp city
  • Kian raids the Journeyman and makes Na'ane take him to swamp city

​Tuesday, January 26, 2219:

• Everyone is traveling. Zoë writes in her journal that it is day two aboard the cloudship, and Brian says that they will probably reach the Dark People's City the next day.

​Wednesday, January 27, 2219:

• The White Dragon helps Zoë teleport to the swamp city. The city is raided, everyone is killed, April is stabbed and Kian is arrested.
  • Zoë wakes up and goes to St. Petersburg and has her adventure there.

​Thursday, January 28, 2219:

• Zoë is back in Casablanca and helps Faith pass on. Helena Chang overdoses her on morpheus.

Gabriel probably came home a few days later and found her comatose, and then Zoë probably gives her monologue in the hospital a few days after that, since it said "two weeks ago" when it flashed back at the beginning of the game.

Also, Zoë's probably already had her birthday before the 21st, since her mother died "15 years ago", but she got Wonkers when she was four, and he was a consolation for her mother dying, but she's 20 now. Damien said the static started "about three months ago" and Faith died on November 3, according to Dr. Park's datacube.

• Jecica, Nilaii, Clairobscur and 5 others like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#2 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:41

We put together one at the old forum when DF came out, but that included all of the dates mentioned and inferred from the game script. I'd link to it, but it looks like Sade Lyrate's page is no longer up. :(

If you feel like a trip to the past, you can see the original thread here.

• Jecica likes this

#3 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:22

Oh no, I loved her page! :tear:  Not even a wayback machine can bring it back.

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#4 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:31

I know, I tried that too. :) :_(

#5 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 April 2014 - 16:25

I liked how there were specific dates in TLJ, but I missed them in Dreamfall, so I put this together. Sorry if someone else already did.

This is awesome, thanks for putting it together! I was just scratching my head and wondering about some of the Dreamfall dates.

• wandrew, skadet, Edreamer Jamil and 5 others like this

#6 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:44

You're welcome! :D It's so cool that you think my post is awesome, hahaha

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#7 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:35

Yeah, thats why I always play it trough In January :) and tlj i start my annual playtrough on 28 of july :). I like playing the game like that:)

It's sad that you sometimes don't know if the vactrack and scramjet travels would make the time pass to another day or not when the next chapter of the story start :)

• NeilClaimer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users